FINISHED!! MY Interrogator / Torture Droid Build

Droidboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Disclaimer:

First let me say that it's not like I really have time to do this with all of the other things I have going on...both prop wise and personal wise, but a good friend of mine on here once said that if you don't have something to do for yourself....even if it's a few minutes at a time....you will resent the stuff you do for others. So this is going to be my few minutes at a time prop for me.

So.....one of the pieces from the OT I've always wanted to do is the Interrogator Droid. I like it's elegance and it's use of found pieces...even if those found parts came from within the SW universe.

Over the years I've slowly collected parts. Ok...I found some forceps a few years ago...a few months ago I found another part, and the rest I've found recently. But you get my gist.

Anyhow...here are the parts I have:

An R2 Dome

Forceps

Tonsil Guillotine

3 Prong Test tube clamp

Regular Test tube clamp

I know none of them are 100% accurate, but I think with this build I'll be happy enough. I would be really surprised if any of us find any of the exact parts as they are 50-60 years old...but heck, we are a resourceful bunch aren't we :)

Recently Jeff Allen and I at Studio Creations figured out the Tonsil Guillotine maker as well as the maker of the test tube clamps. I'll post that in a bit, but the rest of the stuff is elsewhere so I won't bother to repeat it.

NEXT STEP.....

Trim out the R2 dome.

Last edited:
Re: MY Interrogator / Torture Droid Build

I think you are off to a good start.

I would be really surprised if any of us find any of the exact parts as they are 50-60 years old

STAR WARS first came out in 1977 (they would have shot it in 1976), so it is 36 (37) years old now.

I think you are off to a good start.

STAR WARS first came out in 1977 (they would have shot it in 1976), so it is 36 (37) years old now.

Yeah, but these parts are a lot older than that. I think most of them date back to the 50's. Remember, they were probably old bits then, not brand new pieces they went out and bought.

Great start Gregg. We're nearly at the same place except my r2 dome casting is really rough. I have much work to do on it. it's why I haven't progressed over the last 3 years......LOL

Just found this thread!
I've collected antique / vintage medical instruments since 99', but had totally forgotten about this droid! Great start!!
Jeff

Jeff..There is a part on the back that no one can figure out, maybe you can help. Ill post a picture of it later.

Dave...if you need a cleaner dome I might be able to help.

Thanks to some pictures from Jeff Allen at Studio Creations, I was able to do a little research and correctly identify the manufacturers of a couple of pieces.

The tonsil tool was manufactured by Mayer and Phelps, a London based company, and it more accurately called a TONSIL GUILOTINE.

Here is an original that more closely matches the screen used piece:

BLW_Tonsil_Guillotine_Gunsm_zpsddc1a248.jpg

The 3-pronged clamp is made my GRIFFIN & TATLOCK, another London based company

Here is their patent drawing. The patent no. is visible on the piece itself.

espacenetImage.jpg

And I also believe that the clamp on the side with the syringe is made by the same company based on this photo from an ebay auction

$T2eC16NHJHQE9nzE)jP!BRBRuwmq6!~~60_12.JPG

Still chasing down leads for the rear thingie, but that is what Jeff and I came up with yesterday.

Gregg

Stolen Pictures:

If you want me to take these down and they are yours, please let me know. My apologies in advance.

P1010086_zps6dfabe12.jpg

3335301958_6b9160d1c4_z.jpg

1809526476_8377c86920_z.jpg

images

2632157068_731fa2ab48_z.jpg

P1010003_zps9786460b.jpg

Last edited:

Hey Gregg, you mean the claw thingy behind the birthing forceps on the top pic?
Looks familiar, I'll dig thru the med catalogs tonight.

Hey Gregg, you mean the claw thingy behind the birthing forceps on the top pic?
Looks familiar, I'll dig thru the med catalogs tonight.

Yep...that's the one.

Here are some other pics of it:

intrgtrdrd_oddhandle01.jpg

intrgtrdrd_oddhandle02.jpg

You can see that is some sort of scissor clamp type thingie. But the shape is so weird that I can't imagine what it would be used for.

I've often wondered if it's not some sort of bone clamp/forcep It seems scale wise to be about the same size as me putting my finger and thumb together in a circle.

I've dug thru so many auctions trying to identify that part. At least 5 yrs I've been searching.

I'd guess it's a bit bigger, maybe 4" x 5" for the clamp proper. Made to reach around something and clamp on the backside. (also reminds me of an older welding ground clamp).
The bone clamps I've had are more like your test tube holder, two bars on one side, opposite a single.

Doctor Ball! I 'll be watching, Dr. Ball is one of my favorite droids, always made me giggle at how the thing on his head seemed to look like those old reflectors dentists used to wear.

DoctorBallEmDee-RCSW2.jpg

I went thru my two "newest" medical catalogs, the 1934 and 1948 issues (600 pg ea). The closest instruments are rib shears, but nothing "exact". Modern versions look very similar to the old ones. (do a quick eBay search for "rib shear" )

That search did lead me to another posibility, and I'm quite sure I've found your "clamp thingy"!
It's a rather "unique" medical item, with hundreds of styles.
Let me dig a bit and I'll find a close one.:cool

Guess I never paid much attention, but I never realized this little guy was two R2 domes sandwiched together!

Interceptor6 I am waiting with baited breath. You figure this out there will be several of us that owe you a drink.

Interceptor6 I am waiting with baited breath. You figure this out there will be several of us that owe you a drink.
Sorry for the delay guys, I was hoping to find the "exact" model, but it'll take some time.
The hole in the side 'arm' of the thingy was the clue. It meant the thing was cable actuated.
It's a prosthetic (amputee) hand from the 60's or 70's. Unfortunately, it's a "work hand" for a distinct job or sport. Weightlifters use a similar one "in the day", but it'll take some more hunting for the correct model.
Hopefully the pics loaded.:unsure
Jeff

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back