Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I'm well aware of how to spot the Sport Mag. I linked it because he said $117 and that's the only $117 Mag I've seen on there so far, of any kind.

It was for the benefit of the other guy. Quoting you was just easier at the time and helps keep this conversation flowing.

It was for the benefit of the other guy. Quoting you was just easier at the time and helps keep this conversation flowing.

On that note, I would have to say ultimately that it is probably too early for V2 to get pushed under $160 due to V3.

Anything around $100 is gonna be a no-brand, the HC or the Sport.

Lol this was odd and seems random, I got a facebook friend request from someone in China, 0 friends in common... so about 10 mins ago I check my filtered messages, not one word typed, but there are 18 photos from this person and they're all of the V2.1 MAG :eek

Edit: here's what I got
IMG_20161024_010442.jpg

On their profile they sell all kinds of replica shoes, but the asking price for a black/gold MAG is $699

Has anyone tried to de-frost the heel bubble on the V3's yet without removing the lights? I'd be curious if it changes when heat is applied with a hair dryer. Seen this method have a temporary effect on air units that get foggy. It's a stretch but I'd try it myself if I had the opportunity

I painted a clear paint onto the heel bubble as it's not a flexible part. I sprayed the clear into the can's lid, then applied it to the ankle bubble while the shoe was lying on its side. Turned out well. But it dries quickly, so you have to hurry and be careful at the same time! Try it on some other plastics first before working on the V3's to make sure you know how the paint behaves - you don't want it to leave drip marks!
Wouldn't be able to do this with cloudy air bubbles on my older Nikes, as I doubt that clear spraypaint is flexible and may actually damage the air bubble, causing it to burst.

Lol this was odd and seems random, I got a facebook friend request from someone in China, 0 friends in common... so about 10 mins ago I check my filtered messages, not one word typed, but there are 18 photos from this person and they're all of the V2.1 MAG :eek

Edit: here's what I got
View attachment 676248

On their profile they sell all kinds of replica shoes, but the asking price for a black/gold MAG is $699

A seller on dhgate sent me pictures from that set to show me an in-stock shoe. $183, btw...black or grey.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=171951&page=355&p=4105538&viewfull=1#post4105538

A seller on dhgate sent me pictures from that set to show me an in-stock shoe. $183, btw...black or grey.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=171951&page=355&p=4105538&viewfull=1#post4105538
The second link is what I think you were talking about. Right now there's 25% off and another 4 dollars for ordering through the app. So it comes out to around $164. Good price?

I painted a clear paint onto the heel bubble as it's not a flexible part. I sprayed the clear into the can's lid, then applied it to the ankle bubble while the shoe was lying on its side. Turned out well. But it dries quickly, so you have to hurry and be careful at the same time! Try it on some other plastics first before working on the V3's to make sure you know how the paint behaves - you don't want it to leave drip marks!
Wouldn't be able to do this with cloudy air bubbles on my older Nikes, as I doubt that clear spraypaint is flexible and may actually damage the air bubble, causing it to burst.

For the nikes, have you tried using a hair dryer?

Hey guys, I been reading your posts and was hoping to get some help. I want to order v3 from David but I don't know what size to order? I'm wear a 8.5, should I buy a size 8 or 9 or true to size? Also how often can I wear them before the lights go out? Any suggestions on how to remove or fix the foggy bubble on the lights as well as modding to look more like the 2011. I want to how if modding is possible on the v3? I notices that if you take a video or pic of the v3, the light aren't clear like the 2011, any way to fix that? Sorry for asking for so much but any of those question answered is really appreciated. I love this shoes so much, such they are like 7k and up for the RD.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I been reading your posts and was hoping to get some help. I want to order v3 from David but I don't know what size to order? I'm wear a 8.5, should I buy a size 8 or 9 or true to size? Also how often can I wear them before the lights go out? Any suggestions on how to remove or fix the foggy bubble on the lights as well as modding to look more like the 2011. I want to how if modding is possible on the v3? I notices that if you take a video or pic of the v3, the light aren't clear like the 2011, any way to fix that? Sorry for asking for so much but any of those question answered is really appreciated. I love this shoes so much, such they are like 7k and up for the RD.

Welcome to the forum! You should go as true to size as possible with the Nike Mags. The friction caused by loose shoes often causes the wires to fray or get damaged, and eventually will cause the lights to go out. I'm typically a 9-9.5, I got a 9.5 and in about 3 weeks of casual wear, one shoe went out on my completely and the other's battery went dead. Because of the stretchy material, I'd highly recommend a really snug fit. This should make them last a lot longer as there won't be too much moving around when you're walking.

Modding is definitely very possible. jjdelp currently sells the conversion kits for the LED bubbles for 70 a pair. He also does the modding for you at a different price if you're not willing to mod it yourself.

The foggyness on the bubble can easily be helped by applying a clear coat. I would highly suggest getting a matte clear coat to maintain a bit of foggyness and not have too much of a sheen to the LED bubble, however I liked the clarity and gloss coat that I used with some nail polish acrylic.

Another way (I havent quite tried this yet) to mediate the LED bulb issue in pictures as well as videos is to disassemble one of the RED leds (making one less for the bottom). The RED led should show up less on the video and should make it a lot clearer to see in photos and video.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back