Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Meh. I Just talked to the German customer support and the lady on the other side of the phone was, although very friendly, not too helpful. I left my email adress in hopes of being notifyed upon future release.

I emailed them with a similar question and got this reply

"Thank you for your email, kindly be advised that the project will not be cancelled at any point this is our guarantee to our subscribers."

It would appear I'm in!

I'm sure they put a warning in small print someplace that they can discontinue it at any time. They would be crazy not to. Hopefully they would not want the bad press from doing that..and that will keep them honest...They better release it in USA THO..I'd hate to see the EBAY prices on these if they don't

I emailed them with a similar question and got this reply

"Thank you for your email, kindly be advised that the project will not be cancelled at any point this is our guarantee to our subscribers."

It would appear I'm in!
How did you find an email to contact them? I've looked on their web page for the CONTACT us..and it just takes you to a F.A.Q. ... I then tried to register..but nothing seems to happen when I try to log on...

Just seen this over at Resin Illuminati. Interesting the size difference between the new on the left and old issue on right

Click to enlarge
IMAG2166.jpg

You have to consider that Disney's name is on this one as well as their acquired brand Lucas Films. This won't be dying at all and will come to fruition.

How did you find an email to contact them? I've looked on their web page for the CONTACT us..and it just takes you to a F.A.Q. ... I then tried to register..but nothing seems to happen when I try to log on...

You might need to create an account under the 'Model Space' section unless your IP address limits you given your presumably US location for now.

I've just emailed Bissett magazines to find out if/when this is being released in Australia. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have already done this.

Uh. "Parents"? And don´t they know about the large scale Lego Falcon that goes for several K nowadays? Perspective, perspective ...

Sorry but I got to agree £8.99 for a weekly magazine is a joke. I'd expect that if I were getting this once a month. Being that it's close to £40 is quite a chunk from anyone's pay packet!

If you want this Falcon for free, subscribe twice and build two Falcons. Then wait a few years and sell one of them at double the price (or even more). :D

Yes , it is a chunk of cash , but nobody's breaking your arm to buy it.
If you think it costs to much DON"T BUY IT, but please stop bitching that it costs what it costs

If you want this Falcon for free, subscribe twice and build two Falcons. Then wait a few years and sell one of them at double the price (or even more). :D

That´s actually not such a bad idea. A dealer friend of mine once told me the reason why the larger vintage toy ships are always the most expensive nowadays. Because a) not too many were bought because of the price tag, and b) nobody hoarded them like they do with action figures because of storage space! Same goes for the MR Falcon and the Lego Falcon.

Yes , it is a chunk of cash , but nobody's breaking your arm to buy it.
If you think it costs to much DON"T BUY IT, but please stop bitching that it costs what it costs
Sorry for having an opinion that may differ to yours.

That´s actually not such a bad idea. ...

I'm a coin collector and that's the way I got my whole collection almost for free. You just have to know which pieces of your collection you have to buy twice. And this Falcon is definitely such a piece. ;)

Yes have read that but the only thing I saw was DeAgostini say (some improvements to the products). I might have missed something else but I was curious as why the size difference.
Is it just a stuff up on this one part
Where they doing the model a slightly smaller scale and decided to scale it up a bit to be same as studio scale
Have they decided to do these changes because they now realise what they have. A opportunity to sell more

I'm sure they want a decent return on their investment but I can't see kids being a primary target audience for something like this and it's understandable that parents would be upset. Most people aren't going to know enough about the falcon to appreciate the level of detail that's being put into this or the expense that incurs to the manufacturer. It would be wasted on most people anyway, they just won't notice most of the finer details. Honestly, I'm shocked that the price is as low as it is.

And perfect proof that exactly what this is is totally lost on the average person is evident by the title the Daily Mail choose for the article. "£900 spaceship toy" :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back