Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

anyone think that disney could get james earl jones and ian mcD to reprise their roles in live action?

Ian McD can be bought I'm sure. And I don't think JEJ would turn down a minor voice role for the franchise if asked. But I'd hazard a guess that they'll be left out of the film aside from maybe a reference or two.

As much as I love JEJ, for this time period -- and Rebels -- I wish they'd get someone younger/angrier to do Vader's voice. Remember where he was at this point in his arc. "Commander! Tear this ship apart until you found those plans. And bring me the passengers -- I want them alive!" Much stomping and angry shouting and growling.

--Jonah

You realize that is literally the only time Vader raises his voice in the entire series (Unless you count the pained grunt he makes when Luke tags his shoulder with his lightsaber). He doesn't need to raise his voice, his very presence instills fear to the point that everyone does anything he says anyway. He usually just smolders quietly and if he really needs to make a point, he'll choke the life out if you.

Enh. Disagree. Even JEJ has said that he reined in his performance for the sequels, to make Vader's rage colder, more tightly-leashed, and make him more intimidating. Yes, he was loudest and shoutiest in that scene, but he was still a lot more dynamic than in the later films.

--Jonah

Kinda agree with Inquisitor Peregrinus here. If Vader is in it (I still think he won't be) it would be neat to see him a little less "cool". Let him lose it a bit. But I also think that JEJ could do that if needed. Otherwise whomever they got to do the voice would have to be BANG ON. Has to be perfect.

I'm just going by what we have seen, not what should have been/could be done. Although personally I like it best the way it has been done. And judging by the rebels season 2 trailer, it will be more of the same, at least for that show.

Kinda agree with Inquisitor Peregrinus here. If Vader is in it (I still think he won't be) it would be neat to see him a little less "cool". Let him lose it a bit. But I also think that JEJ could do that if needed. Otherwise whomever they got to do the voice would have to be BANG ON. Has to be perfect.

So far I haven't heard anyone even remotely close to JEJ :(
I hope he gets to live another 20 years or so :D

So far I haven't heard anyone even remotely close to JEJ :(
I hope he gets to live another 20 years or so :D

Yeah when they've had others play him in games and such it just isn't the same. They should just get JEJ to record every word in the English language in every emotion for any future projects just in case. Lol. ;)

Ben

I wonder what it would cost to get him to do that... The return would be worth whatever the price could be...

I DO have a professional PROTOOLS rig...

Hmmmmmm....

LOL!!!!

Yeah when they've had others play him in games and such it just isn't the same. They should just get JEJ to record every word in the English language in every emotion for any future projects just in case. Lol. ;)

Ben

I think it might have something to do with the new Mission Impossible movie, it's subtitle is Rogue Nation - and there might be an agreement or understanding to downplay Rogue One to avoid confusion. Plus, I don't think this was meant to be a trailer... just a teaser as I don't think filming has started.

Yeah, apparently there was a bihind the scenes deal struck where Disney agreed to hold off promoting Rogue One until later this summer after
MI is released.

So since these movies are "Anthology" does this mean a certain notorious special is getting rebranded as "Star Wars Anthology: The Holiday Special"? :p

Ben

Honestly and seriously, yes please! JEJ and Roger Jackson, aka voice of Ghostface. That way we/they could simply synthesise a perfect Vader/ghostface for future projects(or phone apps!!!!!) :D

also, has anyone confirmed that it actually IS James Earl Jones and Ian McDirmid returning for rebels? No offense against Tim Curry (whom I love), but he was no emporer.
If we got constant JEJ and Ian MCD....that would be awesome. I just hope they process his voice right so it sounds just like the original trilogy...(if any was done)

also, has anyone confirmed that it actually IS James Earl Jones and Ian McDirmid returning for rebels? No offense against Tim Curry (whom I love), but he was no emporer.
If we got constant JEJ and Ian MCD....that would be awesome. I just hope they process his voice right so it sounds just like the original trilogy...(if any was done)

Yes on JEJ. I think Palpatine is voiced by Sam Whitter.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back