STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

She was a traitor because she choose to serve the Empire in the senate but then switched allegiances. Hera never choose to serve the empire or had any connection of service. She is simply a rebel. That's most likely how they are using the word here.

View image on Twitter
C6B8GygVAAAYrrO.jpg

Follow

n87355540052_3033_bigger.jpgDave Filoni
✔@dave_filoni

Very excited to announce Season 4 of #StarWarsRebels! Thank you fans for your support,& crew for your hard work. Time to feed the #Lothcats.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was a traitor because she choose to serve the Empire in the senate but then switched allegiances. Hera never choose to serve the empire or had any connection of service. She is simply a rebel. That's most likely how they are using the word here.

Why would the Rebels allow someone who isn't a rebel be leader of their Rebel Alliance?

Why would the Rebels allow someone who isn't a rebel be leader of their Rebel Alliance?

dont forget, the "delegation of 2000". this was the political action committee padme formed to try and get back control of the republic. Mon montha, and bail organa were both key players in that committee.

montha practically committed suicide in this episode, she's risked everything now. in my eyes after seeing this woman sacrifice absolutely everything, including her safety. and then hearing from organa how she is a veteran who has been fighting for the republic since the clone wars. i would support her

at least this is how im understanding it as of right now

dont forget, the "delegation of 2000". this was the political action committee padme formed to try and get back control of the republic. Mon montha, and bail organa were both key players in that committee.

This information is based solely on material deleted from the final cut of the film. I move that it be stricken. We should only deal with information that was presented in the actual body of the finished product.

montha practically committed suicide in this episode, she's risked everything now. in my eyes after seeing this woman sacrifice absolutely everything, including her safety. and then hearing from organa how she is a veteran who has been fighting for the republic since the clone wars. i would support her

Again, how does that make her a rebel?

This information is based solely on material deleted from the final cut of the film. I move that it be stricken. We should only deal with information that was presented in the actual body of the finished product.

Again, how does that make her a rebel?

she's rejecting her government and wants to fight against it? she is a defecting senator, just like Kallus, if Kallus defects i imagine he would be some kind of advisor instantly with in the rebels. i dont see a problem with this? maybe im missing something?

if you wont count the delegation of 2000, then lets count what we have seen so far. she's a senator, a huge political figure. sure there are many other senators in the rebels, but not one of them has gone out over the holonet and told the emperor off... she has committed political suicide, and now has every bounty hunter in the galaxy looking for her. All the other senators involved with the rebels didnt have the stones to go out and voice their thoughts about the empire.

heck in R1 i think one even mentions they need to hurry up in fear of getting caught. it practically comes down to this

mon montha is the only one with a set of balls, i vote for her to be leader of the alliance, do i have a second?

Also, I seem to recall Darth Vader referring to the Rebels as traitors.

Darth Vader: If the rebels have left, then we must draw them back, and if they are here, we must draw them out. We will squeeze Lothal, until someone reveals the whereabouts of these traitors.​

So, what is it than? Are the Rebels traitors? How does this make Mon Mothma a rebel? Did the Empire not care about the Rebels until a rogue senator chose to board one of their ships? Are the Rebels even fighting the Empire? Maybe there isn't a rebellion.

Darth Vader: If the rebels have left, then we must draw them back, and if they are here, we must draw them out. We will squeeze Lothal, until someone reveals the whereabouts of these traitors.​

So, what is it than? Are the Rebels traitors? How does this make Mon Mothma a rebel? Did the Empire not care about the Rebels until a rogue senator chose to board one of their ships? Are the Rebels even fighting the Empire? Maybe there isn't a rebellion.

I think you're over complicating things just for the sake of this discussion :lol

Why don't you just google the definition Rebel and if you don't believe that describes Mon Montha, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think you're over complicating things just for the sake of this discussion :lol

I just thought it was a dumb moment when Vult needed to explain to the Rebels that they're harboring Mon Mothma and that they should surrender. Rebels, traitors, they're ALL ENEMIES of the Empire. It's like a cop wanting to arrest a bank robber in the middle of a robbery because he stole a mask from a store across the street.

It's poor writing, don't over think it. Just saying whatever sounds cool.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

All I have to say is that was an awesome episode, so much coolness in it. I loved seeing the ion cannons on the Y-Wings acknowledged and used in canon, that was a long time coming. I also really liked the way those 2 Star Destroyers looked sitting there next to the nebula, that has to be one of my favorite shot of a Star Destroyer to date, and they way they looked after they got hit by the exploding nebula was really cool too, I think that the animators did a little extra for this episode and it shows.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back