D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Speaking of which, how well does a train cab hold up when hitting a 5 ton giant gorilla at 100mph?

Speaking of realism, 5 TON gorilla? 10,000 pounds? According to Google, obese silverback gorillas in captivity tip the scales only at 600 pounds. =)

The one on one flash vs reverse flash are alway a treat, but it's a shame they had to nerf reverse flash against oliver. That oliver vs barry is a draw, ok, barry was new at this and all, but thawn is not only a better fighter, he's also faster than barry, and he let a guy with a bow hit him twice ? Meh. Kinda hoping it's part of his plan, if I remember well, flashpoint paradox starts with the reverse flash getting captured. +1 on the blur thing, we know who he his, no need to hide it anymore.

I think that Reverse Flash WANTED to be captured. No other reason to catch the Big Bad in the penultimate episode of the season.

Agreed. For the guy that's always 100 steps ahead... getting caught seemed way too easy.

Didn't really like the whole thing with the metahuman prisoners escaping but I did like the conflict of how they're breaking the rules to do the right thing and all.

I also liked what could be a chance to see Green Lantern in this series very soon... and maybe get a GL TV show.

They've done a great job on this series so far. Much less of a train wreck than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agreed. For the guy that's always 100 steps ahead... getting caught seemed way too easy.

Exactly.

Didn't really like the whole thing with the metahuman prisoners escaping but I did like the conflict of how they're breaking the rules to do the right thing and all.

Eh, I can understand the breakout. The villains aren't really a threat if they are one-shot baddies. Besides the "villain of the week" thing gets old fast. I still want to see Trickster get out and try to join the Rogues, only to have Snart tell him "Not no, but HELL no."

I also liked what could be a chance to see Green Lantern in this series very soon... and maybe get a GL TV show.

Don't know about a GL TV show, but I freely admit that my inner fanboy squealed like a girl when they mentioned a Ferris Air test pilot going missing.

They've done a great job on this series so far. Much less of a train wreck than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Watch it there, son... the season finale of AoS was absolutely fantastic.

Maybe, but remember it took 3 heroes to take him down. If Arrow & Firestorm didn't show up, then maybe I'll believe it if Flash alone defeated RF.

Well, he did have to make it look good for Barry. If he made it too easy to capture him, Barry would be suspicious. After all, Reverse Flash is a LOT faster than Barry and a much better fighter. In a straight up head to head, one on one fight, Barry would get his red-clad backside handed to him. Having Ronnie and Oliver show up to help actually played in his favor to sell the loss. You saw how easy it was for him to vibrate the nanites out of his body. He could have done it again just as easily.

Well Oliver did shoot him with triple the dosage the second time around and before that, RF got fireblasted by Firestorm giving Oliver the chance for the final kill. We have to see the next episode why RF wanted to be captured if that's true. I thought RF wanted to go home using the fully-charged particle accelerator while planning to defeat Flash.

Okay, someone refresh my memory--the last comic I read with the Reverse Flash in it was in the late 70s. How did he get his powers?

Okay, someone refresh my memory--the last comic I read with the Reverse Flash in it was in the late 70s. How did he get his powers?

He was a big fan of the Flash so he replicated the accident to give himself powers and then had surgery to look like Barry. Things didn't go well for him when he went back in time to meet his idol.

To snart: "...and we need your freeze gun" (or words to that effect).

Huh? Cisco made the latest one in an afternoon, while he was a prisoner in a villa with no access to advanced tools or technology. (and invented another weapon while he was at it). He can build another one. They don't need Snart.

So an ARGUS plane crashes. No big deal, no repercussions, not a big disaster affecting the city, no guilt on the part of our heroes that a bunch of people just died because of their screwup, just a little oopsie.

Logistically their metahuman prison never made sense. I thought maybe they were in stasis or something, but apparently not. Who's feeding them? How do they go potty?

As mentioned in another thread, the actor playing Snart needs some direction to give some nuance to his performance. All he plays is snotty.

Unlike Arrow, though, I'm still on this show's side. I'm in next season.

As mentioned in another thread, the actor playing Snart needs some direction to give some nuance to his performance. All he plays is snotty.

Unlike Arrow, though, I'm still on this show's side. I'm in next season.

I disagree entirely. The way Wentworth Miller plays Snart is absolutely fantastic. The deadpan humor and snotty, almost bored attitude he has definitely works. It works even better with Heat Wave by his side.

Definitely agree with you about Arrow though.... My goodness season 3 was a train wreck!

Also... some screencaps of the time traveling montage, revealing glimpses into a possible alternate future that was averted thanks to Barry waving himself off (which now that I think about it, sounds MUCH dirtier than it should).

Alternate Barry
23NbwQh.png

Looks like Alter-Barry has been a bad boy...

Alternate Caitlin
I4zhddb.png

7Yx6IdR.gif

May I just say... YUM!!!

I loved the awesome arrival of a certain helmet... "That's my cue to leave..." - Yeah, you're right on that account.

Regarding Cisco... Someone wanna pick up that phone? BECAUSE I FREAKING CALLED IT!

Additionally:
EDDIE, NOOOOOO!!!!!

Well when you have Vibe as a character on the show that's an easy call to make. That phone's being left on the hook.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad that they didn't do Flashpoint. That's a hell of a finale and I can't wait for more.

Such teases with Jay's helmet too, awesome.

Well when you have Vibe as a character on the show that's an easy call to make. That phone's being left on the hook.

No, I mean that he was affected at the same time as everyone else. They kinda seemed like he and Caitlin weren't affected by the particle accelerator explosion and that their powers might come out at a later date due to something else.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad that they didn't do Flashpoint. That's a hell of a finale and I can't wait for more.

I think the idea was that originally they were going for the Flashpoint Paradox story, but with Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow starting next season, it would be a bad time.

Such teases with Jay's helmet too, awesome.

I squee'd a bit at that, and I'm a 6 foot tall, 300+ pound burly dude.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back