Millenium Falcon Hyperspace Levers - Build Thread

MattWinchell

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in the process of planning out my approach for machining the hyperspace levers. My main conundrum right now is the scale of the lever. I know that it's supposed to be c3-po's knee pistons, but those are around 5.25" long, which seems quite short. Then i've seen another guy online have it at around over a foot long and I'm not sure which scale is correct.

Anyone have any ideas?

star-wars-galaxys-edge-millennium-falcon-smugglers-run-14-1173437.jpeg

HackinSpock There are surely far more knowledgeable people than I on this subject here, but in the absence of other responses thus far:

Maybe you've already thought of this, but if I understand your query correctly and no better external reference exists, my strategy would be to estimate the distance to each pivot point via side angles that show the levers in varying positions.

I don't know that we ever get a perfect side view, but some close approximations can be found in ANH as they're caught in the Death Star's tractor beam, and then again as they escape the Death Star hangar.

After a bit more digging, I eventually landed on a set of dimensions: 6.25" and rounded it to an OD of basically 1". Here are the results:
The plan is to construct the throttle housing and design a pseudo-sofaking throttle mech, but also sinking in a potentiometer in the shaft so I can read the throttle leverage values on an arduino and do some cool ****.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 133
Just make sure you reflect the proper directional action, which was fixed in Solo, but was incorrect in A New Hope. The directional motion for any flight deck inceptor should coincide with the direction of the resulting state change on the vehicle it controls. In pilot speak we say "push throttle forward, go faster. Pull throttle backward, go slower."

BTW, this directional motion of the throttle inceptor and resulting effect on vehicle motion is also compliant with CFR Title 14 Part 23, 25 and many other aerospace vehicles.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back