Agent Carter

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
They are currently looking for a writer, and it hasn't been confirmed if Atwell will reprise her role or not. I think its prety cool that ABC is putting a lot of faith into Marvel.

A Marvel action series with a female lead would fit right into ABC’s wheelhouse of female-skewing dramas with a strong lead and would be a throwback to such network series as Alias.

Source: Marvel Developing 'Agent Carter' TV Series - Deadline.com

Re: Marvel Developing ‘Agent Carter’ TV Series

Another source (The Playlist) says she'll be reprising her role, after Deadline broke the news.
New Report Claims That Hayley Atwell WILL Return In Planned AGENT CARTER TV Series

I don't mind seeing a female lead in Marvel live action content, but I don't see how they can make enough interesting content around Carter for several seasons on the air. IMHO they should just do a mini-series.

I also was never a huge fan of Agent Carter in TFA, so obviously this show concept isn't geared towards me. I'll reserve final judgment until I see her One Shot on the IM3 home release.

Also a bit rare to see it a long running period piece.

Definitely would watch.

I was very impressed with the One Shot on IM3.
I agree a mini-series may be better, and it would be familiar for her. She did a period spy drama last year. It was screened as a 3 parter in the UK.

I like the suggestion I'd read somewhere else, that they do one or two 'flashback' episodes during the seasons of 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'. It'd give them the opportunity to test some waters & expand the mythology of the universe, without trying to keep interest & ratings for a regular series. I think a few episodes with Carter, Dum Dum Dugan, & some of the other Commandos would be a great 'sweeps' tactic. They could even fill in some back story for Winter Soldier without weighing down the movie with alot of exposition.

Just watched Agent Carter on the Iron Man 3 bluray. I for one would definitely be up for this as a series, but I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as popular with the mainstream as Shield.

Make sure to watch till the end credits of Agent Carter! Lol

I agree with not enough content, but it would be nice to see a mini-series or movie of her own. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Howard Stark more in MCU.

I just saw the Carter short last night, easily the best of the shorts they've made thus far but I'm still not convinced this is a full-blown TV series.

The flashback episode idea makes a lot more sense here, especially if they can get Cooper back for a few episodes as Papa Stark. Hell throw in McDonough as Dum Dum as well, that last part in the short was worth a chuckle. They can show how they got SHIELD started which can tie in nicely with the show.

With Dum Dum or nothing. Just watched the one shot. I'd watch a show on Agent Carter. I always liked this time period that it would be set in.

Well ABC is owned by Disney, so It's probably not that big of a risk for them since they can put any spinoff show they want on there and bump other programming for it.

I agree a long term series is going to be hard. Although I do think she is an interesting enough character to be successful on her own. I am just wondering a bit out loud on this one so tell me what you think. Is it possible TV is setting us up for shorter more compact series. I am a fan of Sleepy Hollow but I can't honestly see it going on for 4 or 5 years. The monster of the week will get old in a hurry. Same thing with MAoS, Agent Carter etc. So are they start to do like cable ie; Deadwood and Rome. Run a great show for a few years and cut it short before interest diminishes or it gets to expensive to produce. Just a thought.

"Agent Carter" To Fill "S.H.I.E.L.D." Gap | News | Dark Horizons

One series that's still officially undetermined is "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." which premiered to a strong 12.12 million viewers, but has since plummeted to 5.37 million for the most recent episode.
Now, Deadline reports that ABC is looking likely to give it a second season. More interesting though is how they might air it.
The report indicates the network is also considering a pickup for Marvel's "Agent Carter" limited series which would see Hayley Atwell reprising her role as Peggy Carter from the "Captain America" films.
One potential plan would be to split the second season of "S.H.I.E.L.D." into two halves - one for this Fall, one for next spring. Then the shorter run (likely 13 episode) "Agent Carter" series would "serve as a bridge", taking over the timeslot and filling in the gap between the two halves.
There's also creative possibilities here, the pair of shows could play with each other - setting up story elements in the early days of the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization in 'Carter' that would pay off in a post-"Winter Soldier" era "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

So the second series that the Marvel Movie Universe is going to be producing will be about Agent Carter. DC is going to have about four series on at the same time with Constantine, Flash, Arrow and Gotham. Hey, don't you guys have Wonder Woman, or Catwoman, or any of those other female characters that could hold their own show? Marvel is giving a whole freaking series to a character who I thought was just a tacked on love interest character from the first Captain America movie, and you guys are only giving your guys leading shows when we could have AMAZON!

I think this has a lot of possibilities. Being the father of a daughter I am glad that she will hopefully have an I can kick your ass female hero to look up to.

Would a young Nick Fury be able to make a cameo in this show? He was more spy than military back then wasn't he?

Makes me wan't a Nicky Fury spinoff in the 60's like First Class. I could see Nick Fury with a classic James Bond vibe.

Would a young Nick Fury be able to make a cameo in this show? He was more spy than military back then wasn't he?

Makes me wan't a Nicky Fury spinoff in the 60's like First Class. I could see Nick Fury with a classic James Bond vibe.

Nick Fury: Black Dynamite! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back