Things you're tired of seeing in movies

It's not so much stealing but also mugging.
That makes a little more sense, providing someone has some way to find the person in the subsequently e-mailed photos and you can find a police officer willing to do that much footwork over a stolen cell phone.

That makes a little more sense, providing someone has some way to find the person in the subsequently e-mailed photos and you can find a police officer willing to do that much footwork over a stolen cell phone.
Well, considering the fact that the app can (among a bucketload of other things) transmit GPS coordinates of the phone (which it does either upon request via a secret sms command sent from another phone, or via a PC with internet access and even if any non - authorised SIM card is inserted) it shouldn't be too hard to know the whereabouts of the potential thief.
I guess cops will be helpful if you show them a pic of the suspect and the current location of the phone.

EDIT: Completely derailed the topic now... better get back on track I guess

How about when the heroes go to a packed out bar, and then have a conversation at a normal level and still hear every word, or that they can step straight up to the bar and get served?

Most nights out I have been on have been noisy as hell, takes you an average of ten minutes to get served, and you can only hear the person immediately next to you if they are shouting. The person two seats away might as well be miming for all you can hear of them.

How about when the heroes go to a packed out bar, and then have a conversation at a normal level and still hear every word, or that they can step straight up to the bar and get served?

Most nights out I have been on have been noisy as hell, takes you an average of ten minutes to get served, and you can only hear the person immediately next to you if they are shouting. The person two seats away might as well be miming for all you can hear of them.

Not very realistic but understandable, if they did it realistically then you (the audience) wouldn't be able to hear anything of the dialogue, just the crowd noise. It's sort of like how whenever they order a drink at at a bar they simply order by type ie beer, whiskey, bourbon, etc. but not by brand. as if the bar only serves on brand of any given kind of drink. This is obviously done because they can't name a drink by brand because they'd have to pay royalties or something otherwise so a beer is just a beer and not a Bud, Dos XX, Heiniken, etc.

And let me guess... they parked right in the VERY front of the building / bar despite the fire hydrant? ;)

This is obviously done because they can't name a drink by brand because they'd have to pay royalties or something otherwise so a beer is just a beer and not a Bud, Dos XX, Heiniken, etc.
Actually, it is the other way around. They do not use any brand names because they did not get paid to. The studios are not going to give them free advertising.

Actually, it is the other way around. They do not use any brand names because they did not get paid to. The studios are not going to give them free advertising.

I thought it was something like that, I just got it reversed but at the end of the day it's about money.

As for the cells, I know plenty of people who don't have lock screens on them.
I have a Galaxy 5 and it has a lock screen up front. I even wipe down the screen surface often so someone can't make out the path between the dots for the lock screen itself.
I like that idea of it taking a photo of someone inputting the wrong info into it, I'd never heard of that before!

Well, considering the fact that the app can (among a bucketload of other things) transmit GPS coordinates of the phone (which it does either upon request via a secret sms command sent from another phone, or via a PC with internet access and even if any non - authorised SIM card is inserted) it shouldn't be too hard to know the whereabouts of the potential thief.
I guess cops will be helpful if you show them a pic of the suspect and the current location of the phone.

EDIT: Completely derailed the topic now... better get back on track I guess
Valid points. :thumbsup

Obvious product placement.

It's not that I hate mention of a product, but when everyone on the Mindy project or parks and rec. are using windows phones and tablets, I roll my eyes

Last edited:
Obvious product placement.
One of the worst cases of product placement that I can recall was in Godzilla 1985. In one scene Steve Martin (Raymond Burr, reprising his role from Godzilla, King of the Monsters) is walking down a corridor in a military base somewhere with one of the officers. The corridor is so dimly lit that you can barely see the actors' faces, but at the end of the hallway there's a brightly-lit Dr. Pepper vending machine and the two actors are intentionally and obviously leaving enough space between them for the machine to be seen clearly. :facepalm

The Dark Knight and The Social Network did this pretty good, loud music, lower dialogue. On the no brand drink thing, you can ask for the "house special," the very cheapest version of whichever liquor you choose and the brand is almost never mentioned, but even that isnt used in the movies, they just bring whatever they want to serve lol

They did mention Budweiser and JD in star trek, so I guess they got some money off Jack Daniels, the Budweiser mention could have been for them letting them use their distillery for their engine room.

Filmmakers can't win when it comes to brand names/labels.

If they do a product placement then the audience groans about the cheap distraction.

If they keep it generic the audience chuckles about the unnatural sound of it.

If they refuse a product-placement check and just show a brand name to keep it realistic . . . the audience groans & assumes it's a product-placement check anyway.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back