Hannibal TV Series..

After seeing Michael Pitt in Boardwalk Empire, I'm very impressed with his take on Mason Verger.

Wow, really?!? I find this character to be the first misstep in the show. He is horribly written and performed in such an over-the-top manner that it is very distracting. He is nothing but a cheap version of the Scarcrow from Nolan's Batman and doesn't fit the "reality" of this show in my opinion.

45e.png

Last edited:
Last night, just on a whim, I watched Hannibal (2001) after I watched the latest episode. It was interesting to see how certain things were similar/or not.

Wow, really?!? I find this character to be the first misstep in the show. He is horribly written and performed in such an over-the-top manner that it is very distracting. He is nothing but a cheap version of the Scarcrow from Nolan's Batman and doesn't fit the "reality" of this show in my opinion.

Reminded me of Nicholson in Batman, funnily enough.

So the novel "Hannibal" is a very different animal to the previous too, less credible, more purple and gothic. What you're seeing with Verger is a mixing up of the different sources.
It's kind of weird, but it sort of works. I'm surprised they went as big as they did with Verger too.

I totally agree. I don't like the Margo character either. I will be very happy when the Verger arc is over with. I'm looking forward to the Jack/Hannibal fight scene this week.

:)

WOW! WOW! WOW! Best season finallle for any show, EVER! Seriously, this has become the best television series I have ever seen, especially for stanadard tv. It is so far above the typical schlock and formulaic crap that we are made to endure that I feel like NBC doesn't even deserve it. Absolutely amazing as alwasy and so beautifully shot. How more people aren't talking about this is continually stunning to me.

WOW! WOW! WOW! Best season finallle for any show, EVER! Seriously, this has become the best television series I have ever seen, especially for stanadard tv. It is so far above the typical schlock and formulaic crap that we are made to endure that I feel like NBC doesn't even deserve it. Absolutely amazing as alwasy and so beautifully shot. How more people aren't talking about this is continually stunning to me.

Just be glad its not on FOX.

What....I loved/hated Hannibal when Will said, "I have changed you"...Hannibal was like O R3ly...come here Abigail....T.T

And Jack survives hopefully. Unless they've taken more liberties with the source. Which they've done already with the therapists on the plane. I didn't understand that, Hannibal tried to kill her! And now they're cool...

That's the sign of a good show, when you have absolutely no idea what's going to happen next. Just when you think you do, something comes completely out of left field, and not just something absurdly contrived, or something relying on shock value either. I have no clue what Season 3 will be like, but I know I'll be watching!

[TV] Find Out Where "Hannibal" Season 3 is Going! -

Potential Season 3 spoilers:

Per Fuller, Will Graham survives the Season 2 finale. “We are staying very true to in the incident in the novel with Will and Hannibal and it’s very basic outcome.” What about everyone else? “Everyone that’s laying their breathing could be breathing their last breaths. It doesn’t go well for all of them.”

They’re getting their hands dirty with the Hannibal origin story. “Season 3 is going to be a lot of fun because it’s going to be taking a lot of disparate elements from the novel Hannibal Rising and the novel “Hannibal” and mashing them up together as part of the thrust of the season. It’s going to be fun to bastardize two novels into one sort of Frankenstein season. I will brace everybody right now: We’re significantly changing the Hannibal origin story from Hannibal Rising.”
Yet more familiar characters will pop up. “The books won’t necessarily be in sequential order. We’ll be hitting elements of each of them except Silence of the Lambs.

The finale was awe-inspiring. It's very rare to find a show where it can be so hard to watch and yet you just can't turn away. The last 20 minutes were absolutely gut-wrenching and incredible drama. Kudos to NBC for extending the show to a third season - it's the best show on television right now.

I love how they've taken themes from Red Dragon, SOTL and Hannibal - but kept it original at the same time. 2015 cannot come fast enough!

Just done marathoning this show, I agree with what's been said here : one of the best show on TV currently ! It's beautifully shot, really disturbing and fascinating. Mikkelsen is killing it, he really made me believe he coud impale you on antlers then eat your kidney in a succulent looking feast, while wearing his creepy cold smile.
One small complain : while I do know he's quite fit and well versed in the art of killing, he sometimes seems a little too "kung-fu" in his fighting choreography. I'm thinking the one with Verger's thugs by example. Very minor though, and it's going to be hard to wait for next season with such a finale !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back