Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Shipment 12 got me up to Issue 48... still missing the other half of the large gear bay and the second bay... I think those come in 49/50... maybe i'm wrong... I've got parts everywhere! LOL
No, you have everything you need after 48. I have my entire bottom hull including both gear bays. Issue 49 instructions are to put remaining pieces on the bottom, but the included parts are upper hull in that issue and after that.

No, you have everything you need after 48. I have my entire bottom hull including both gear bays. Issue 49 instructions are to put remaining pieces on the bottom, but the included parts are upper hull in that issue and after that.

Well then... I guess what you're saying is that I need to start painting this now huh to see just how badly I mess it up?? LOL

Is the Deag Falcon actually the ESB Falcon, or is it a mash up of ANH and ESB?

Plus has anyone reached the stage where they have fitted in the interior seating area yet? Just wondered if there would be any extra space to extend the area a bit where the back wall, where the stowage goes, so it is a bit deeper?

Plus has anyone reached the stage where they have fitted in the interior seating area yet? Just wondered if there would be any extra space to extend the area a bit where the back wall, where the stowage goes, so it is a bit deeper?
It's definitely the 32inch Empire Falcon all the way. No one as far as I know is far enough to have installed the interior.

Paplooo has some pics on page 123 of his interior test fitting if that helps.

The DeAgo is accurate to the 32" made for ESB (& used in ROTJ) ......BUT also......inserted later in ANH:SE docked in the Death Star.....

The addition of cockpit interior, hold & engine details make it different to the studio model though

J

I just received my 11th package a few days ago. That puts me at issue 44. We all tend to geek out and overanalyze the kit, but even out of the box it's still one incredible model. It's killing me that I'm not able to build it right now because I'm going to be looking for a larger place in the coming months. I do enjoy looking at all the build logs though, and I'm getting plenty of ideas for when I finally get settled into a new place to begin building it. Now if Bandai can produce a Star Destroyer at a reasonable scale...

That's what everyone is waiting for. Many people have been waiting to discover just how the lounge area attaches to the bottom hull. I've heard rumors that there will be some sort of a platform that it attaches to. Now whether or not that platform is going to be solid or will allow for the pits in the hold floor to be built is a whole different story. Many have finished their interiors but since we're all waiting to see how it's attached to the lower hull we are waiting to find out. As for the version of this... it's based on the 32" ESB prop that was used in the movie, only a few added details that have fallen or broken off over the years as well as a complete interior (of which the prop did no have).

Does anyone know if DeAgostini is going to replace the top gun well part? In addition to some inaccuracies in the part itself, Dymszo mentions in his video that you can simply knock the incorrectly oriented gun well window frame out and re-glue it. Unfortunately, I managed to crack the window frame in my attempt.

TazMan2000

Does anyone know if DeAgostini is going to replace the top gun well part? In addition to some inaccuracies in the part itself, Dymszo mentions in his video that you can simply knock the incorrectly oriented gun well window frame out and re-glue it. Unfortunately, I managed to crack the window frame in my attempt.

TazMan2000
So you're talking about replacing the big circular hull plate? I can't imagine there will be another, but haven't people been able to order (re-order) specific issues? What I don't get is why the left hand at Deago can't talk to the right hand so that they could simply stop gluing that frame in there. If it came as a separate piece, all you have to do remove the placement tab.

So you're talking about replacing the big circular hull plate? I can't imagine there will be another, but haven't people been able to order (re-order) specific issues? What I don't get is why the left hand at Deago can't talk to the right hand so that they could simply stop gluing that frame in there. If it came as a separate piece, all you have to do remove the placement tab.

DeAgo had a whole lot of them ordered (due to the first few issues) and made it a bulk order, and since they are all made in China, it is kinda hard to stop that when they've already got a whole warehouse full of the same part with the defective placement glued in. However, they did make them separate parts for the bottom turrent (even the mount isn't glued on). So honestly, I would get the bottom turret with gun and use it instead. BTW - I cracked mine as well and the glue really didn't give so I have big chucks missing in the sides, may end up having to do the same.

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid of that. Mine isn't that bad...nothing that a bit of glue and filler won't fix, I looked at the bottom turret piece and compared it to the top, and there are some differences or else I would have switched the pieces around.

TazMan2000

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid of that. Mine isn't that bad...nothing that a bit of glue and filler won't fix, I looked at the bottom turret piece and compared it to the top, and there are some differences or else I would have switched the pieces around.

TazMan2000

What about just using the window portion of the bottom turret for a replacement for the cracked top one? Maybe purchase a new issue 46 and use it's window.

Or, buy a new issue two.

Or, try contacting DeAgo and explain what happened, they may be understanding and send a replacement.

Or ask here and see if anyone has a spare they could give/sell to you.

You could also get replacement windows on shapeways from Tony (308bits) or SpaceInScale.

Many options...

Last edited:
What about just using the window portion of the bottom turret for a replacement for the cracked top one? Maybe purchase a new issue 46 and use it's window.

You could also get replacement windows on shapeways from Tony (308bits) or SpaceInScale

My window frame is cracked but it is recoverable with a bit of work. Spending another 67 or so US dollars (plus shipping) just isn't worth it for something that I can fix with less than a half hours work. I'm just a little irked that Deag didn't provide a replacement part for something that is clearly incorrect. I know, I know...there are clearly a lot of inaccuracies compared to the studio model. I'm still excited about this build and am not a rivet counter, so I'm not as critical as some might be with the accuracy issues. I just would like the major ones to be looked into.

TazMan2000

Whatever it is, it's definitely there on purpose. It's not like they just forgot to cut out the notches, it's a whole area purposely cut out. I posted it on the "ask the publisher" section on the Deago website. We will see what they say.

Now that the wiring diagram has been revealed in issue 57, the missing section is most likely there to help remove the side wall covering the main switch.

I've noticed an extra square hole in one of the rear gear bays. I wondered if there may be a switch (or power jack) located there. But, I've been curious about all the holes in the gear bays.

...I cracked mine as well and the glue really didn't give so I have big chucks missing in the sides, may end up having to do the same.

I had the same problem, but managed a workable repair with some 0.01" styrene.

IMG_2479_s.jpg

It's not a perfect solution, but I think it qualifies as "good enough", especially once final paint and weathering is applied.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back