Skyrim Daedric Armor - Foam Build (COMPLETE! Pic Heavy)

Re: Skyrim Daedric Armor - first time foam build

Some more progress photos. Added some details to the shoulder pads and boots. I used metal washers to reinforce the joints where the shoulders are going to attach to the body with Chicago screws.

20130818_110848 (Large).jpg20130818_151653 (Large).jpg20130819_075528 (Large).jpg20130819_075511 (Large).jpg20130819_075616 (Large).jpg

20130819_075725 (Large).jpg20130819_075745 (Large).jpg20130819_075731 (Large).jpg20130819_075737 (Large).jpg

I kinda like the current color scheme, even though when painted its going to be reversed. :)

Re: Skyrim Daedric Armor - first time foam build (WIP pic heavy)

Some more progress shots. Final detailing prior to sealing the foam.

20130822_092110.jpg20130822_092144.jpg20130822_092207.jpg20130822_092344.jpg20130822_092417.jpg20130822_092429.jpg

Did a base layer of black on the helmet prior to painting and texturing

daedric_helmet_primer.jpg

Last edited:

Hahahahaha that is genius use of a hot glue gun! well played sir!

Re: Skyrim Daedric Armor - first time foam build

IMG_0797.JPGThe Otakon Deadric armor is from Daniel Bae. I helped him some with his cosplay.

Nice work! I saw a pep/fiberglassed daedric armor at Otakon last weekend so I am excited to see how this foam one turns out. Do you just use mod podge straight or do you dilute it with anything? I have never worked with that stuff before so I don't know how it feels.

Another update! Textured and painted the helmet today. I still need to do some weathering on the metal plates, but so far looks good. The texture on the horns came out just as I wanted.

daedric_helmet_painted1.jpgdaedric_helmet_painted2.jpgdaedric_helmet_painted3.jpgdaedric_helmet_painted4.jpg

texture closeup:
helmet_Texture.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks! Hopefully I'm at a point where there should be many updates coming, planning to make good progress this week.

Time for another photo-dump from yesterday.

Added some aged metal look to the helmet, came out pretty good for my first time :D. also gave it a few coats of gloss varnish:

daedric_helmet_aging.jpgdaedric_helmet_aging1.jpgdaedric_helmet_aging2.jpgdaedric_helmet_aging3.jpg

Made the fingers for the gauntlets. I used a heat gun to shape the pieces, then 3 layers of sealer, layer of black then gunmetal paint for aged metal look, and finally 2 layers of acrylic varnish. Worst part was hot gluing the armor to the gloves, since I had to have my hand in the glove while pressing the piece with hot glue to it. :cry

daedric_gauntlet_fingers_wip0.jpgdaedric_gauntlet_fingers_wip.jpgdaedric_gauntlet_fingers_wip2.jpgdaedric_gauntlet_fingers0.jpgdaedric_gauntlet_fingers1.jpg

Finally I painted some of the other pieces black as a primer layer.

daedric_armour_primer1.jpgdaedric_armour_primer2.jpg

Great job!!!
You are giving me the last push to start on the Halloween costumes for my kids.
Since is your first,you mention a lot of details that others don't even pay attention to explain because they did it before many times.
Thanks and keep the good work.

Great job!!!
You are giving me the last push to start on the Halloween costumes for my kids.
Since is your first,you mention a lot of details that others don't even pay attention to explain because they did it before many times.
Thanks and keep the good work.

Thank you, and that's awesome! Never too early to start!

I am hoping I can help others by showing as much detail as possible.

Yeah, loving it! I'm tempted to do some daedric pieces myself, but sizing is an issue! Pity, it's sexy, sexy armour, particularly your build :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back