Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 29/01/2017)

nitrox

Sr Member
So after hanging around in mainly the entertainment and off-topic forums I have now decided to make my first prop. A Pepsi Perfect/Slice/Diet Pepsi bottle from BTTF.

I started out by going through some older threads here by Rylo and Gary Weaver, those threads contained measurements from a bottle used in the BTTF ride and that is what I am basing my design off.

I fully admit that this will not be as screen accurate as Gary's as his was done from a prototype bottle from BTTF II, but I'm hoping to get something close.

So far I have modeled the bottle in C4D to the right dimensions and I'm getting ready to export as an STL file ready to be lathed.

8472842564_c5e8078496_z.jpg

I am hoping to have two master versions of this bottle, one in wood like the originals and also one in aluminium.

Once I have these I will begin the molding for my solid resin casts.

Dan.

Last edited:
Re: Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread.

Best of luck. Please do a run when you're done

Thanks bro, at this point I just want to start getting from the software stage to the physical stage so thinking about a run is a little way off although if I have interest I'm sure I can work something out.

I'm already noticing some small defects in the 3D file so I'm working those out first, I wanna get it right first time if possible.

I have a friend who owns a machine shop so I'm excited to see his prices for the aluminum bottles. :thumbsup

Does anyone have any idea what font was used for the "PERFECT" on the Pepsi label?

So after spending some time doing the Pepsi graphic I realized I have done the graphic from the bar in the cafe 80's, not the logo from the bottle;-

8473020952_15e2efe6cb_z.jpg

Back to the drawing board.

It would be neat to see an aluminum version!

Yeah I agree, I read in another thread that it would be a good idea as it would be cold to the touch. Just like a real chilled drink.

My machine shop has just got back to me with a quote of around $50 per aluminium bottle, not bad at all!

Slight update, most of the issues have been fixed and I have now modeled the straw.
8473262512_118806e2d0_z.jpg

looking forward to this, sounds like you're getting mates rates on the aluminium bottles

looking forward to this, sounds like you're getting mates rates on the aluminium bottles

Haha yeah I suppose so but that should mean you guys get a good deal if and when I do a run of these. :thumbsup

Haha yeah I suppose so but that should mean you guys get a good deal if and when I do a run of these. :thumbsup

Doing a run of say 10 should be cheaper per unit than just one. I get machining done for a product I make and the guy I use simply won't do a one off. Minimum order is 3 units because of set up time for his milling machine and lathe (some parts are milled and some are turned).

Nitrox. Looks like you are off to a great start. I'll see if I have any other info around here which can help you out.

FYI - regarding my previous replicas. My first gens were based of a preproduction bottle which was a hair shorter than the production ones. My Vac-Formed bottles were made from a production Diet Pepsi Vac Formed bottle - so they were as dead on as you can probably get.

I think somewhere I have a bottle profile tracing made from the VacForming buck. Should be exactly what you need for your project. I'll see if I have it in my files at home later tonight.

-Gary

well this is on the right track for a full dose of awesome can't wait to see more

I'll need to look around, but I also have rubbings of the vinyl labels from the three production made bottles I owned. I can't recall if I scanned them in or not.

-Gary

I'll need to look around, but I also have rubbings of the vinyl labels from the three production made bottles I owned. I can't recall if I scanned them in or not.

-Gary

Gary, really appreciate this, your past efforts are nothing short of inspirational!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back