C3P0 Build Thread

KrangPrime

Master Member
Figured it'd be time to start one. I WAS going to hold off until September, but the head looks so simple to do...

c3p0 build - a set on Flickr

just like with my little R2...Inspiration for the next Build has arrived. I was kind of hoping to find one in scale with my small R2, but I'll take cool over in scale as well..

8747091397_cdde869920_c.jpg

Will start head construction next month.

Last edited:
10258691504_aa7d6e31e7_c.jpg

If he comes back next year, I hope to have a finished head and torso done :). but he tried it on for size he was so enamored with it!

1391977_10151923475805211_835998274_n.jpg

Progress! Working on 3P0 is messy business... going to need a full face mask next time..

But he finally fits together with no foul ups. a bit of touching up, then I can attach his 'ears' and the other greeblies.
1379251_10151923461765211_891134348_n.jpg

Now, here is a question. When you send him off to get golden, do you keep his face fully in tact, or do you send them in pieces? Might be easier to send it off to get golden now, and assemble it when it comes back?

Also, where does one send it off so it gets done by the same CA company that did the movies? I'm told the price is around $500 for as many pieces as you can fit in the oven....But I'm curious as to wait time for completion..

the one in the first photo? From SideShow..All metal heavy weight threepio... abit expensive, but worth it!

His neck bolts are on... even with someone holding the head, it shifted slightly..Be very careful drilling these.
hope to have his head completed by tommorow. Just some fine tuning needed to be carefully done before getting the eyes in.
1381658_10151950618390211_2085874267_n.jpg

Cool project. I did some chroming for 3po heads for forum members a few years back. Damn nightmare to do but they looked awesome.

Always wanted a complete lifesize but couldnt really motivate myself as its such a huge task. I'm still on the lookout for one of the DP statues - still love them.

Cheers

Jez

Cool project. I did some chroming for 3po heads for forum members a few years back. Damn nightmare to do but they looked awesome.

Always wanted a complete lifesize but couldnt really motivate myself as its such a huge task. I'm still on the lookout for one of the DP statues - still love them.

Cheers

Jez

If I had money, I'd have bought the life sized statues ;o)...... but in this case, I want a walking threepio to go with my R2.

Arms/Hands bought. Legs coming soon. My Threepio Shorts have shipped, yay! I think I'm going to send in the head, shorts and feet soon for chroming. just have to wait for my brass eyes to get here.

1522292_10152125239095211_1475459429_n.jpg

some minor dremel work done today. I need a new sturdy dremel cutter though because i'm wearing away this 're-inforced' one.

I'm also not quite sure how much your supposed to chip away on these parts. I'm assuming for the feet, the foot is supposed to be evened out at the top... and for the waist, it's everything to the outer edge....but figured i'd post pictures just to be on the safe side :)

I want to have these golden and wearable by the time February ends :)

in other news, I moved up 5 spots on the part list. I'm now in waiting slot 4. if I'm REALLY lucky, maybe i'll have everything in hand by May.

I've trimmed all of the 3P0 parts I felt comfortable trimming. I might have cut away a little too much on the head... it's not as tight a fit...but it'll work :).

Waiting for brass eyes, and I moved up four spaces on getting my torso. I'm hoping that'll be here in April at this rate :)

Orders for other threepio parts bought and paid for..just on the long waiting list :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back