ShaunDark80's Iron Man MKVII - Previously know as Roomiest Iron Man

Have just done a test fit;

File_002 (1).jpegFile_000.jpegFile_001 (1).jpeg

I either did an exceptional job with my measurements, or more likely completely fluked it on the first go, but the eye LED's are in the right position and the video goggles sit perfectly.

I did have to trim the headrest, which was a bit annoying, but overall I'm happy. Just the helmet audio system to sort now, and the major job or figuring where to put the camera.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet audio prototype:

Audio0.jpeg

Undecided if I want to stick with stereo, or add two more mics and speakers and go for surround sound..........

Spent the morning getting two arduino's talking over a Bluetooth link.

BluetoothTest.jpeg

Should mean that I can get suit status displayed in the helmet as well as triggering the faceplate servo when the repulsors power up etc...........

I might also build an external controller so that someone can trigger the music/servos/lights via remote, so the whole thing looks a bit more natural. But that's for much later on.

Well it has been an interesting few weeks. I'm now unemployed, but am not unhappy about it. But I no longer have access to a 3D printer, so the build is going to slow down considerably

Before I pack things away for the summer, I thought I'd finish off the electronics I was working on;

image.jpeg

The exposed board on the left is the completed helmet controller, now with a bluetooth module attached. Top left is the audio controller, top middle the hand repulsor controller, top right the chest light controller, bottom right the comms controller, and bottom left the external remote.

The plan is for everything to be connected to the comms controller, either by i2c, or in the case of the helmet and remote, by bluetooth. Once they're all coded, I'll share what all this connectivity is for.

The next thing I'm sorting is the helmet audio;

image.jpeg

The headphones are secured in place with small (but strong) magnets, and the mics are just push fit in the teeth for now. I still haven't figured out where to mount the camera yet, but this audio system is so damned good, I might not need it. With the volume cranked all the way up I can hear my fingers rubbing together at arms length - I'm talking Daredevil hearing!

That's all for the time being.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
No more progress as yet. Am swamped at work, and my efforts to save for a 3D printer keep being thwarted by my responsibilities as a parent..........

I see. That is completely understandable. I hope that things start to come together for you again soon. You've done lots of amazing work with this. I have just started putting my electronics together. Nothing nearly as fancy as yours but I am using your code to try and get a similar result. I will post stuff once I get something. Will you ever be uploading your 3d files again?

Thanks for all the great work!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back