Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Really excited for this film. I hope this film continues with practical effects and real people in real costumes. The thought of rebel soldiers fighting OT stormtroopers is mind blowing. Just the feeling of seeing OT stromtroopers on screen again will be exhilarating.

hmm, thanks for the confirmation on voices. more JEJ on rebels is always welcome.

Speaking of which, did anyone record the technical rebels panel where they showedhow they did scenes in maya?
I really wanted to see that....sorry for being off topic

Star Wars Anthology: Caravan of Courage
Star Wars Anthology: The Battle For Endor

thats just hilarious...

I really liked the Dark Forces story of stealing the death star plans....i don't care much about the space troopers or super troopers or whatever but I really wish they would use the DF characters (i.e. Kyle Katarn before force abilities, Jan Ors, Mon Mothma) for Rogue One.

They really could still reintroduce Kyle Katarn if they wanted since it was explained (for the old EU) that multiple Rebel agents stole different parts of the plans. All the parts together were then beamed to Leia's ship. Of course they could totally go in a different direction though. The Dark Troopers actually work better now after Battledroids were introduced. It would make sense to put that back in the EU.

That would be cool, but didn't Biggs join the Rebels a year from ANH? Unless Rogue One is based on that time frame.

Idk, doesn't Luna have too thick of a Spanish accent to pull off am American one? I've only ever seen him in the movie Milk, so maybe I'm wrong

That would be cool, but didn't Biggs join the Rebels a year from ANH? Unless Rogue One is based on that time frame.

From what I recall he hadn't joined the Rebellion just yet but was looking to do it soon. In the (deleted?) scene where Luke & Biggs catch up on Tattooine Biggs mentions to Luke that he and a few of his buddies were going to be jumping ship soon to join up with the Rebellion, so this would strongly suggest that while he may have had some contact with the Rebellion he wasn't actually part of it yet.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Also, as far as accent, I think actors could pull it off if they want too. Look at all those British actors that could switch their accent very easily. We'll see what happens. :D

Yeah true. But most of the Biggs footage ended up on the cutting room floor and Disney has aready proven they are willing to rewrite Events and drop the entire EU timeline for their own version of Star Wars history. So who knows but I just noticed tha Dieago looked a lot like Biggs in that photo. Give him a 70's stash and hair cut and you have a fairly close Biggs clone.

All I know is that if Disney is gonna stick to the OT at all we're gonna see a lot of Bothans dying.

Edit: I take it back, that was for the ROTJ Death Star Run

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back