C3P0 Build Thread

sometimes trying to get replies from this vacuum metal place is like pulling teeth. Trying to get a price quote for my shorts, torso, feet and second head, but no one's getting back to me again.

I want to get what we have left chromed, so it'll look good on the display stand I'm going to build. it'll probably be another 6 months untill the rest of it ships.

14800752971_8c5c7a8207_b.jpg

Threepio's first radio event.I'm hoping his SECOND radio event, possibly in december, will be a complete suit. and the first official outing.

still no update on threepio. I am now 8 people away on my arms/legs wait list. but then again, my first order of torso is still up there, and I got that in May. so I'm HOPING I might get the whole thing sooner rather than later.

I never did hear back from the chroming company again to get my current parts done. you'd think that they'd be eager to get business no matter how it gets contacted by (email, phone, etc)

I'm getting my 3PO parts in soon and was curious where you are getting yours chromed at? And what kind of price they gave you? I'm a little nervous as well because you're not the first person I've heard about getting it back a little deformed
still no update on threepio. I am now 8 people away on my arms/legs wait list. but then again, my first order of torso is still up there, and I got that in May. so I'm HOPING I might get the whole thing sooner rather than later.

I never did hear back from the chroming company again to get my current parts done. you'd think that they'd be eager to get business no matter how it gets contacted by (email, phone, etc)

I think the link is in here somewhere, but it was vac metallizing ltd from ontario canada.
The front of Threepio's head came back squished in the middle and If memory serves, they also drilled some holes in it, probably for whatever device holds it.

I'm wondering if anyone sent a set out to that LA company that did episode 3, and if they come out any better.

That's probably the same place I was referred to, it was also in Canada. It sounds like the best price, I heard the LA company was up around $2000 for the whole set

I think the link is in here somewhere, but it was vac metallizing ltd from ontario canada.
The front of Threepio's head came back squished in the middle and If memory serves, they also drilled some holes in it, probably for whatever device holds it.

I'm wondering if anyone sent a set out to that LA company that did episode 3, and if they come out any better.

3P0 parts are done and should be coming back Wednesday. Shorts and feet chromed. god I hope it comes out as good as the other place did. this company is so much nicer to deal with..

10382840_10152752726995211_1966949681533375686_n.jpg

I am SO glad these came back awesome, and fast too. a little under three weeks. Now I can send the rest of the parts out to that company and not have to worry about customs.

Now, slight problem, as I'm sure you can spot. I KNOW I put in the email that the right foot needed to be silver, not gold, but I guess it was forgotten about. If I send it back,
could they put another coat of silver on it without ruining it? Or would I just have to write down on my display feet I plan on getting SILVER on one foot next time I send it out?

this is just a quick question for those who have 3P0s....

But I assumed that the lower end of the shorts fit into the leg portion of 3P0, and for a display suit, didn't really need to be trimmed away. Again, chances are I will NEVER find anyone to fit this thing, so it will be display only...so I'm not worried about short re-inforcment or anything like that. If I do manage to find someone to fit it, I can always buy a second pair of shorts and modify them to be worn. (never hurts to have a second pair!)....but are you supposed to trim away a part of the bottom so it comes up to the top of the shorts?

There are very few build threads for 3P0 that I've been able to find...and what I have found doesn't elaborate much. I am hoping that this one will serve as a master builder thread that covers every mistake made along the way so other folks can avoid the same issues...

Put in an order for second 3P0 head. should be here by friday is lucky.

this time I know what I'm doing so it should go quicker. I also know the proper pipe size for the neck. last time i was just cutting it to try and fit the size of a human neck and guessing at that. I think I cut too much away.

Only question now is, what to do with the first head.

I saw on youtube a head that was sitting in a box and motorized. It turned with the 3P0 joint sound effect and spoke in anthony daniels voice. If I can make something like that, and have any cast members I see sign it, that'd be cool..

Those parts look amazing, wish I could add some insight to this thread but I'm out of my depth on this build. I just felt I had to pipe in and let you know I look forward to all of your updates!

I've always been tempted to make a crappy pepakura C-3PO and keep him as a jumbled pile of parts in the basement...preferably in a carrying net. Feel free to use that idea!

Looks amazing!

As for the silver leg issue, from what I understand a gold chrome is simply a yellow clear coating over the silver. So in theory you might be able to use Simple Green or something like it to wipe away the coating, revealing the silver. Do you have a scrap piece to test this with?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and FWIW, sometimes the foot is silver, sometimes it's gold, so as long as they follow instructions with the silver lower leg, you're good! ;)

huh..you're right. I just noticed that watching ESB on the new 60 incher.....phew!

second 3P0 head shipped. someone wanted to see if I could make up a 3P0 part in 3D so it cna be printed on a 3D printer.
this is the first test. Obviously the second part on the right got messed up somehow...and will have to be redone, but not bad for a first effort
10409108_10152786675280211_7412801744427908542_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back