STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

They weren't the idea behind hyperspace travel, they were, supposedly according to the stories/myths/legends, the reason why the Twi'leks went into space and travel amongst the stars. In other words, they were the reason why the Twi'leks developed space travel but not necessarily hyperspace travel.

Ok, I just watched the Recon and saw where Filoni mentions the idea that the purgil might have been the original inspiration for hyperspace travel. However, it's never mentioned on screen and even Filoni himself doesn't say that the purgil are absolutely the original inspiration behind hyperspace travel, just that they might be and it was an idea of his.

While on the subject of the Recon, what was said about the TIEs being horrible fighter because they were unstable is completely false. In fact, instability is something that you want in a fighter, it means that it's more maneuverable. All modern US fighters are inherently unstable, it's only thanks to computers and fly-by-wire control systems can you fly them at all; if you were to take out the flight control systems in, say, and F-22, you'd never be able to fly it at all, at least not in anything remotely resembling a straight line because the computer is making constant, minute adjustments to the trim settings to keep it steady. So a TIE that's unstable would be a fantastic fighter because it would be nimble, and be able to turn on a dime, this is, of course, so long as the flight control system compensates for the instability so that you're not constantly fighting the controls trying to keep it flying the way you want it to.

dude.... The whales jumpe into lightspeed on screen... Enough I give up

I actually liked this one quite a bit.
The only thing that bugged me were the tie fighters. Seriously. Is there a budget behind this show?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

in space once you're moving you can completely turn off your engines and you'll still keep on going and never slow down.This is something they get wrong in sci-fi a lot, not just Rebels.

You need to make constant course adjustments via the navi-computer, slow down, come to a stop. Therefore you need to use the engines to do so. Plus, there is a lot of ship maneuvering in the films and shows. Fuel for engines still seem to be pretty important.

I actually liked this one quite a bit.
The only thing that bugged me were the tie fighters. Seriously. Is there a budget behind this show?

Yeah filoni is always mentioning about how much the Jedi robes cost to animate. He said that's why in the season 2 trailer Anikan isn't wearing robes. I wish I knew what went into the animation to understand it more. I am guessing it takes allot more time, and time is money?

Yeah filoni is always mentioning about how much the Jedi robes cost to animate. He said that's why in the season 2 trailer Anikan isn't wearing robes. I wish I knew what went into the animation to understand it more. I am guessing it takes allot more time, and time is money?

One thing I wish they could do would be to do is wear different clothing and/or do things like remove items like holsters, armor, etc. But I know that in an animated show like that, it comes to...as you said.. time and money.

One thing I wish they could do would be to do is wear different clothing and/or do things like remove items like holsters, armor, etc. But I know that in an animated show like that, it comes to...as you said.. time and money.

i do like how they cloths has been modified through the seasons, Ezra now has a holster for his saber. And I think he's wearing a brown knee pad on his left leg, never noticed that before. Kanan has the Vader slash on his solder, and Sabine gets new paint. I like even the little touches to agent kallus

i really really hope to see obiwan one day but what's obiwan without his robes!? :(

hell, I can do it myself in softimage. If I take enough time, I could probably almost make it passable. But I would do it all in shape animation. I have no idea how the pro's do it..so maybe it is far tougher.

Some here forget in Star Wars, Han mentions to Luke & Ben "We're fueled up so if you get on board..." "FUEL" has always been part of the SW verse.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Doesn't han mention having enough fuel to get to the "lando" system in esb?

No. Here is what is said...

HAN
Then we've got to find a safe
port somewhere around here. Got
any ideas?

LEIA
No. Where are we?

HAN
The Anoat system.

LEIA
Anoat system. There's not much
there.

HAN
No. Well, wait. This is
interesting. Lando.

He points to a computer mapscreen on the control panel. Leia slips out
of her chair and moves next to the handsome pilot. Small light points
representing several systems flash by on the computer screen.

LEIA
Lando system?

HAN
Lando's not a system, he's a man.
Lando Calrissian. He's a card
player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd
like him.

LEIA
Thanks.

HAN
Bespin. It's pretty far, but I
think we can make it.

LEIA
(reading from the
computer)
A mining colony?

HAN
Yeah, a Tibanna gas mine. Lando
conned somebody out of it. We go back a long way, Lando and me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also...

Some here forget in Star Wars, Han mentions to Luke & Ben "We're fueled up so if you get on board..." "FUEL" has always been part of the SW verse.

Nope. His line is "Now... we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board, we'll get outta here." But the Falcon in the docking bay and the fighters at the Yavin base all are visible with something resembling fuel lines attached -- and during the preparation to launch against the Death Star, some time is taken showing them being disconnected. So there's that...

--Jonah

even star trek had a creature that lived in space...actually, two sets of creatures that lived in space that looked like giant floating foreheads...and one sucked energy..

If you look at all the stuff in our oceans that looks dumb, why are space whales so bad?

even star trek had a creature that lived in space...actually, two sets of creatures that lived in space that looked like giant floating foreheads...and one sucked energy..

If you look at all the stuff in our oceans that looks dumb, why are space whales so bad?

yeah I had no problem with the space whales. I thought it was cool using concept art again. I liked them needing the gas to survive. just wasn't feeling the animals jumping to light speed. but I'll learn to live with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could go into all the reasons of why I hated them, but I'd like to avoid the "It's a kids show! Cool your jets!" comments that will inevitably come from it.

dude.... The whales jumpe into lightspeed on screen... Enough I give up

That they do, but they never say that they were the inspiration behind the hyperdrive, the only thing that they are credited for onscreen is the possibility that they inspired the Twi'leks to go into space, maybe others too, but I got the impression that Hera was referring to Twi'leks specifically.

maybe hyperspace is something that is ALWAYS there....and it takes the invention of a drive to reach that realm.

maybe the space whales can access the lanes naturally, or use the gas as a kind of running fuel?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back