Agent Carter

It was STRONGLY alluded to in the second-to-last episode of the season, during his flashback. He's reading a copy of........wait for it.........Doctor Faustus.

Actually, it was flat out confirmed in the last episode when they said that Ivchenko's name was Johann Fennhoff, which is Doctor Faustus' real name in the Marvel universe.

Having not seen the final episode yet, I did not know that. :) (But don't worry, I fully understand and accept the risks by coming into this thread pre-viewing.)

It was STRONGLY alluded to in the second-to-last episode of the season, during his flashback. He's reading a copy of........wait for it.........Doctor Faustus.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this show. I hope it comes back. I haven't seen the last episode of the season, but I'd really love to see how the SSR becomes SHIELD proper. I really dug the first season of Agents of Shield, and I'm hoping I'll dig the second when I can watch it from the start.
From the Wiki entry on Dr Faustus....

Fictional character biography
Johann Fennhoff was born in Vienna, Austria. He became a psychiatrist and criminal mastermind. He has proclaimed himself the "Master of Men's Minds," and is known for the use of psychological methods of combat. His plots typically involve manipulating his foes into positions where they will, essentially, kill themselves.

I am falling more and more in love with Hayley Atwell...

0Q0cSWF.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i was in love with her first. I was in love with her first. Where were you when she was in CA: TFA? I was there, man. I saw her first. She's mine. Back off, buddy.

You got no chance, buddy. You're from liberal peacenik California. I'm from rough-and-tumble Texas, or as I like to call it, "The United States's version of Australia."

Bring it.

:lol

You got no chance, buddy. You're from liberal peacenik California. I'm from rough-and-tumble Texas, or as I like to call it, "The United States's version of Australia."

Bring it.

:lol
A conservative in Texas? How unoriginal.
Try being conservative in California. That's what I am. I ain't no lib.

I got my toys, too. Here's a sampling.
(Yes, they're all mine and legal).

09D60FFF-299E-4C35-B1F8-35D5078EC1AF_zpsmx7dsdij.jpg

3B679AF5-ED14-4102-A2EE-653B613BDF4D_zpsavsnnd4g.jpg

02F491D4-906F-42B5-A024-1A2CED66F00C_zps6t2n9zcl.jpg

97DBFD61-2B76-4324-B0C8-096AAA0F5D93_zpsxsqet5o1.jpg

5358684A-59DF-4194-A3D8-F506D9D841F4_zpsink3pxcn.jpg

8721475C-C126-4091-B048-F3D138C83589_zpse5sk0p4k.jpg

Hats off you live in a free state.

But it the girl is mine.

your move.

This is all I need.

KnifeApplegateFairbairnBOKER9in.jpg

You can take "the girl."

Hayley Atwell is a woman, not a girl.

Therefore, by your own words, you do not get her.

Sorry, chum.

Guys, she's gonna go for me, because I've been off in the corner, silent, revealing to her no interest, not engaging, and trusting that a wonderful woman such as she will see past all the blowhards and peacocks and choose me.

Because that has always worked for me in the pas---- wait a minute.

crap.

If you fellows are quite done with the weapon measuring contest, can we get back to discussing the show?
Any news on renewal yet? I've been thinking that one way they could keep tying in to the MCU is to drop hints on backstory (like Faustus and the possible Winter Soldier connection) that add to, or expand on the modern day films coming out. That said, I'd rather they let it stand (mostly) on it's own feet like it has so far. There's just so much scope for post WWII into Cold War plots, the whole rounding up the last Nazis/Hydra, and how that leads into Leviathan... With what the writers have created so far, I'm optimistic that they could give us plenty more great stories.

If you fellows are quite done with the weapon measuring contest,
Never. "That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it."
I once lived in the Westmidlands for over a year in the '90s ... there are so many things I miss (the neighborhood pub, Father Ted, etc.) but all in all I'm glad to be back in the USA.
...can we get back to discussing the show?
Any news on renewal yet? I've been thinking that one way they could keep tying in to the MCU is to drop hints on backstory (like Faustus and the possible Winter Soldier connection) that add to, or expand on the modern day films coming out. That said, I'd rather they let it stand (mostly) on it's own feet like it has so far. There's just so much scope for post WWII into Cold War plots, the whole rounding up the last Nazis/Hydra, and how that leads into Leviathan... With what the writers have created so far, I'm optimistic that they could give us plenty more great stories.
Riding on such a strong leading actor this series has tremendous potential. Keep writing to the execs to get this show another run. Hayley is rallying for this so let's help her out.

http://agentcarter.net/give-abc-feedback-to-renew-agent-carter/

Last edited:
Read into it what you will, but I finally got around to watching the episode of "Castle" from a few days before the last episode of "Agent Carter". They had a commercial for it and they said "Season finale".

Read into it what you will, but I finally got around to watching the episode of "Castle" from a few days before the last episode of "Agent Carter". They had a commercial for it and they said "Season finale".

That just means that it's the last episode of a given season. They could decide to not bring it back again, like they did with Kyle XY (still steamed about that).

That just means that it's the last episode of a given season. They could decide to not bring it back again, like they did with Kyle XY (still steamed about that).
What I took from it is that the network is open to have another season. They did not say "series finally".

A lot of people have been hopeful because of that. If it were meant as a one-shot mini-series, I think they definitely would have said "series finale". The fact that they left it open with "season" means that they're open to the possibility of greenlighting another set.

From everything I've heard, the ratings for AC were very good, and given that ABC was willing to air it during February sweeps says that they were confident in the title, so as long as the money and timing is there, I'm fairly confident that we may see more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back