Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys some of you are very talented! I order a v2 pair from karin and a few days later the electric stuff gone wrong. So i decided to open the shoes in order to replace everything. I will learn from you i hope :) 20130531_201337.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information AirAir! I will just wait and hope Nike releases some sort of a mags in 2015...and be happy with my V2's

I know these uppers inside out now and the v2 ones are a joke in comparison.

So when do we get to see your work? Given what you have shown so far, I think we are in for a treat.

Guys some of you are very talented! I order a v2 pair from karin and a few days later the electric stuff gone wrong. So i decided to open the shoes in order to replace everything. I will learn from you i hope :)
nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-20130531_201337.jpg-218631d1376237583

I think in many ways the Chinese made this way more complicated than it needed to be and placing the electronics in the sole was not the best idea.

So who's going to attempt to spray their shoes with NeverWet first? Might be a great idea to give the inside electronics a little added protection against any accidental water contact. My v2's will only be for my movie display, so I won't try on them. I am going to pick a pair of my regular shoes for times I need to go out in the rain.

Compare the '89 vs the V2 and you're pretty close minus the toe box. Also, that 89' toe box is so sick! I'd love a pair of the sock-style fronts.

If you could remove the foam, you'd probably find the toe would take on that shape without 'correction'. I've been squashing them and they are beginning to loose their boot shape to the point where they actually look OK from the front. They still have the rounded front and will continue to do so whilst that foam and toe box remains inside.

Here's an HD video I made of my modded V2 Mags. It's less than a minute long so you can take quick looksie :)
[video=vimeo;72173710]http://vimeo.com/72173710[/video]
http://vimeo.com/72173710
Camera: Canon T2i
Lens: Nifty Fifty
Software: Adobe After Effects
Music: Yours Truly (Me)
Subject: My Sweet V2 Mags

Last edited:
Hello guys! I'm Jay I 22years, I live in France.
Brad, I've seen all your videos on youtube and I love you're nike air mag! I saw your room collector and I find it too cool! I hope one day to do the same things with my favorite movies!
Living in France Nike Air Mag was not even sold in France and at auction on ebay Mag the French did not even have the right to bid .. Conclusion it n 'there is no Mag in France .. : (
But being a big fan I am looking for anyway to have the Nike Mag. I would have the most powerful battery can ...

Despite the tutorial I am unable to make me look mag myself :/ Someone help me get my air mag to me?

Thank you in advance guys!

Last edited:
Impressive. Have you moved the switch from the tongue to collar?

No I haven't. I prefer keeping it with all the other electronics. I'm seriously thinking about buying a 3D printer to help me create a compact housing and wiring case to place in the tongue. This 3D case will hold the 9volt battery, complex wiring, and on/off switch all in one small package. I'm still drafting some designs by sketch.

Hey guys, all of your mods are AMAZING. I jut got my pair of Mags yesterday and I've watched all of Jedifyfe's videos and read threw literally every page of this thread. And am planning to try this myself. But I'm worried cause there's different versions of this shoe. Are they all made the same way?

Hey guys, all of your mods are AMAZING. I jut got my pair of Mags yesterday and I've watched all of Jedifyfe's videos and read threw literally every page of this thread. And am planning to try this myself. But I'm worried cause there's different versions of this shoe. Are they all made the same way?

I have done about 9 conversions and yes they are all made the same way. Though I can say that some are better made (or harder to take apart) than others. Sometimes the toe mod is slightly easier on one pair and then VERY difficult on another, due to how they glued it to begin with. That also goes for the sole separation part of the conversion as well. Sometimes the soles release from the midsole easily and sometimes not. It's frustrating but TAKE YOUR TIME...there is no rush. If you rush it, they will turn out like crap. The old adage is "measure twice, cut once"....meaning check your work before you cut or glue.

I definitely will, I actually was thinking about waiting until I buy a second pair so I can have a back up haha. I've never done anything like this so I'm kind of scared. Especially considering how much these shoes cost (with shipping I spent about $300)

Start with the toe mod first. Once you have that done, then move onto installing the EL in the soles, then the LED's. The toe mod is the biggest area where it can make or break the conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back