Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - Full Suit Pics & New Blaster!!

Psicorp7

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All right!

I know Boba Fett builds are all around and I am sure I am not breaking any new ground with this one but I want to put this build up here and on TDH to make use of the wide array of knowledge out there. I know I will miss things and images and I hope you folks can catch me before I fall too far! :lol

I have attached the photos of the pile of stuff I have gathered so far.

JetPack - MOW
Gauntlets - MOW
Boots - MOW
Back - Don't remember?
Chest/Cod/Shoulders - swprops (not the greatest but not the worst)
Shin tools - eBay
Pistol/holster - eBay
Chest numerals - esb sequence - UK seller
Jumpsuit - MOW
ESB Vest - MOW
Knees - Vacuum formed - eBay
Helmet - ?? (got it for $60 and now I am pretty sure it is a recast POS)
I consider this to be my "practice" helmet for the ESB paint scheme
EE-3 Blaster - Webley Flare Gun cast - not much else right now
Cape - eBay

The goal would be to make this a wearable, 501st approved costume. I know it will take a while and I will end up replacing a number of pieces as I upgrade. Wish me luck and I will ask more than a few questions!

Question #1

I have to dye the MOW jumpsuit and I am leaning towards the RIT royal blue but I am not positive. What have any of you used for for dye colors for ESB?

Last edited:
Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - Dyeing Question

Just a quick bump for any info on the dyeing question above.

Plus I thought I would show the two previous Boba Fett's I built.
These were done in 1998 and 2000. They were ok for the material I had at the time (sintra) and the fact there were done on the living room floor of my apartment. :lol

I am still rather proud of the sintra jetpack on the ROTJ second suit. I did all the patterns and built it from only looking at the photos available at the time.

Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - More Updates!!

Well the basement remodel project is coming to a close and that means more time to work on Fett!

I had a chance to dye the MOW jumpsuit using the Evening Blue and little bit of the grey.

After about five detergent washes this is how it looks. I think it it pretty close and with some weathering it should do the trick!

Double Pouches.JPGJumpsuit 2.JPGJumpsuit 1.JPG

Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - More Updates!!!

I was able to get the bolts for the armor attachment glued and covered with a layer of resin. I drilled the edges of the cracks in the helmet and put a fiberglass patch to stabilize the crack. I also trimmed and prepped all the ear pieces and the viewfinder. Once the fiberglass cured I went about trimming the helmet and removing all the extra resin on the inside. The faceplate was cut out and a quick soapy bath. Now onto attaching the ears and smoothing out all the imperfections. More to come!

Attachments

• Helmet Repair.JPG
    Helmet Repair.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • Helmet Repair 2.JPG
    Helmet Repair 2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 129
  • Chest Screws.JPG
    Chest Screws.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 147
  • Trimmed Helmet.JPG
    Trimmed Helmet.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119

Update time!

All of the bolts are hardened onto the armor and the grommets have been installed in the flak vest. Assembly Time!

With just a few bits of fine tuning it was time for a suit up test.
Pretty happy with the results!

IMG_0118.JPGIMG_0119.JPGIMG_0122.JPG

Spent all morning de-burring and trimming the MOW gauntlets! That is a lot of parts!
I also started glueing up the hinge for the right gauntlet.

IMG_0141.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0146.JPG

More work on the hinges for the gauntlets. I was able to get the other hinge cut out and attached as well as glueing the top to the right gauntlet.

IMG_0149.JPG

I added the elastic for the interior support of the codpiece and the butt plate. I also glued in two snaps that will connect with snaps on the jumpsuit to prevent a "codpiece malfunction". It's hard to be the most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy when your codpiece falls off midway through a troop!!!:lol

IMG_0147.JPG

Also, the post brought my new gloves from Man of War! Yeah!!

IMG_0148.JPG

I was able to get the hinges finished on the two gauntlets. They fit quite flush and should hide quite nicely!

IMG_0177.JPG

I also started assembling the flamethrower. Lots of those little pieces found a home!

IMG_0178.JPG

Look what showed up in the mail!!

IMG_0180.JPG

I was so excited I decided to take some time and trim all the flash and seams on the jetpack and get the piece test fit together. That got rid of my excitement...:lol

IMG_0179.JPG

It's been a little while, two family vacations and some time off to fix a fellow 501st members Vader helmet. But now...back to work on Fett!!

I found an incandescent prewired bulb at Radio Shack for the light in the right gauntlet.
IMG_0182.JPG

I cut a small hole for the bulb and one for the switch on the side. I will finish the rest on the install after paint.
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

I also cut the holes for the pins to help hold the flamethower and rocket on the left gauntlet.
IMG_0246.JPGIMG_0247.JPGIMG_0248.JPG

That's all for now!

Well, since I was waiting for some parts to come in for the gauntlets I thought I would shift my focus to the jetpack for awhile. I started with the thrusters. I cut a small piece of PVC and attached a ceramic magnet to the end using epoxy putty. I then cut the holes in the jetpack body. The PVC was attached to the inside of the body with more epoxy putty.

IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0259.JPG

The thrusters were shaved down to fit inside the PVC and another ceramic magnet was added to the end of the male end. I then glued the inserts the body of the nozzles. They now fit nice and shug and the magnets hold tight so they should be good for troops and removable for storage and transport.

IMG_0290.JPG

I was on a magnet power trip! I screwed a ceramic magnet into the hole for the missle at the top of the jetpack body. I dremeled three small shallow indents of three rare earth magnets and then glued them in place. To make sure then didn't go anywhere I put a layer of epoxy over the top of them. The missle is now nice an snug in there and removeable for storage/transport.

IMG_0283.JPG

I also added MORE MAGNETS to the inside of the gauntlets.

IMG_0289.JPG

In the midst of the magnet madness two the parts I was waiting for arrived for the right gauntlet. These little guys are spendy!

IMG_0288.JPG

To finish out the day I put a layer of aluminum paint on the parts I had already primered and put together some trays of small parts to primer later.

IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0291.JPG

Last edited:

Boots...No Color...:cry

Boots-NoColor.jpg

Boots...with Color...:D

IMG_0301.JPG

The weathering will come later when I do the whole costume. I have a ton of other photos of paint drying but I will save those for when I have something to show for an end product!

Attachments

• Boots-Color.jpg
    Boots-Color.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Bunch of little parts painted!

IMG_0318.JPGIMG_0317.JPG

The rest of the hard armor parts and jetpack are undergoing layers of paint and mask, paint and mask, paint and mask....
The never ending layers!

Well, it has been awhile but the progress continues...

Flamethrower is assembled.

IMG_0323.JPG

Paint is drying.

IMG_0322.JPG

The backplate has some layered damage. This was my test piece and it seems to have turned out ok.

IMG_0335.JPGIMG_0336.JPG

I have made some progress on the helmet as well. This is my "practice" helmet and I have learned alot! My skills are getting better and I think by the time I am done with this one I will be ready to paint up a nice ESB cast. But this will do for now.

IMG_0319.JPGIMG_0320.JPGIMG_0321.JPGIMG_0337.JPG

More helmet painting....

IMG_0338.JPGIMG_0339.JPG

I am sure there is no end to the layers on a fett helmet.:lol

More progress on painting the helmet.

IMG_0342.JPGIMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPGIMG_0345.JPG

Some of the greeblies attached to the right gauntlet.

IMG_0346.JPGIMG_0347.JPG

I have the left gauntlet assembled and the basic paint layout done. I have a boatload of weathering and blending of the paint to give it that "lived-in" look. It looks a little blocky right now.

IMG_0364.JPGIMG_0365.JPG

I also added some padding and velcro that matches up to velcro on the sleeves of the jumpsuit to keep the gauntlets from moving around and falling off.

IMG_0368.JPG

The helmet had the visor installed and the right ear and rangefinder added. I still need to add more details to the ears and the rangefinder is still missing one small part.

IMG_0369.JPGIMG_0370.JPGIMG_0371.JPG

Good job on the helmet and gauntlets, finished Boba should look great.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back