Agent Carter

Great series, much much more impressed by this than AoS. The
Zola
cameo at the end was a nice touch :thumbsup This season finale certainly had a series finale feel to it, not sure if that means no 2nd season. I wouldn't mind following this show for another short season so we could see SSR transition into SHIELD and some early conflicts with the remnants of HYDRA (before they knew it was HYDRA of course), but not sure it has enough legs to go beyond that. Ratings on this show are a tiny bit worse than AoS and that got renewed, solid chance ABC orders a 2nd season but they'll need to re-think their marketing, this show certainly deserves better viewership than AoS.

Great series, much much more impressed by this than AoS. The
Zola
cameo at the end was a nice touch :thumbsup This season finale certainly had a series finale feel to it, not sure if that means no 2nd season. I wouldn't mind following this show for another short season so we could see SSR transition into SHIELD and some early conflicts with the remnants of HYDRA (before they knew it was HYDRA of course), but not sure it has enough legs to go beyond that. Ratings on this show are a tiny bit worse than AoS and that got renewed, solid chance ABC orders a 2nd season but they'll need to re-think their marketing, this show certainly deserves better viewership than AoS.

My personal hope was that they would bring back the series a few times and each series jumps ahead through history. I'm not sure what if any storyline they might have during the 50's but the 60's would work, they could do SHIELD stuff with Stark and Pym, 70's would probably work too do some work with a young Nick Fury, Agent of Shield.

The Zola teaser would probably require the next season to say closer to the same era though.

I definitely want more. They way it's set up at the end is clearly teasing for possible season 2 adversaries. Peggy and Angie sharing a house/mansion together? That's a goldmine for fun, highjinks and Cartinelli shipping, especially as it seems to suggest Angie now knows what Peggy really does for a living.

Last edited:
I really liked it. I was surprised because I thought it might be boring. I really liked
when Dottie was interrogating Stark and even though she's a trained assassin/spy she still got ticked off that he didn't remember her name.
:lol

Yeah, I was really hoping to see more of that transition to SHIELD

That's really what I wanted, especially after the Peggy Carter short that started it all. I'd be much more interested in seeing Carter shape S.H.I.E.L.D. than I am seeing endless 1940s misogyny.

As great as this miniseries was, what exactly did it accomplish? To me it felt very disjointed to the rest of the MCU.
Does it really have to be 100% connected to/referencing the rest of the MCU? It works on its own, and has strong female characters as well as a nice visual period/noir style that sets it apart. I've not seen all of the rest of the MCU films, but I don't feel I need to in order to get maximum enjoyment out of Peggy's journey from overlooked/underused agent, to respected and valued mission lead.

As great as this miniseries was, what exactly did it accomplish? To me it felt very disjointed to the rest of the MCU.
The objective of every individual MCU property is to have its own independence first. The connection to other properties, while vital, is secondary. I'm happy that the show is so different than anything else. Guardians of the Galaxy is another example of a property that exists in a completely different genre and has minimal ties to the MCU (for now). I'm glad GotG didn't have an Iron Man flyby.

I had way too much fun watching this show. I would absolutely love to see more of this. The acting is top notch, the writing is amazing and by and large, the effects are great. Haley Atwell is amazing (I'm beyond jazzed she's coming to Emerald City Comicon this year), and Peggy's relationship with Jarvis is fantastic. I definitely want more of this show.

Turns out, ABC provides a way to give feedback on shows, so if you want them to bring Agent Carter back, it's time to start making some noise: http://agentcarter.net/give-abc-feedback-to-renew-agent-carter/

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, but I will admit I was a little disappointed at the ending. So all of this just boiled down to an old man and a girl setting up and doing this whole thing? I guess I was just expecting a little more.

But I really did like the show, so no real complaints. Would love to see more.

Who's to say that the show didn't tie in elsewhere? Remember that HYDRA had some serious brainwashing capabilities, making them able to take the most loyal SHIELD agents and subvert them to HYDRA's cause. It's quite possible that Zola and Ivchenko/Fennhoff/Faustus worked together to develop this technique. Faustus may have also had a hand in Bucky's brainwashing as well.

Who's to say that the show didn't tie in elsewhere? Remember that HYDRA had some serious brainwashing capabilities, making them able to take the most loyal SHIELD agents and subvert them to HYDRA's cause. It's quite possible that Zola and Ivchenko/Fennhoff/Faustus worked together to develop this technique. Faustus may have also had a hand in Bucky's brainwashing as well.
Wait... did I miss that Ivchenko was Faustus?

Wait... did I miss that Ivchenko was Faustus?

It was STRONGLY alluded to in the second-to-last episode of the season, during his flashback. He's reading a copy of........wait for it.........Doctor Faustus.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this show. I hope it comes back. I haven't seen the last episode of the season, but I'd really love to see how the SSR becomes SHIELD proper. I really dug the first season of Agents of Shield, and I'm hoping I'll dig the second when I can watch it from the start.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back