Skyrim Daedric Armor - Foam Build (COMPLETE! Pic Heavy)

Re: Skyrim Daedric Armor - first time foam build (WIP pic heavy)

More pics coming soon. Meanwhile, here is an in-progress pic of a foam daedric war axe I'm working on.

daedric_war_axe_foam.jpg

Here's some more pics of the details I added to the axe. It is now ready for sealing and painting.
daedric_axe_detail.jpgdaedric_axe_detail2.jpgdaedric_axe_detail_closeup.jpg

I also took some step-by-step pics of how I do some of the details using a scotch tape trick I came up with:
foam_detail_guide_1.jpgfoam_detail_guide_2.jpgfoam_detail_guide_3.jpgfoam_detail_guide_4.jpgfoam_detail_guide_5.jpg

I put scotch tape over a part that I want to add some raised detail to, then sketch over it with a sharpie. I then peel the scotch tape and transfer it to another piece of foam. After cutting out the piece, it can be traced again to create a mirrored version for the other side (if needed). I then glue the piece and do any sanding/detailing required.

In this example, the bottom of the pommel and the strip I added are supposed to look like a single piece of metal, so I sanded the edge between them smooth. Once sealed and painted, it should look like one piece.

Hope this helps someone! :D

Someone else asked that earlier at the top of page 4. I posted the info with a link. Its an acrylic medium glass bead gel. :)

I was referring to the rough look on the helmet etc.... the non smooth parts of the armor. did you use a dremel on the foam to get that rough look?

I was referring to the rough look on the helmet etc.... the non smooth parts of the armor. did you use a dremel on the foam to get that rough look?

You're talking about the texture on the horns right?

Like I said, It's a clear gel that has tiny glass beads in it. You mix paint into it to give it color and brush it on (see my post above with photo of me brushing it on). It gives a rough sandpaper-like effect. I love to use the stuff!

Top part is now complete and put together, here are some photos. Sorry about the glare, its super shiny! :)

daedric_armor_complete1.jpgdaedric_armor_complete2.jpgdaedric_armor_complete3.jpgdaedric_armor_complete4.jpgdaedric_armor_complete5.jpgdaedric_armor_complete6.jpgdaedric_armor_complete7.jpgdaedric_armor_complete8.jpg

*twitch*

Yeah, that's a bit fabulous. Quite, quite fabulous.

Holy crap, that's an intimidating first build, but you're really hitting it out of the park. Amazing job.

incredible work! For a first timer with foam you make it look like you have been doing it for years!

Looks absolutely phenomenal man!

I don't know if I'm more excited to see this 100% complete or to see what you get started on next. Keep up the great work!

Currently working on attaching the straps to the leg plates, will have pics of the whole costume soon.

Meanwhile, here is the completed Daedric War Axe:
20130928_103615 (Medium).jpg
20130928_103626 (Medium).jpg
20130928_103633 (Medium).jpg
20130927_231406 (Medium).jpg
20130927_231354 (Medium).jpg
Daedric_War_Axe_6.jpg

Did some test fit shots of the whole armor:

Attachments

• daedric_armor_back.jpg
    daedric_armor_back.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 222
  • daedric_armor_back2.jpg
    daedric_armor_back2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 226
  • daedric_armor_front1.jpg
    daedric_armor_front1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 850
  • daedric_armor_front2.jpg
    daedric_armor_front2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 263
  • daedric_armor_front3.jpg
    daedric_armor_front3.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 448
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back