Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the border is cut off, there is a line all around the edges that isn't entirely clear like the rest of the bubble due to the natural imperfections of cutting it off and I matched that up with the heel cup and that's where you need to glue it back. I hope that makes sense. When you actually do it, you will know what I'm talking about.

I found that it's easier to just match the ankle bubble up with the back of the heel cup. It sticks out a little less than the other way I said how to do it, but the way I just told you is easier to do and has a better glue bond. And if someone here does do this mod, make sure to do a section at a time. The ankle bubble tends to pop out of place a lot if you try to glue it all at once.

And my LEDs are 12v. Taff put them in a different circuit setup than you. I'm not going to tinker around with it anymore though. I ordered a set for my shoes from Robert. He also threw in a whole sheet of strap labels for me for free. :)

Because I am AWESOME! *Pats self on the back* I really hope you like what I've sent you. I worked really hard to get everything as nice as possible for you.

Because I am AWESOME! *Pats self on the back* I really hope you like what I've sent you. I worked really hard to get everything as nice as possible for you.

Yes you are. I can't thank you enough Robert. I'm sure I'll be even more glad once I receive them.

Last edited:
I solder the LED boards up parallel with no resistors, I'm sure I posted a pic pages back :?

I've been a bit inactive recently but when I have had time I've been working on my black/red mags.. Not finished yet as I still have the laces and red nike tick to do but here's a pic anyway :)

Attachments

• h5wSLI9.jpg
    h5wSLI9.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 202
I solder the LED boards up parallel with no resistors, I'm sure I posted a pic pages back :?

I've been a bit inactive recently but when I have had time I've been working on my black/red mags.. Not finished yet as I still have the laces and red nike tick to do but here's a pic anyway :)

Love it! Well done! :)

Beatiful red mags,congrats Taff!!!!!!

I'm thinking of permanently attaching the ankle buckles to my shoes. Is this a good idea? And how would I do it?

I'm thinking of permanently attaching the ankle buckles to my shoes. Is this a good idea? And how would I do it?

Loctite or Super glue will work BUT, I don't recommend permanently attaching the buckles to the shoe for two reasons:

1) When you take the strap off, it puts a lot of pressure or stress on the strap itself if the buckle can't move.
2) If the EL detaches from the wire tape or you need to fix the EL for any reason, you will destroy the shoes trying to do so.

My recommendation is to use industrial Velcro to semi permanently attach the buckles.

Ok cool thanks. The reason I asked is because my pair are rechargeable and I don't want the ankle buckle to come off and have loose wires coming from the shoe to the DC jack.

Hello, who has make the configuration with wy-eli iptc inverter 3V and battery 3,7V 1800 mah ( PS3)???

Because inverters work 10 minutes and stops, and does not restart any more.
Already several times the same thing with these inverters!
Is it the products of the seller which are chicken or the power of the battery which
destroys the inverter,
because in full load the batteries deliver until 4,2V neighborhood.
Thank you for sharing if you had this problem.

Has anyone sprayed their shoes with Scotch Guard or something similar? How dirty do these really get with occasional use? Handling them so much during the modding process, it does seem like the material isn't the most practical for shoes.

the material the shoes have is some plain polyester or some sort of fabric.
most shoes will be leather or if sneakers, leather and some other synthetic materials so they can widthstand rain and dirt easily.

these mag v2s not so much. Basically, if they get stained or dirty, then you will just have to clean them as best as possible.

and yes, after doing some mods, the fabric looses it "new" feel and it just becomes worn out very quickly.

the original movie mag shoe used plain stretch fabric, and i guess the RD shoes use a similar but probably higher quality fabric.

Even those RD shoes would probably get worn out quickly if being used every day, but those with RD shoes are unlikely to be wearing them!

Hello, who has make the configuration with wy-eli iptc inverter 3V and battery 3,7V 1800 mah ( PS3)???

Is it the products of the seller which are Some **** or the power of the battery which
destroys the inverter,
because the PS3 battery in full load deliver until 4,2V:
A connoisseur for this problem?
SHARE WOULD BE COOL!!! Facepalm

Is it the products of the seller which are Some **** or the power of the battery which
destroys the inverter,
SHARE WOULD BE COOL!!! Facepalm[/QUOTE]

did you ask cloneprops?
i think he used same type of battery?

destroys the inverter,
SHARE WOULD BE COOL!!! Facepalm
[/QUOTE]

OK, thank you airair, I sent a message to cloneprops,
but I found my problem later. Enfaite, the negative wire of the inverter and wire el nike & el sole did not like the weld!
I have redo the connection and all is well.
I put some photos of my pair soon to end.
The paint of the sole is missing to be painted (as the back heel), not to be afraid!
The lights seem low with the camera because I have captured in broad daylight but the effect is just as I wished.
Because too much power for leds gives a confusion of color, but there, we distinguish better couleurs.mais it is my choice!
I would go back with capture of my mags once to end.
:)
IMAG1271.jpgIMAG1167.jpgIMAG1171.jpg
IMAG1273.jpgIMAG1270.jpgIMAG1274.jpgIMAG1278.jpg
IMAG1279.jpgIMAG1280.jpg

Last edited:
OK, thank you airair, I sent a message to cloneprops,
but I found my problem later. Enfaite, the negative wire of the inverter and wire el nike & el sole did not like the weld!
I have redo the connection and all is well.
I put some photos of my pair soon to end.
The paint of the sole is missing to be painted (as the back heel), not to be afraid!
The lights seem low with the camera because I have captured in broad daylight but the effect is just as I wished.
Because too much power for leds gives a confusion of color, but there, we distinguish better couleurs.mais it is my choice!
I would go back with capture of my mags once to end.
:)
View attachment 185289View attachment 185284View attachment 185285
View attachment 185286View attachment 185287View attachment 185288View attachment 185290
View attachment 185293View attachment 185294

where is your inverter/battery placed? do you have any pictures?

I am so happy that with my crazy r&d I did on my v1 I was at least able to come up with a few helpful techniques for the shoes and it really means a lot to me to see others value my opinions with ironing the laces and even extending the toe front. I doubt Ill ever finish my v1's, it turned into a hole too large to dig myself out of but the few techniques I shared and the use they have obtained make it well worth it to myself. Great work everyone! When I eventually get the v2's at least now I have zero thinking to do when it comes to modding them as you all have done a very great job documenting the modding process.

where is your inverter/battery placed? do you have any pictures?

Here are some photos:
Everything is in the sole, but it is necessary accentuated in length.
And, I have a controller of load for battery lithium in the back buckle.

Anybody would have an idea of the fabric to be used (link)? Because I have to redo a pair of mag with another color.
Friendly Mag.

IMAG1286.jpgIMAG1276.jpgIMAG1284.jpgIMAG1285.jpgIMAG1292.jpgIMAG1295.jpgIMAG1291.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back