Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

So far so great!

A couple of things I noticed:

at the 1:00 mark when they're running out of the base, a couple of Rebels are wearing the Endor commando helmets.

It looks like she's wearing a TIE pilot uniform at the end, but the chest armor is a little different, and she has the boxes on her belt.

More noticings with more watchings...

I've been saying for quite some time that I'm more excited about the "standalone" films than I am about the 7-9 ones... And this trailer did not disappoint at all!!! That looked freaking amazing...

Me too. The new trilogy is nice and all, but I've been far more excited about this film.

And this teaser didn't disappoint. It reminded me so much of the old Rogue Squadron games. There was even a mission with AT-ATs on a tropical planet in one of the sequels. I know they weren't too popular, but I loved them to death, and this seems to be extremely similar. Pure classic Star Wars with a loosely organized of rebels struggling against a big bad empire. Seeing OT stormtroopers in action again was amazing, and I loved the look of the Grand Admiral-ish imperial too.

I hope that's a hooded Vader kneeling. I always thought with the dome off, he'd look sick with a hood, and it would be a nice visual tie to Kylo Ren.

Not that I have problems with female leads, but two movies in a row, disney? ;o)

Was so hoping the grand admiral would be thrawn..but no such luck. best EU character relegated to legend now. sigh.

Not sure how I feel about Samurai trooper..

but all in all, not bad.

The scene with Mon Mothma speaking in the beginning looked like it was ripped from the Dark Forces game when they have Kyle Katarn go in to steal the death star plans, but that's my original introduction into the EU.

Kinda neat to see they brought back the Rebel Fleet troopers.

AT-ATs looks rather unique, almost similar to what we see in Star Wars Rebels though, probably the model before what we finally see in ESB.

The TK's armor is a bit different. The sides are clearly cut at a 45 degree angle, they have a wide black section (maybe elastic?) bridging the chest and back armor underneath the arms, and where the shoulder straps connect at the back, goes into a raised box/slot on the back plate. Belt and cod look a bit different. The thermal detonators are clearly better attached to the belt and not using clips like the originals.

The helmets looks very similar of course, but give me that "idealized" look like the MR/EFX helmets did

I just need to get my ANH vader finished in time for the release....

Not that I have problems with female leads, but two movies in a row, disney? ;o)

Was so hoping the grand admiral would be thrawn..but no such luck. best EU character relegated to legend now. sigh.

Not sure how I feel about Samurai trooper..

but all in all, not bad.

Never know. I do know they'd definitely change his "story" if they brought him back. I don't think this is Thrawn though. Even LFL understands the extreme favoritism towards Thrawn. The issue is that we know Thrawn to be a very successful tactician. This story, however, we already know how it ends- they are successful. To "throw away" Thrawn in a one-time story would probably **** off a lot of people, as it's already clear he'd have failed entirely if they made him the Grand Admiral seen here, and I think if that were the case, it'd have pissed off a lot of people as that's clearly against the character's key features

I do hope this is a joke...

I'm absolutely loving this so far and am definitely looking forward to it. :)

;o)...... I can't be 100% positive you know. ruin my image ;o) there's honestly not much to complain about. even the actress playing mon mothma looks ridiculously right.

- - - Updated - - -

Never know. I do know they'd definitely change his "story" if they brought him back. I don't think this is Thrawn though. Even LFL understands the extreme favoritism towards Thrawn. The issue is that we know Thrawn to be a very successful tactician. This story, however, we already know how it ends- they are successful. To "throw away" Thrawn in a one-time story would probably **** off a lot of people, as it's already clear he'd have failed entirely if they made him the Grand Admiral seen here, and I think if that were the case, it'd have pissed off a lot of people as that's clearly against the character's key features

It's also against the timeline iirc.

IIRC, didn't he fail somehow and then got sent out to the unknown regions? only to return as a grand admiral after jedi? Idon't think he was a GA during this time..
but, one can't help but think thrawn when you see that uniform ;o)

There had been some rumors that Thrawn will show up in Rebels (I know, I know) but there is at least some chance he'll be back. I personally don't care one way or the other but we'll see I guess.

I know some hooded Vader ghost concepts had been explored for TFA so I do wonder if they'll evoke that imagery again in RO. Seems slightly odd since he has never been depicted wearing a hood but it could look neat I guess.

The AT-ATs are certainly an earlier/different model but I do like that they were fairly subtle with it. Enough to be noticeable but not too overdone.

;o)...... I can't be 100% positive you know. ruin my image ;o) there's honestly not much to complain about. even the actress playing mon mothma looks ridiculously right.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC, didn't he fail somehow and then got sent out to the unknown regions? only to return as a grand admiral after jedi? Idon't think he was a GA during this time..

Thrawn accepted a commission in the Imperial navy after he helped Palpatine destroy Outbound Flight and he continued working toward Palpatine's ends out in the Unknown Regions. As I recall, he was made a Grand Admiral a couple years after Yavin.

Timeline, as we know it in EU/Legends, yes, but as I said, they can bring the character in anywhere they want, changing his story entirely.

I haven't gotten that far in books. His species derives from the unknown regions outside of the known galaxy as far as I know. It's been pointed out several times, in the novels, questioning how the battle of endor would have been different if Thrawn was in command, so I don't think him failing and being sent elsewhere is something that would have happened, but could be wrong

ZsWWHv0.jpg

Wonder if the storm troopers are Anovos? ;)

Oh...And Royal Guards!!! That made me happy as well...Not to mention seeing the OT x-wing pilot helmets again...

In officially giddy.

Jason

Wonder if the storm troopers are Anovos? ;)

Oh...And Royal Guards!!! That made me happy as well...Not to mention seeing the OT x-wing pilot helmets again...

In officially giddy.

Jason

The TK armor is slightly different in details and doesn't appear wonky or asymmetrical

loved the trailer! i dont mind the samurai i like him! i love the tall droid, i want to see more of him!! big question, does anyone else get the feel that Jin is mon motha's daughter?

another big question was that Palpatine in the cloak.... and whats the deal with the white tube...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back