Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

I've been wanting a 3d printer for some time and this thread helped pull the trigger on a solidoodle they had for $349. Its very entry level but with a 8" print area I couldn't pass it up.

WTG @ Deric you're about to enter a whole new world. You'll start to think different about things once you realize you can control your environment in ways you never realize before. Welcome to the club! :)

I think the issue people are having with the face is it follows the brow curvature at a set distance. On the actual prop I believe this starts to flatten out about mid eye across the bridge to the other eye at mid point. You can see this in the following pic: (sorry I had to link the image as it said it was invalid to attach the PNG file.)

slord%20brow.png

This thread is a phenomenal help and I just want to say a big thank you to everyone involved.

This is my first foam build so I can foresee a lot of mistakes before I get this right.

I just have a few questions for anyone who is also doing a foam build.

I've downloaded and printed out the pepmaster unfold and now I'm beginning to cut the pieces into my foam. Are we expected to use all the pieces? It seems that some are a bit small, particularly the smaller circular shapes.

It also feels like my foam is too thick (Im using 9mm) as when I try to make the cylindrical pieces they look really chunky?

Hi everyone, I used the pep master unfold for my first ever build. I had a great time putting this together and I thank you helagak for uploading the files. I just got into this scene a few weeks ago and just got back from dragoncon (1st time) here are a few pics of my foam build.

**Apologies for the sideways pics. I uploaded from my phone and am not sure why they presented this way.**

20140826_132613.jpg
20140826_132606.jpg
20140831_203855.jpg

So, I got my helm and am finally assembling everything. I found my boot rockets I think are a bit too heavy, so I'm planning to trim them down in size, :( - Here' my helmet, however:

MASK.jpg

for foam, what do you do bout those little lines some of the pieces in the pdo file? do you still need to draw them in and cut on the foam?

Hey guys I printed out the foam vs2 unfold and didn't change anything to the scale.

So far testing the cardstock on my face it looks like this.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Is it too large for me? the ear piece is where my ear is so that seems to line up properly. But the side piece looks to be closer to the front then it should...unless it's supposed to be like that? I'm 5'10 and my head size seems to be about 23" circumference.

Last edited:
Hey guys I printed out the foam vs2 unfold and didn't change anything to the scale.

View attachment 371799View attachment 371800

Is it too large for me? the ear piece is where my ear is so that seems to line up properly. But the side piece looks to be closer to the front then it should...unless it's supposed to be like that? I'm 5'10 and my head size seems to be about 23" circumference.

I guess you can always use some foam for padding inside if it's a little too big?

View attachment 371799View attachment 371800

Too big is better than too small - especially if you want to put any lights in it. Mine fits my head so closely that I don't have room for electronics! Also remember that you will lose a bit of inside space because the foam is thicker than the paper. I'd suggest finishing at least part of the front piece and seeing how much extra space you've got at that point.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back