Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Wow, this is the busiest this thread has been in quite a long time. I can't wait to see the side by side comparison of these HCs and the V2s so we can all see how good/bad or ugly they really are :popcorn

Everyone seems to get my name wrong lol. Its Greeky btw And im not here to start arguments or anything. I think freddytv and I have made peace with one another over my admittedly harsh comments but Lear60man we all have our own opinions and a right to express them. I think from here on out we make peace with it all and get back to our regularly scheduled viewing of some vastly talented individuals

My two cents is that I would take accurate over official any day.

We all know that most companies that obtain a license for movie props are soley after making as much money as possible and don't give a rats ass about accuracy. HC has produced an inferior product compared to an unlicensed company, end of story.

Agree totally thats why I purchased V2's. Regardless of how they are made or why they are still official licenced products and not fake - that is a fact.

You are correct. They are fake. I personally have no issue wearing these as I don't pretend or try to deceive people into thinking that my replicas are real. I have the real MAGs but choose not to wear them. I have no issue with other people wanting to buy fakes as long as they don't try to pretend or trick people into believing that they are legit. There are two schools of people wanting the MAGs. There are BTTF fans that have always wanted these shoes because of the movie and there are the sneakerheads that want these because they are exclusive shoes. What I see is that BTTF fans want the accurate V2's and the sneakerheads want a licensed shoe no matter how inaccurate or "hilarious" looking it may be. I agree with Airair that the HC are goofy looking.

This is how i feel about it. Id rather have something that looks closer to the actual on screen product than something that is licensed. I collect sneakers and while i wouldnt buy or wear fake Jordans, i dont see a problem owning the V2s. now, it is a problem if youre trying to pass them off for the real Nike pair. but if you buy them and wear them on their own merit, i dont see anything wrong with that. Ive already made changes to my pair so they fall more in the realm of a custom more than anything else. I tried to get the HC ones and they sold out instantly. People are trying to charge 250-400 for them and that is absurd. A friend offered me the V2s for 175 shipped, which is a price i couldnt say no to. The changing of their appearance is a fun project, like building a model kit. Even if i ruined them, at the end of the day theyre only a replica.

Here are slightly better pics of the toebox slim. Ive included a shot of where i accidentally singed the fabric. I dont think its too bad and i learned quickly from the experience

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

You are correct. They are fake. I personally have no issue wearing these as I don't pretend or try to deceive people into thinking that my replicas are real. I have the real MAGs but choose not to wear them. I have no issue with other people wanting to buy fakes as long as they don't try to pretend or trick people into believing that they are legit. There are two schools of people wanting the MAGs. There are BTTF fans that have always wanted these shoes because of the movie and there are the sneakerheads that want these because they are exclusive shoes. What I see is that BTTF fans want the accurate V2's and the sneakerheads want a licensed shoe no matter how inaccurate or "hilarious" looking it may be. I agree with Airair that the HC are goofy looking.

Fully agreed when I posted I ordered them on my insta it stats they are fake. I'm a mix im a sneakerhead and a bttf fan! I want as accurate as possible and I intend on modding! Love your insta page started following u yesterday!

This is how i feel about it. Id rather have something that looks closer to the actual on screen product than something that is licensed. I collect sneakers and while i wouldnt buy or wear fake Jordans, i dont see a problem owning the V2s. now, it is a problem if youre trying to pass them off for the real Nike pair. but if you buy them and wear them on their own merit, i dont see anything wrong with that. Ive already made changes to my pair so they fall more in the realm of a custom more than anything else. I tried to get the HC ones and they sold out instantly. People are trying to charge 250-400 for them and that is absurd. A friend offered me the V2s for 175 shipped, which is a price i couldnt say no to. The changing of their appearance is a fun project, like building a model kit. Even if i ruined them, at the end of the day theyre only a replica.

Here are slightly better pics of the toebox slim. Ive included a shot of where i accidentally singed the fabric. I dont think its too bad and i learned quickly from the experience

View attachment 387647View attachment 387648View attachment 387649

Great job. You got a good deal on them.

Great job. You got a good deal on them.

thanks bro much appreciated. ill be needing your help with the electrical process. im good at external modifications but no nothing in that area. you and jedifyfe are masters of your craft.

something that may help you guys out with the soles is sole dye. its basically just rit dye and sea glow, and its sold on ebay. it will cover the yellowing on your soles and turn them a tinted blue like the RD Mags.

the splattering needed a big upgrade. mines isnt perfect, but its a upgrade. the RD mags had a turquoise greyish hue due to abundance of speckles used.

Just a little constructive criticism... the strap logo would look a lot better if the light wasn't leaking onto the tongue behind. Maybe there's a way to seal up the LED in the back?
Those clear soles look great.

Thank you. I like my soles too.

My strap logo is currently a heat formed piece of Perspex and the LED is just touching the surface at the end. One of clear elastomer projects (because I will always have excess when pouring the soles) is to make up a stepped part with the NIKE logo embedded and a small dent that the LED can sit in. That would to do two things - minimize the stray light and give the strap a nice flexible part that is more robust that EL panel.

Another option is EL wire where you place black heat shrink where you don't want the light to come from. That way just the strap logo could be lit.

Sounds like a good plan for your strap in the future, but in the meantime, are you able to put tape or something on the back of the strap, over the LED and Perspex to contain the light to just the logo?

If you like the light spilling onto the tongue, that's perfectly ok, just tell me and I'll shut up. :)

I agree with Airair that the HC are goofy looking.

Last thing I will say about these unit we see side by sides is that they look like a cloth version of the formerly PVC V1 now sporting a V2 sole and Heel Cup.

Sounds like a good plan for your strap in the future, but in the meantime, are you able to put tape or something on the back of the strap, over the LED and Perspex to contain the light to just the logo?

If you like the light spilling onto the tongue, that's perfectly ok, just tell me and I'll shut up. :)

No, all good. Actually I didn't use tape, just attempted to hide the LED inside the velcro. I did attempt to block the light with a super black pen, but that idea bombed as the ink left stains on the tongue that won't come off - even with acetone.

As for this rubber, apparently if I am to "dust the molds" with tac, the surface will go cloudy. This might just be what is needed for the soles to make them opaque. As for this strap part, I want the front clear but the back opaque, so might do an open back mold and dust the clear whist in gel state.

I am also thinking about making a new ankle bubble that will stick out much further than the current part. Given that is supposed to be frosted, I would dust that mold before I poured.

Just clarify my POV and squash any misconception...I think the mod work you guys do to your V2 Mags is AWESOME. I would love to own a pair of V2s and probably will eventually. I simply got the HC Mags because they were cheap and look decently cool in my opinion. But I do agree that V2s are leaps and bounds better.

Sometimes things get lost in text. I never intended to insult or criticize anyone's taste.

Keep doing great work guys.

FreddyTV i think you got jumped on from the get go. I know how much you wanted the real Mags. I'm happy that you're happy. That's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also thinking about making a new ankle bubble that will stick out much further than the current part.

This is possible without making a whole new one. I was the first person to do this. Sorry for the bad quality. I took these pictures with a PSP camera. You just cut the big border around the bubble off and re glue the piece to stick out more.
DSC00207_zps28fb45dd.jpg

DSC00209_zps8be45872.jpg

DSC00208_zps66a39166.jpg

It's a pity the haloween versions didn't come out before the V2's, then we would have seen a steady progression of improvement, from MP's to V1 to HC to V2. Oh well. If you didn't already have a V2 like the most of us, the haloween ones are at least priced well enough. It sure would be nice if the plans for the RD uppers are able to be made with V2 soles. That would be a sufficent V3 I think. And you never know, maybe there will be a mass-produced MAG from Nike we can afford next year (though the Command Force Pumps are going to sell for $200 so even MAGs that don't self-lace will probably be even more, sigh.....

I have a pair of V2's on the way, but I may get a pair from HC anyway. I'm planning on walking in next year's DragonCon parade, and I think I'd rather do that in the $100 ones instead of the V2's. I'll probably baby the V2's or just end up making them a display piece. I'd be less heartbroken ruining the HC's than I would the V2's. by walking around in them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back