STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Love the latest clip of the upcoming episode. I really want to know more about Kanan and Hera's relationship. There are the instances and flirtations that suggest that there is something there. However it is hard to determine if it is simply just flirting or if there is a deeper relationship that is being kept from the audience. The latest clip suggests that maybe it's not just the audience in the dark but maybe the Ghost crew as well.

Certainly New Dawn set up a possible romantic relationship between them and the Rebels production team have hinted at it from time to time.

The show is airing on Disney XD. What are they expecting, Debbie Does Dagobah? :facepalm
It omes from the fact that star wars has always been directed to everyone.

And it also comes from the fact that when this was announced, it was claimed to be a natural follow-up to the clone wars.

And even with Dave feloni, it is definitely not a natural follow up.

I'm also going to point out that it's possible to be directed at kids AND be well written. Transformers Prime was really well written. So was g.i. joe:renagades. But to me, they've taken "directed at kids" to mean "dumbed down".

Harry potter is directed at kids and it doesn't have anything as bad as chopper.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

And it also comes from the fact that when this was announced, it was claimed to be a natural follow-up to the clone wars.

I'm also going to point out that it's possible to be directed at kids AND be well written. Transformers Prime was really well written. So was g.i. joe:renagades. But to me, they've taken "directed at kids" to mean "dumbed down".

Harry potter is directed at kids and it doesn't have anything as bad as chopper.

latest

I have the same problem with nicks ninja turtles. It's TOO dumbed down.
Even the original series had a set series of rules and plot that it followed to give it some set of augmented realism. this new nick show, not so much. it doesn't know what it wants to be, and when it does comedy, it does dumb comedy like fart jokes.

At least season 4 seems to have one set direction...the first one so far.

The problem with Rebels is it just falls flat most of the time for me. I have no desire to watch older episodes, minus one or two. It feels more like it's directed to 5 year olds at times.
I expected something.....more..after the fun that clone wars was.

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVED those episodes. it showed something a bit different. and a rather unique alien species...

When Han saw the Minoks on an asteroid, noone batted an eye that these things could live in space, then that giant slug tried to eat the falcon, it was in space.

There are creatures on earth that live 7 miles under the ocean with pressure that crush all but the strongest submersibles.

And there are other life forms in the sea that live in thermal vents where the temperature would burn a human to death in seconds.

Space whales in star wars is not a hard concept to believe in.

Hell the fact that sound caries in star wars space might indicate their space is not even a vacuum.

When Han saw the Minoks on an asteroid, noone batted an eye that these things could live in space, then that giant slug tried to eat the falcon, it was in space.

There are creatures on earth that live 7 miles under the ocean with pressure that crush all but the strongest submersibles.

And there are other life forms in the sea that live in thermal vents where the temperature would burn a human to death in seconds.

Space whales in star wars is not a hard concept to believe in.

Hell the fact that sound caries in star wars space might indicate their space is not even a vacuum.

I don't have a problem with space whales, my gripe was then jumping to light speed but I already forgot about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I know. But, really, only the movies and EU novels were accessible to people of all ages. The various animated features have, for the most part, been targeted towards younger audiences. Even the second Clone Wars series started out being more "kid friendly, but adults can watch too"; it only really evolved into more mature themes after the first two or three seasons.

And these days Disney's involvement almost assures it would be targeted for younger audiences. Uncle Walt worked hard to produce movies and television that the whole family could enjoy, but the corporation lost it's way for several years after he died, and came out the other side playing it safe. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it explains why the stories for Rebels are comparatively simple--they're intended to be fun, light entertainment; Disney is leaving the "heavier" stuff for the theatrical movies.

Love the latest clip of the upcoming episode. I really want to know more about Kanan and Hera's relationship. There are the instances and flirtations that suggest that there is something there. However it is hard to determine if it is simply just flirting or if there is a deeper relationship that is being kept from the audience. The latest clip suggests that maybe it's not just the audience in the dark but maybe the Ghost crew as well.

I think the Rebels: The Force Awakens image made it pretty clear
12370945_10153712886510053_4404712540152865512_o.jpg

her father seems like a jerk... do you think she's the little girl the 2 clones saved?
No but you do see her in CW when Mace & Anikin try to have him join the Republic. She runs up to him and he picks her up. Same coloring on the head tails.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

No but you do see her in CW when Mace & Anikin try to have him join the Republic. She runs up to him and he picks her up. Same coloring on the head tails.

aaaah very cool! i didnt pick up on that

aaaah very cool! i didnt pick up on that

cham-syndulla01.png

As as far as I have been able to find, that it is simply fan speculation as to whether or not it is Hera. I have found no statement or other official indication as of yet. Maybe once the episode airs, LFL might be forthcoming about this.

According to Pablo Hildago it was/is her. He said it during an interview at SW Celebrations.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back