Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Who the heck wrote this story release?!
Didn't realize there was a Will Smith movie released on same day. Pretty sure it's gonna get deadshot outta the water. Thought the Fett movie was a no go (really disappointed about that one). How in the H*ll does the lineup of countries get a 14th release date? Come on now.

Again its a very smart " new " media move. It means that the building wave of reviews crests on the shores of the US just before the release hits there , so you'll get the best opening possible . It also extends the box office for that week, meaning it will get a reasonable chance off matching the TFA totals, otherwise the headlines will be "Standalones totally fail to hit TFA heights". Make no mistake ,there is huge amount of interest in just how this movie ,particularly as a SW standalone, performs. TFA broke so many BO records its going to be a stretch so its a gamble, given if the feedback is a bit negative to do it this way. My guess is with the completed film the preview feedback at the studios is already so strong Disney has said "lets get this out there and go for it".
The affection for the original trilogy is so massive amongst the SW fan base and ,given how brilliantly the film trailers have managed to echo so many references back to those films , with the strong possibly of even more stunning visuals effects and set pieces coupled with a new cast and story, I'm hoping and betting that they have created an absolute mega hit once again.
Just over fifty days now!!!!

Last edited:
They way i heard it are those are the countries that typically got it after the US and studios believed lost a big hit there due to piracy.

My buddy, who is the director of editing on the set of rogue one, said that rogue one is nowhere NEAR finished filming.

He said they have notabley been been slacking for quite some time and he's not sure if it's all going to be finished by the dead line due to having to send it through critics before it releases to theaters..

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

My buddy, who is the director of editing on the set of rogue one, said that rogue one is nowhere NEAR finished filming.

He said they have notabley been been slacking for quite some time and he's not sure if it's all going to be finished by the dead line due to having to send it through critics before it releases to theaters..

Alex

This would be no surprise.

A friend of mine was supposed to work on that star trek TV show and she said there's no way they will meet their deadline. They have nothing at this point. They've built some scenery, but no one has any idea how it will be used

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This would be no surprise.

A friend of mine was supposed to work on that star trek TV show and she said there's no way they will meet their deadline. They have nothing at this point. They've built some scenery, but no one has any idea how it will be used

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a buddy who delivers pizzas on a bicycle and he is surprised anyone gets their deliveries room temp much less at all.

But they are supposed to star shooting in November, and as of a couple of weeks ago, they didn't even have directors.

The show is listed as "green harvest"

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I think you mean POST PRODUCTION.

Filming is long since done!

Alex

Alex

your friends initials aren't J.T. is it...?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back