Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

So I know everyone scared to wear v3 cause of el panels. So here. Not glued or anything but here are the fake panels I designed so they will never break. They are brighter than the els and can see in daytime nicely. New electronics most likely is needed but when I have time I will think of a way to wire into your system for minimal cuts. But hey here you go. Perfect color in person and looks great.
You know i need these fake el panels... In red... Pm me a quote or via dm on IG

So I know everyone scared to wear v3 cause of el panels. So here. Not glued or anything but here are the fake panels I designed so they will never break. They are brighter than the els and can see in daytime nicely. New electronics most likely is needed but when I have time I will think of a way to wire into your system for minimal cuts. But hey here you go. Perfect color in person and looks great.
What is lighting these? LEDs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I know, right! Hopefully not. Think I'm gonna email them and see what they say about these defects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good for you, well we all know they are knock offs but for the price you still want a decent product! I'm still holding off till they fix a couple of the problems. And till I even think about ordering a pair! (Even though they look so good) hope they help you sort your problem (I feel it for you) all the best :)

Looking good. That board needs some Mattel stickers though [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a black hole :)

Every time I have had an electrical fail, it has been a broken wire, not the EL panel itself.

Looks good thought.

I made a hover board skate board to ride around at a Halloween party. More functional than accurate. Wish I had v3s :( though. image.jpeg

Ya that's why I wish I had v3s. The v2s modded are pretty good for now. I have to fix the el panels the wires broke from being worn all day.

Typically of the V2's crappy wiring. Mine broke just 3 days into owning them. Even if you did a full wire replacement (as i did), there is still heaps of tension that gets placed on them due to the way our foot moves when walking etc. The wires just don't have the same elasticity and break.

I bought these premoded so I havent worked with ELs. Where does the wire go. anywhere I put it it doesn't light up. Except when I get lucky and hit the spot and it all turn on but then when I look of course I move it. image.jpgimage.jpg
Edit:Oops looks like I cracked the panel and will need a new one. There isn't a way to repairs these is there? I think I read you can iron them or something.

Last edited:
These pics make me think the V2.1 might not be all bad..... except for that huge swoosh, I'm sure they're getting bigger with every release.
View attachment 679081View attachment 679082
Though after getting V3's, a V.21 at $312 is too high a price.
pop the super-clear sole on from the RC versions, and that's what the V2 should have always been.....
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-...recinfo=8,108,4#cppd-4-5|null:108:r0954015383

LOL, I think now that you are used to seeing the correct size on the V3, these earlier versions do look too big.

I agree, too expensive for what they are and they V2 should have looked like this from day 1.

I bought these premoded so I havent worked with ELs. Where does the wire go. anywhere I put it it doesn't light up. Except when I get lucky and hit the spot and it all turn on but then when I look of course I move it. View attachment 679061View attachment 679062
Edit:Oops looks like I cracked the panel and will need a new one. There isn't a way to repairs these is there? I think I read you can iron them or something.

Looks like you will need to replace the panels. Also your side rubber sole is looking a bit worse for wear now too.

Every time I have had an electrical fail, it has been a broken wire, not the EL panel itself.

Were yours breaking like in the middle of the wires at pinch points? Like the wire itself wearing through? Or breaking at solder points/connectors?

If.. anyone is interested...

Https://m.imgur.com/a/DRIRV

US only. Paypal gift only.
I don't have a set price.
Here's everything wrong with them:
Left shoe: EL panel front pod blown out. Ground Lead into battery is broken (easily resoldered). Charging port broken (25 cents on ebay.)
Right shoe: everything works from what I know. Charges but they're low on batteries right now so I'll take a fresh pic when I can. The right shoe, the button to turn on the lights had to be fixed several times (notice the stitching)
NORMAL WEAR: soles are dirty as ****. Nike mag in the back is stripping off (easy fix).
If you want to wear a pair of kicks without the lights or want a project shoe, this is perfect for you. Box optional, I can send it but it'll cost you extra.

Velcro is pretty beat up on the straps. Will need to be replaced soon.

These pics make me think the V2.1 might not be all bad..... except for that huge swoosh, I'm sure they're getting bigger with every release.
View attachment 679081View attachment 679082
Though after getting V3's, a V.21 at $312 is too high a price.
pop the super-clear sole on from the RC versions, and that's what the V2 should have always been.....
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-...recinfo=8,108,4#cppd-4-5|null:108:r0954015383

I wouldn't pay that. I'm still waiting for the seller I'm working with to get back to me when my size is in stock. If it turns out to actually be V2.1 it will be sub-$200 price.

I wish they had just put the RC tech in the V2.1 body.

Were yours breaking like in the middle of the wires at pinch points? Like the wire itself wearing through? Or breaking at solder points/connectors?

The very first pair I wired, I had solder joints break. After leaning how to solve that issue,I found that it was the wires themselves rubbing against the fabric that became problematic. In the last case (about a year ago now, since I have had EL in my shoes) the wires had worn all the way down to copper. And the two copper sides were shorting out on each other.

So I used to solder, then double insulate the connections with both heat shrink and electrical tape. Short of winding electrical tape all over the wires, I honestly don't know how to prevent the rubbing.

This is why I continue to run Glow In The Dark. I can wear my shoes all day and not have a short out, broken wire, don't have to worry about being caught in the rain of some dick spilling their drink on my shoes.

My V2s are old and looking tatty, so time for a V3 upgrade. I'll baby them and hopefully they will last at a few weeks.

BTW, how long does davidjones888 take to respond to Skype? Given we only have 2 hour time difference, I would have thought we would be online at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back