FINISHED!! MY Interrogator / Torture Droid Build

Re: MY Interrogator / Torture Droid Build

Those pics are from modern versions, but the early ones weren't quite so industrial looking. J

Last edited:

I think if you aren't right you are amazingly close. I just hope you find the right one. It's weird the things they used for this piece. Great work and thanks ever so much. You rock.

I'm 99% sure it's a prosthetic.
Any of you guys near London??
There's quite a collection of artificial limbs at the Science Museum there. Might be worth a look.
I've run off a pic I'll show to a couple of local guys in the business.

If not we can always just reach out to them and ask right?

I have a couple of other ideas I'm going to work on research wise today. I think you put us on an amazing path here my friend.

So i got out the dremel tool and the hole saw and did a little cutting. I've trimmed off the bottom of the dome, cut out a couple of the recessed panels and some of the holes. Next step is to figure out where the small holes go, drill those, and then fiberglass the recesses back in place.

photo9_zps703670a7.jpg

photo8_zps51d042b8.jpg

Actually only the top dome is an R2 dome. The bottom dome is likely a security cam dome or something.

My 10-15 minutes of work today....I added the logic processors.

19B45B59-F002-4D78-8AC1-702C587195E4-12326-0000052528EC0AC3_zpsab572d82.jpg

A65021BD-F064-45E2-A65C-BDBB5E251C79-12326-000005252BE98785_zps181c240e.jpg

If you look at the pics you can tell the bottom isn't an r2 dome. The top one definitely is though.

I don't know. Looks like an R2 dome with that ring around it to me. But I'm no expert. I'm sure you've done more research than me. :)

It has a similar shape. The way you can tell it isn't an R2 dome because there are no lines carved in it like the top dome has.

My 15 minutes of work tonight. Hole drilling.

I'll be honest and say that my holes aren't exactly placed where the holes on the real droid are. Part of that is because the panels that were etched in are a little off and part of it is that I wanted the spacing to be a little bit more even.

I also put the back plate on one of the recessed panels, and I drilled out the recessed holes for the red lights.

C818D0F9-0EC3-4DDA-BECD-F7ACA4E5411C-993-00000060E05F69CC_zps4374ef11.jpg

CB11FF5C-47F0-4C7D-B873-C16FF5CB26FE-993-00000060DD56C87C_zps3b90b191.jpg

The other thing I did was mock up a cup to go in the tonsil guillotine hole. I'm pretty happy with how the mock up looks, now I just have to figure out a way to make a cup that is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the tools.

7F989E34-B904-45E8-AE46-082845AA822B-993-00000060E2C69E79_zps9307ce97.jpg

This cup style in used in two or three of the holes.

Good observation!

I did a little clean up to it last night. I still have some more bondoing to do before I can put a primer coat on to see where I'm at, but I'm making progress a little at a time.

I'm still unsure what to do about the cups. I'm sure they were just a found item, but man those would be small.

It has a similar shape. The way you can tell it isn't an R2 dome because there are no lines carved in it like the top dome has.

At one time, I think the StarWars.com entry claimed that the bottom was a "Lucite hemisphere".

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back