Rudolph puppet restoration

Very tasteful, indeed.

I'm VERY glad to see the original puppets are still in good enough shape to be restored, and that the current owner had the good sense to see to it that these valuable pieces of TV history were given the proper respect they deserve.

Now..they can send them to me next Christmas as a nice gift in exchange for my kind words. :lol:

ps. Thanks for the link.

I loved all those old Rankin Bass Animated specials, Its great to see that some of the props have survived. Usually these things were destroyed after production.
Amazing that one guy ended up with rudolph ANd santa.

Spectacular job those folks did. That's what happens when having a puppet maker fix a puppet.

Unlike a doll maker fixing a puppet like Hoggle.

Whoever had these restored went to the right people for the job. You don't call a pumber to make a pizza, and you don't call a chef to fix your pipes.

This is the one Christmas Special I make sure my family watches each year and I am so glad there are people who care enough to take the time to preserve these wonderful treasures.

Yep, these puppets were on display in Atlanta recently and I missed them unfortunately. :( Rudolph will always be my favorite Christmas children's classic.

Dave :)

Very cool item. Being a BIG R/B fan, I'd always wanted one of those puppets. :)

I bought a book on the R/B Studio by Rick Goldschmidt several years back and he mentioned Donner being one of the only surviving puppets from the Rudolph special. He mentioned also about it's poor shape due to it being played with and poorly handled. I think even if I were a kid and had one of those, I would not have used it like a play toy. :unsure Glad to see these getting the care and restoration they deserve.

It's a shame they weren't better cared for to begin with.

B89. :D

Have no clue what it's from, but that restoration job is superb and the approach - only to replace what was unsalvageable - is the way to go and highly commendable. Anyone got a picture from the original show for comparison?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Jan 15 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]1397693[/snapback]</div>
Have no clue what it's from, but that restoration job is superb and the approach - only to replace what was unsalvageable - is the way to go and highly commendable. Anyone got a picture from the original show for comparison?
[/b]

you have NO idea where these are from??? :unsure

huh? :confused

a reigndeer with a red glowing nose, and a fat guy in a red suit, white beard...

nothin? :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back