Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 29/01/2017)

Re: Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread.

This looks liking it is shaping up really well! You were pretty darn close on the model before used the tracing. Good eye!

I'd definitely be in for one or two if you end up doing a run.

Yeah I was surprised as well, although its enough of a difference to notice compared to the screen used one.

Milling will begin next week and I'll get some test stickers done of the pepsi perfect logo. I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

I had a go at correcting the distortion from the bottle in your logo. Let me know if you want the image removed.

CbfeJ71l.jpg

The problem is the orginal looks to have been placed by hand so it has a few imperfections. The 'mandarin' font is Chancery Script.

here is the direct link to the imgur http://i.imgur.com/CbfeJ71l.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not seeing any image coming up bro? Be interested to see what you've done:thumbsup

Any ideas on the font for the perfect in the pepsi logo?

Uploaded via tiny pic this time

564qh.jpg

i've made this in Illustrator so it is a scalable vector.

So, after the weekend break it's back to work on this project. The lathing will begin later today as well as getting the Pepsi perfect logo printed on vinyl stickers. Should have a picture update by later today or tomorrow.

(y)popcorn

nitrox, Where did you get the screen used measurments? I have an old 3d model I made but just from dimension guessing.
I have the capability to 3d Print a model that I draw but I dont want to waste time printing non screen accurate measurements.

Hi Guys,

So after a week long vacation this project is back on the go, Lathing has begun and I pickup my stickers this afternoon. Pictures to follow soon!

Formula388, shoot me a pm and I'll send over the 3D model I made :)

I missed the second page of this thread where gary posted a trace of his bottle. I ended up drawing it in CAD as well and am in the process of 3d printing it as we "speak" I will post a picture in a few hours when the print is done.

You are going to run into a slight wrinkle with printed labels for the Pepsi Perfect - literally.

The shape of the bottle and the location of the decal will cause the decal to compress at the bottom. On a printed label this will cause the vinyl to wrinkle up. When you first apply it, you can flatten it all out and it looks fine, but in a short while it will start to bubble/peel again where it should be compressed.

For the screen used bottles, they use cut vinyl and applied the three colors seperately. The silver backing was applied first and a "pie slice" was taken out of the bottom of the silver part so it would fit correctly without the wrinkly. The red and blue were then applied over the silver.

You can see the cut in the silver backing on my previously posted rubbing. Here is a pic of the production logo as well - look near the bottom.

View attachment 146034

Hope this helps.

Gary

Can you make a functioning sipper top on the 3D printed model?

I would need detailed pictures of the top parts, I plan on doing that. I actually made a thread of my own so as not to clutter nitrox's build thread.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back