Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I never liked the GEL version. I always use the Professional Liquid version of Loctite. If you use the liquid, be careful to not get too much on the very top lip of the midsole (Where the fabric touches) or else it will bleed into the fabric and you'll have little glue stains.

However I love the control a gel glue gives me as well as the minimization of it seeping upwards. I suggest you test try both and see which works best for you.

As I finish the last 2 pairs for members here, I thought I would go ahead and mod the toe of my last pair of 10's I have....

null_zpsa3f0379b.jpg

null_zpscf3cba08.jpg

+1 for the control gel. It's what I used for the toe slim, clear sole parts, and heel cup LEDs. Holds great and doesn't run. Wow Brad, you're still working on some pairs!?!?! You are a machine!

+1 for the control gel. It's what I used for the toe slim, clear sole parts, and heel cup LEDs. Holds great and doesn't run. Wow Brad, you're still working on some pairs!?!?! You are a machine!

LOL! I can not WAIT to be finished with all of these. Although I am going to be collaborating with a shoe customizer and do a COMPLETELY new color MAG along with different EL and LED's...It will be a mashup between BTTF and another movie....

Is there any other REPS. That look closer to the 2011 then the V2 if so how much would those been if you know thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Heyy Jedifyfe When your doing modifications for NIKE MAG Replicas Please let me know

Is that a serious question? A 9v is huuuge there's no way you could put a 9v in that buckle without it looking ridiculous.

Is there any other REPS. That look closer to the 2011 then the V2 if so how much would those been if you know thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Heyy Jedifyfe When your doing modifications for NIKE MAG Replicas Please let me know

There are no other replicas closer to the 2011 release than Cloneprops at the moment. That is the closest other than the V2.

However, My custom scratch made uppers for the V2 will be virtually identical to the 2011 Replicas and will be the most accurate of them all.

I will post up some pictures when completed. I did some more tweaking, perfecting the shape, seriously close now!

I found this shirt at ShopKo for $8, the fabric looks nice, it stretches a bit and is super breathable. Here it is compared to the MP shoe

554993_4626701365144_896888625_n.jpg

I checked with my local JoAnn, they don't have it. All they have is neon swimwear Lycra, so I've been searching everywhere I see something similar lol

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I finally finished my first pair of fully modded Nike Air Mag V2's! The only thing that they don't have are the DC charge ports built into the buckle, updated splatter paint, and completed matte finish spray to bubble (even though I have everything needed to do these mods in the future).
IMG_3342.JPG

Sorry for the funky colors but I only can get a clear picture when I use the flash on my camera (the EL's are so bright!)

I would like to thank JediFyfe, Taff, DL4567, and others here on the RPF and this thread for helping me to complete my V2 modifications. Along the way I have fine tuned a couple of things and found out what seemed to work best for me in regards to the LED's in the bubble. It took me multiple boards and soldering hours but I finally found the 3mm LED's that gave me an even green, yellow, and red coloring and didn't shine so bright as to merge the yellow with the red and create a bright orange glow in the bubble. The solution came from 3mm LED's I found at my local Fry's Electronics Store (see picture). These LED's run at 10ma instead of 20ma and combined with the 100 ohm 1/8 watt resistors they gave me look I wanted. I tried several other LED's from the shopping list, and from my local Radio Shack with the 10 ohm 1/2 watt resistors but they didn't seem to work out for me.
IMG_3349.JPG

Lastly, thanks JediFyfe for posting your methods and encouraging me to try the mods on my own (instead of paying you to do them). I learned a lot about working on shoes, building circuits, and electronics in general. Also being able to wear the shoes that I saw as a kid and fell in love with, is a dream come true. Haha, I can even remember once when I was at Universal Studios LA and was picked to be Marty in a BTTF backlot special effects show. In the show was a hoverboard prop and at the age of 9 or 10 I can distinctly remember pondering whether or not I should try to take (basically steal) that hoverboard prop! LOL finally after all those years I now have my own BTTF props!

Awe shucks....You made me blush!

Congrats man! they look great! I wish others would try and make these themselves. I like watching all the builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back