Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Thanks. I'll take a look.

EDIT: is there a translated version of the site? Couldn't find them but couldn't really navigate the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've got to manually google translate the web page or get an add-on on a desktop computer or laptop for your browser because they have no english-text website available

Can someon repost the pic? I just want to see them next to one another.

Here are two images from Jedyfyfe's comparison video he did when he first got them. So even you can't really see the texture of the fabric, you clearly see the profile of the mid-sole is not as defined as the 2011 shoe, and I have drawn red lines on the 2nd image to show how big a difference there is on the instep. What I don't get here is that A, how did they miss this if the real shoe was digitally scanned, and B, even the MP and then the V1s even had this wave shape more correct. This looks like a modded V2 sole was used for the master.

The cuff is more rounded. The tongue is longer. Notice how the V3 leans backwards where the 2011 shoe seems to sit more upright.

From the first image, if it was not side by side with the 2011 shoe, you might mistake it for the real shoe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011Vs2016MAGRep1.jpg
    2011Vs2016MAGRep1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 2011Vs2016MAGRep2.jpg
    2011Vs2016MAGRep2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 388
[quote name="booshman" post=4105588]They're on Taobao.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

EDIT: is there a translated version of the site? Couldn't find them but couldn't really look oknavigate the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
If you search for "back to the future mag" they'll be in the first results.

You've got to manually google translate the web page or get an add-on on a desktop computer or laptop for your browser because they have no english-text website available
If you go to the website on chrome a little pop-up automatically shows up int the top right asking if you's like to translate the page. I understand that the sock are really cool but it might not be worth going on some sketchy Chinese website that might steal your information.

@cavx in the first image, I kind of like the shape of the front of the V3 better than the RD, an even, smooth line down to the tip of the shoe. Pity they're a bit stiff in the material at the front, it'd be better long-term if they didn't have that stiffener as we'll all get crinkle marks from it flexing eventually. Plus the taller tongue is great.

@cavx in the first image, I kind of like the shape of the front of the V3 better than the RD, an even, smooth line down to the tip of the shoe. Pity they're a bit stiff in the material at the front, it'd be better long-term if they didn't have that stiffener as we'll all get crinkle marks from it flexing eventually. Plus the taller tongue is great.
Sorry if this is obvious, but what is an RD model? ... I've heard it a few times now.

RD stands for the ones Nike actually produced in 2011 (that I'm sure would have made more money for the MJF foundation if mass-produced at $500-1000, but oh well)
it stands for Real Deal. :D

I wonder what foam they used? The foam in the V2s are like furnature foam. If the V3s are made the same as the 2011 MAG, the foam would be more like EVA.
The V2s took a few days to break in and now they are floppy.
I wonder how long the V3 will remain rigid?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This looks like a modded V2 sole was used for the master.
It'll be easier for you to see when you get the V3's, the midsole's very different from a V2, and not only in the material it's made of. Maybe some sort of slumping occurred in the mold that was made for the V3 sole, and some details like the curves were lost?
Yeah the V2's don't crinkle as much. (at least in the toe) Fingers crossed my wear pear of V3's soften up in the toebox sometime. It is good that the back and wings are stiff though.

Last edited:
anybody here with the V3 could mesure the lenght (in centimeters please) of each laces from the bottom (the one near the toebox) to the top one (the one near the strap) ?

Thanks

jjdelp I've seen your power lace teasers on your Instagram, and I'm super hyped. I just have 2 questions: are you going to be upgrading other people's v3's with the power laces, and if so, any estimate of cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
the majority of members are

I have. Just waiting on delivery. Quite a few others have too.

I've bought 2 pairs, one on first release not long after @Jedifyfe got his, and another pair a few weeks after, when they came down $100. I can vouch for the reliability of those sellers. They communicated well with QC pics and everything. I'm actually putting money away for a third pair from them :) (Though that might take a while longer, damn bills)
The first pair took ages to get to me because of troubles with the shipping company, but the second pair arrived super fast.

I've emailed them to ask if they would accept Paypal as well,
waiting for a reply...

Do you think the price will decrease more ?

I've emailed them to ask if they would accept Paypal as well,
waiting for a reply...

Do you think the price will decrease more ?
I am interested to know this...earlier in this thread someone mentioned that they picked up a pair for 100$! Maybe that was before the website shutdown?

EDIT: sorry I just read the text you quoted.

Last edited:
RD stands for the ones Nike actually produced in 2011 (that I'm sure would have made more money for the MJF foundation if mass-produced at $500-1000, but oh well)
it stands for Real Deal. :D
Thanks! You're right, they probably would have made far more money selling them mass produced at a lower price to appeal to all of the BTTF fans. But then we wouldn't have this forum

I've bought 2 pairs, one on first release not long after @Jedifyfe got his, and another pair a few weeks after, when they came down $100. I can vouch for the reliability of those sellers. They communicated well with QC pics and everything. I'm actually putting money away for a third pair from them :) (Though that might take a while longer, damn bills)
The first pair took ages to get to me because of troubles with the shipping company, but the second pair arrived super fast.
DragonGalvy I'm really interested to know how you got a pair of V3's for 100!! I'm a student so looking for a cheap solution to display a pair of mags with a swoosh and mag logos on them above my desk. Thanks!

DragonGalvy I'm really interested to know how you got a pair of V3's for 100!! I'm a student so looking for a cheap solution to display a pair of mags with a swoosh and mag logos on them above my desk. Thanks!

What DragonGalvy is saying is that in the first days of the release of the V3, the shoe was sold for 600$,
and THEN, they came DOWN 100$ less (so they are now 500$).

Not that he had a pair for 100$.

And unless they finally decide to launch a non electronic version, don't expect them to go under 400.
If you don't have money, you're stuck with the HCs or the V2s and getting them modifyed (and even this mod will raise the total price to 250 / 400$)

What DragonGalvy is saying is that in the first days of the release of the V3, the shoe was sold for 600$,
and THEN, they came DOWN 100$ less (so they are now 500$).

Not that he had a pair for 100$.

And unless they finally decide to launch a non electronic version, don't expect them to go under 400.
If you don't have money, you're stuck with the HCs or the V2s and getting them modifyed (and even this mod will raise the total price to 250 / 400$)
Why and when did they drop to 100$? I'm so frustrated to know that I missed out!! But as long as the V2 have the swoosh and may logo on the back then I'm fine with them. I don't really care about lighting too much because they will be sitting on a shelf above my desk 24/7 so the lights don't matter. (But I want them to have right shape and height) I just don't know where to get the V2s. The HC mags look cool and I will probably get them in the future but for some reason they look way to short in the pictures. (if you look up HC mags vs V2 vs V3 on Google images they seem fine though.) Thanks!

EDIT: is
m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=537923423371
Legit?

EDIT 2: Oh, RVLF, I now see what you were saying... So I didn't miss out big time like I thought. Okay, thanks for letting me know!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back