Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

As far as I'm concerned, the 'V3PL' is all just wishful thinking.

The replicators managed to get hold of a genuine pair of RD, yet the dimensions of every individual part that comprises the V3 is still not 100% accurate to the RD. There's been talk of the differences being potentially down to trying to get closer to the movie prop shoe, which we all know is utter rubbish, due to the fact they're in the business of catering to the sneakerheads, not prop collectors.

We've got almost a 100% guarantee that all of the shoes will develop faults with the electronics, the only pairs that aren't broken are the ones that aren't being worn & are kept in complete darkness in an attempt to stop the already yellow soles yellowing even more. We're at the point where multiple pairs are being declined via the QC photos due to the shoddy assembly, yet we're holding out for a powerlace version, of which they will never get their hands on an authentic pair to reverse engineer, hoping that they can shove the Hyperadapt technology into a Mag.

There's videos floating around of laces moving in & out of a 40% assembled shoe, shot very badly with the shoe sitting on top of a sheet of thick cardboard that immediately sets the alarm bells going anyway, yet apparently they might pop up on a site very soon at a retail of $1500!?! Utter craziness.

Until they can fully replicate a shoe that they already have in their possession to a level of quality near comparable to the authentic that contains 6 year old technology, then I'll believe they might stand a slim chance of replicating a essentially 'mythical' product with moving parts & to a level of quality that means the laces will do their job to support the shoe & foot, holding it place without snapping, burning out servos, stripping gearing or the thousands of other variables they're throwing into the mix.

There's not a chance the manufacturing staff are going to be able to throw together PLs the way they throw these lights only versions together & expect them to work if they can't get this right already. These are simple issues.

For those reasons, I'm gonna say that proper V3PL is not happening anytime soon, unless one of the talented folk on this forum bring it to the table.

As far as I'm concerned, the 'V3PL' is all just wishful thinking.

The replicators managed to get hold of a genuine pair of RD, yet the dimensions of every individual part that comprises the V3 is still not 100% accurate to the RD. There's been talk of the differences being potentially down to trying to get closer to the movie prop shoe, which we all know is utter rubbish, due to the fact they're in the business of catering to the sneakerheads, not prop collectors.

We've got almost a 100% guarantee that all of the shoes will develop faults with the electronics, the only pairs that aren't broken are the ones that aren't being worn & are kept in complete darkness in an attempt to stop the already yellow soles yellowing even more. We're at the point where multiple pairs are being declined via the QC photos due to the shoddy assembly, yet we're holding out for a powerlace version, of which they will never get their hands on an authentic pair to reverse engineer, hoping that they can shove the Hyperadapt technology into a Mag.

There's videos floating around of laces moving in & out of a 40% assembled shoe, shot very badly with the shoe sitting on top of a sheet of thick cardboard that immediately sets the alarm bells going anyway, yet apparently they might pop up on a site very soon at a retail of $1500!?! Utter craziness.

Until they can fully replicate a shoe that they already have in their possession to a level of quality near comparable to the authentic that contains 6 year old technology, then I'll believe they might stand a slim chance of replicating a essentially 'mythical' product with moving parts & to a level of quality that means the laces will do their job to support the shoe & foot, holding it place without snapping, burning out servos, stripping gearing or the thousands of other variables they're throwing into the mix.

There's not a chance the manufacturing staff are going to be able to throw together PLs the way they throw these lights only versions together & expect them to work if they can't get this right already. These are simple issues.

For those reasons, I'm gonna say that proper V3PL is not happening anytime soon, unless one of the talented folk on this forum bring it to the table.

You do have some valid points, but remember the people saying the V3 would never come out? Now look where we are.

You do have some valid points, but remember the people saying the V3 would never come out? Now look where we are.

Yep, we all own $500 knock-off sneakers with electronics that break just by looking at them...

Also, I said that I don't think proper functional & wearable versions will happen anytime soon, not that they will 'never' happen.

Last edited:
This one is really bad... I wonder if this was on the qc pics ?

could you post some pictures of the box ? With close ups on the angles and what lies under the foam ?

Just checked the QC photos, it is on there but not easy to see it on there
103462a7fb9f527f62f1893b6e0ab148.jpg
4dceacd3b8edd3fea0d468e00c3debaf.jpg

Sure, I can't right now but I can take some tomorrow night when I'm in from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So guys, how long should I charge my V3s up for? Don't wanna overcharge them or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually concerned about this

1a85b05275c4fcea8d87580736796dab.jpg

Is that a split in the sole or just the light?

- - - Updated - - -
GullBull the V2s are fine. A V2.1 (slim toe) would have been better because one of the hardest mods is done. For the price, the V2 is good value considering all of us pair $250 each for our pairs that we then ripped apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to agree and disagree. I also think it would be the computer reading sensors. A glitch will occur in one of them when it gets faulty and bad things will start happening when computer tries to read values from sensors. No different than v3 computer boards freezing up and on off button stops working etc etc. a robot is only as smart and durable as its computer. cavx

Powerlaces is a long deep conversation about mechanics, and limitations, and overcoming problems. Everything you have seen done so far is because all the people stopped at reality and at the limitations they thought existed in front of them. I hit these same limitations. And that's where I am different and going to try to stand out. I saw past the limitations. My reality was different. God gave me the way. Stay tuned. cavx

- - - Updated - - -

Easy as in I could make a "processorless" system in 5 min of soltering easy cavx

wow, I always worried about over-charging them and doing some damage. Didn't expect they'd have a charge controller, being a knockoff and all. I usually just plug them in for 4 hours and set a reminder alarm on my iPod Touch to unplug them. Been doing it that way that since my first pair of V2s.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back