STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

....and now we all know why all the Imperial Officers are walking around with code cylinders in their jacket pockets! Nice to see something that has been common in so many movies and TV shows finally put to use. Plus it was pretty central to the plot!

While watching the episode, I was questioning if that was the first time we'd seen the code cylinders used. I'm not a big consumer of EU material, so I didn't know if their purpose had been defined elsewhere. Was a nice small touch (although the cylinder seems like a really insecure way of confirming the identity of the holder of the cylinder).

Heh. Ok, that was funny:

317-trivia-05_4f29b6f2.jpg

Episode Guide said:
Trophies in Grand Admiral Thrawn’s collection include the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Hera’s kalikori, an ornate old lightsaber, pan pipes, a clone commander helmet, a bust of an Abednedo alien, and a pair of lizard statues that resemble the ysalamiri of legends storytelling.

317-trivia-05_4f29b6f2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dantooine ! Awesome. Now we can see what the base looked like before they cleared out. Leia was telling the truth... from a certain point of view.

yes! i like how they made that connection with leia. if the imperials went to dantoonie, they would see the abandon bases and it would have looked like she was telling the truth. very sneaky princess!! lol love it!

Woot!!

I'm not sure how long it takes for them to do an episode, but you'd think the parent company would want you to have enough time to wrap it up if they were going to cancel it.

i was working late last night when a friend texted me he saw this on IGN.com. great news!!! i was so afraid this season was going to be the last, sabine staying with her family. maul.. well we dont know mauls fate but i can imagine.... kanan blind... thrawn practically knowing where the rebel base is...a huge war on the horizon... filoni leaving to do another project... i feared we weren't going to get a season 4. so glad we get another one!

seriously cant wait for the celebration live stream so i can watch the sneak peak of season 4!!

i was working late last night when a friend texted me he saw this on IGN.com. great news!!! i was so afraid this season was going to be the last, sabine staying with her family. maul.. well we dont know mauls fate but i can imagine.... kanan blind... thrawn practically knowing where the rebel base is...a huge war on the horizon... filoni leaving to do another project... i feared we weren't going to get a season 4. so glad we get another one!

seriously cant wait for the celebration live stream so i can watch the sneak peak of season 4!!

I'd be really surprised if they do a season without knowing it would be the last and announcing it.

Clone Wars was an unusual circumstance but Disney is highly vested in Star Wars and its properties. I would have to believe that Disney knew a while ago that Season 4 was going to happen. Now I am sure speculation will start about season 4 will be the last. If it is to be the last, I think we will be told prior to the start of the season.

Saw Secret Cargo, Thought it was a great and pivotal episode. Not just for the series but for overall saga. I think this episode is a lot of what fans envisioned when they first heard there was going to be a rebels series.

It has familiar rebel elements such as Y-Wings, A New Hope flight suits and helmets. Gold Leader, Mon Mothma, Dantoonie, etc..

And can you image telling a fan 3 years ago that you are going to also see Thrawn and the TIE Defender in this series? Prepare to geek out.

Three episodes left this season:

S3, Ep18
11 Mar. 2017
Double Agent Droid
Chopper and AP-5 infiltrate an Imperial station in order to steal some necessary codes, when thing go array for the two droids and the crew of the Ghost.

S3, Ep19
18 Mar. 2017
Twin Sun
(no description but this is the Obi/Maul episode)

S3, Ep20
25 Mar. 2017
Zero Hour
Phoenix Squadron makes final preparations for an attack on Lothal, but their plans are destroyed when Grand Admiral Thrawn discovers their whereabouts. The rebels are trapped on Atollon and Hera and Kanan fight for the survival of the relay while Ezra tries to get help from an unknown source.

The TIE DEFENDER makes it's debut!!!

...wait, what?

Vult Skerris: Attention Rebel Ship, this is Commander Vult Skerris of the Imperial Navy. You are harboring a traitor to the Empire. Surrender immediately.​

Um... They're Rebels. They're all traitors to the Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back