Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

LOL. I'm not sure honest is the word. He started out with the best intentions, but then his obsession got the best of him. It was all downhill from there.

The events in the Rebels Season 2 premiere continue to lead me to believe a character from Rebels Season 3 will make an appearance in Rogue One. Garath Edwards has apparently written an episode.

The events in the Rebels Season 2 premiere continue to lead me to believe a character from Rebels Season 3 will make an appearance in Rogue One. Garath Edwards has apparently written an episode.

I just hope it's not either of the Jedi guys. Otherwise Luke showing up in the OT would be no big deal. "Oh yeah you're a Jedi huh? Well we already have like ten other Jedi that showed up before you." I want most of the surviving Jedi to have listened to the beacon and gone into hiding until at least post ROTJ.

I think I'm more excited about this than EP7 just because of the premise of it all. Another ANH era movie is just has my mind spinning at what these guys could possibly show. The Death Star potentially playing a big part has me weak at the knees. :)

Ben

I guess Rogue Squadron is now formed pre-ANH. The old EU it was formed afterwords. Of course now they will have to explain why they just used the "Red" callsign instead of "Rogue" at the Death Star battle. They could just say they used colors to make it harder for the Empire to pin down what unit is at a particular battle. I don't know.

The whole concept and delivery of this just shows me how well Disney and Lucasfilm understand what they are doing with the franchise and for the generations of fans. Who could have hoped back when we heard the news of the sale, that what we would get, along with a new trilogy films , would be standalones that would link back to and directly feature everything we loved about the originals.
In many ways I am more thrilled by this than TFA. To see the old X wings, Y wings, Stormtroopers, Ties ,Star destroyers , old school SW physical props and sets used and the DeathStar was well beyond my expectations. Decades ago I can remember how we all thought it would have been so great to have seen the battle that lead to the DS transmission plans being intercepted. Its going to be dark because the survival rate for the Rebels must have been close to zero but just think how they could make it look, in many ways it will be the truest prequel to "SW:A New Hope" we could ever have wished for.
What a time to be a Star Wars Fan!!!!!!!!

Being someone who remembers 'STAR WARS' when that's all it was; none of this 'episode 4' nonsense, when they rebadged it as 'Ep 4' I always assumed if they made episodes 1,2 3, they would end with the blockade runner racing off with the stolen plans... how wrong I was!

[expletives deleted] Really...? Here, I'd been hoping the "Rogue" in the title was going to be something of a misdirect -- some agent Rogue Group would have been named in honor of. I've spent years trying to compensate for the fact that George used "squadron" and "group" pretty much interchangeably. His overuse of "Commander" I can rationalize far more easily. I had happily settled into the viewpoint that Gold, Red, and Blue Squadrons were elements of Rogue Group; that post-Yavin Wedge became Red Leader and Luke remained Red Five (his X-Wing in ESB and ROTJ still had the five hatchmarks on the wings), but that by ESB Luke had been promoted to CAG. The myth of Rogue Squadron (words never spoken on screen or in the novelizations of the films) is one I've fought against for over a decade and now... *sigh*

Bugger.

--Jonah

I never thought of this before, but is the red five in jedi the same as the one in empire?

Because he abandoned that one at cloud cuty

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's a year and a half between films. I figure Luke would have gone back for it prior to heading to Tatooine. With the Big EU Reset, we now have that time as a blank canvas again.

--Jonah

So it is kind of a plot hole. Remember. The empire had taken control of the city

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

[expletives deleted] Really...? Here, I'd been hoping the "Rogue" in the title was going to be something of a misdirect -- some agent Rogue Group would have been named in honor of. I've spent years trying to compensate for the fact that George used "squadron" and "group" pretty much interchangeably. His overuse of "Commander" I can rationalize far more easily. I had happily settled into the viewpoint that Gold, Red, and Blue Squadrons were elements of Rogue Group; that post-Yavin Wedge became Red Leader and Luke remained Red Five (his X-Wing in ESB and ROTJ still had the five hatchmarks on the wings), but that by ESB Luke had been promoted to CAG. The myth of Rogue Squadron (words never spoken on screen or in the novelizations of the films) is one I've fought against for over a decade and now... *sigh*

Bugger.

--Jonah

Rogue One has nothing to do with an X-Wing squadron by that name.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused why people are suddenly talking about Rogue Squadron here? Because they are looking for extras to play X-wing pilots?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back