Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - Full Suit Pics & New Blaster!!

Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - More Updates!!!

Well it had been a long time away from this project! With Captain America and Dr. Doom out of the way I thought I would put a little time into Mr. Fett since I want to take this costume out to an event this weekend. But the costume really needs to get dirty...Fast!! I still have a number of things to add or upgrade but I decided that weathering the parts I have right now would be the best way to make it more presentable. So here we go!

Clean.....and then......Dirty! I used a spray bottle filled with cold black coffee wet down the spots I was going to paint. This added a base stain layer and made the room smell awesome! I then brushed on a diluted mix of black and tan acrylic paints. It was only about twenty to twenty five drops per cup of water.

2028.JPG 2033.JPG 2034.JPG

I brushed and rubbed a watered down black acrylic on the gauntlets.

2032.JPG

The rest of the parts were already layer painted with all the chips and dings but I came back with the airbrush and softened some of the edges and added some light weathering.

2039.JPG 2037.JPG

I still need to add the decals to the helmet, weather the belt and boots, and do a ton of paint apps to the jetpack.

Everything is getting a little more worn and details added.

First off, the decals were applied to the helmet.

003.JPG 004.JPG

The jetpack was weathered and distressed but still needs to go under the airbrush for some more weathering.

006.JPG

The gloves were lightly hit and will need a bit more "natural" distressing on the dirty, dirty garage floor!

007.JPG

Last update of the day. More distressing and weathering!!!
The boots...one clean and one dirty!

008.JPG

The gauntlets got a little airbrushing to highlight the shape and details.

011.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG 013.JPG

Plus the jetpack received a lot more love!

016.JPG 017.JPG

The only task I have time left for is to distress the leather belt and pouches. Suit up tomorrow and see what needs changing. I suspect I will need to get a new flak vest as this one is just not long enough. But good enough for a quick local troop!

I had a chance to troop with the costume this weekend and it worked out great! Here are a few photos of the event. I still need to make a new flak vest to give me a larger gap between the collar and the chest plates and have a little extra below the belly plate. Also still need to add toe spikes and advance the weathering on the jumpsuit and boots a bit more. But is is "troopable" right now and the upgrades will just make it better. The blaster is still wrong as it is the ROTJ but I have most of the parts for the ESB EE-3 so that will get put together and replace the one I had to use.
007 (2).JPG 008 (2).JPG 009 (2).JPG

I also came up with a two tote transport system to keep the paint intact for travel and protect the parts form each other.

001 (2).JPG 002 (2).JPG 003 (2).JPG 004 (2).JPG

006 (2).JPG

Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - Full Suit Pics & Transport System

Suit looks great. Love what you did with the totes! Very slick.

Re: Psicorp7's - NEW - ESB Boba Fett Build - Full Suit Pics & Transport System

Looks great, do you mind sharing the brand name of the totes?

Thanks!

Just finished up a new EE-3 blaster just in time for The Force Awakens!

049.JPG 050.JPG

We have police officers at the theater to inspect and approve weapons but we do get to bring them!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back