Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Well, from my perspective it's difficult to spend $450 on a shoe that has a very high probability of breaking in a very short time after buying.

This hits the nail perfectly.

I have yet to buy a pair of V3's, and I definitely will at some point, but their lack of fixing the problems is what really bothers me. If the sole EL wasn't pretty much *guaranteed* to break, I wouldn't be so hesitant. $450-500 is "affordable," but still too much to have to do grueling surgery on them. I've had more than my fill of that with fully modding 2 pairs of V2's.

If they ever sell V3's without the clear soles, so we could install our own EL, and UV-resistant clear soles, I'd be very interested. I don't want to have to cut/tear/rip the factory clears off, leaving a rough surface of cut marks, to replace EL that they could fix at the factory but DON'T, on shoes that I just paid so much money for.

So I have ordered some V3's, and I emailed Rebecca, just to ask about delivery dates, I also asked if David would be making any self lacing mags, this was her response. "as for the selflacing mags would take more times. we will upload it on our website once they are ready."

This hits the nail perfectly.

I have yet to buy a pair of V3's, and I definitely will at some point, but their lack of fixing the problems is what really bothers me. If the sole EL wasn't pretty much *guaranteed* to break, I wouldn't be so hesitant. $450-500 is "affordable," but still too much to have to do grueling surgery on them. I've had more than my fill of that with fully modding 2 pairs of V2's.

If they ever sell V3's without the clear soles, so we could install our own EL, and UV-resistant clear soles, I'd be very interested. I don't want to have to cut/tear/rip the factory clears off, leaving a rough surface of cut marks, to replace EL that they could fix at the factory but DON'T, on shoes that I just paid so much money for.
I've said this pretty much in my first post about the V3s. It is why I am not buying them. Unfortunately, I don't think they hear us about these problems so the wiring is going to continue to be sketchy but that's why I'm just sitting here not purchasing them just yet

The shoes are what they are and I can't wait to get a pair.
I think for folks that are fearless about deconstructing the shoe it's an easier buy. The rest of us peasants would probably make the shoe explode from opening it up. Actually, that reminds me of that one user who didn't put the right battery into a modded V2 and he literally did light a shoe on fire. If I knew who it was I'd tag em

I think for folks that are fearless about deconstructing the shoe it's an easier buy. The rest of us peasants would probably make the shoe explode from opening it up. Actually, that reminds me of that one user who didn't put the right battery into a modded V2 and he literally did light a shoe on fire. If I knew who it was I'd tag em

They are not going to fix anything other than improve the connection of the EL panel in the sole.
The rest of the shoe is very solid and well made.
Pricing is unavoidable, but the fact is, its a more or less 1:1 copy of a 2011 limited shoe that is extremely hard to get hold of other than paying $5000 upwards.

I am still in process of modifying my EL panels so they are closer to the V3 ones.

For anyone with multiple size V3's, can anyone verify if the LED boards look bigger on each size?
Or are they a fixed size for all?

I know different size EL panels are being used in the soles.

The shoes are what they are and I can't wait to get a pair.

I don't understand why you always have to be so defensive every time some guy raise the money problem. Are you scared that David is going to stop to produce them because of it? Or maybe you don't want the price down so less people can afford them so you are going to be the only Aussie with fake mags on your feet? That would be the very same concept we ve been fighting for: #magsforeveryone.
They charge $100 for a replacement pair and they still make money out of it FACT.
How much do you think they are overcharging these? I could pull the trigger at $280 and I would still feel stupid but $500+ for something which is going to break in a week? Are you kidding me? It's about common sense, not passion.

I don't understand why you always have to be so defensive every time some guy raise the money problem. Are you scared that David is going to stop to produce them because of it? Or maybe you don't want the price down so less people can afford them so you are going to be the only Aussie with fake mags on your feet? That would be the very same concept we ve been fighting for: #magsforeveryone.
They charge $100 for a replacement pair and they still make money out of it FACT.
How much do you think they are overcharging these? I could pull the trigger at $280 and I would still feel stupid but $500+ for something which is going to break in a week? Are you kidding me? It's about common sense, not passion.

There, said it. Word!

How is this defensive? You're a freshman on the forum, you have no idea how long we waited to have a decent pair at a "decent" price. The many conversation we had for years and the many attempts everybody did to have a good looking pair. Yes it's an expensive pair of shoes. Believe me, I wouldn't be able to have a pair if it wasn't for the help of Fabri and Brad... So buckle up, save up and get one. If not, then wait a few months and see what happens... I want them to be cheaper too. But this what we are facing right now, so we can't do much about it.

How is this defensive? You're a freshman on the forum, you have no idea how long we waited to have a decent pair at a "decent" price. The many conversation we had for years and the many attempts everybody did to have a good looking pair. Yes it's an expensive pair of shoes. Believe me, I wouldn't be able to have a pair if it wasn't for the help of Fabri and Brad... So buckle up, save up and get one. If not, then wait a few months and see what happens...

Look Emma, you don't get a BTTF fidelity lifetime card just because you have been registered to this forum for more than 3 years. You can also use the real world to speak about interests so don't put it this way. There are many people like me who are a big fan of the franchise but they don't do cosplay or buy any sort of collectible. My point is that being obsessed with something shouldn't tarnish your common sense. I'm not judging the materialistic side of all this cause this is the world we are living right now and I'm not naive. If Nike was releasing an official Nike Mag shoe for 1000usd I would probably be one of the first in line for it (and btw, the fact that I don't want to buy these shoes doesn't mean I don't have the money for it, same for other users who get the same reply when they complain about the price) because it would be an official product which has passed many checks before hitting the shelves. I will pay for the very best out there. It would be still overpriced but that's the market, deal with it.
I don't want to remind you that we know that David's shoes cost him probably 30usd a pair, they still make money when they charge you 100 for the repairment pair. Do you want to pay 600? Everyone has a choice, free will. I just don't understand why so many people in this forum keep protecting David and this price when, as customers with common sense, we should all at least acknowledge that this price is crazy for a faulty product.
Keep you exclusive V3, I've been waiting since 1989 so I can wait a bit more for a better version or for a normal price.

LONG time reader first time poster.

I order Mags from http://www.sneakerahead.ru/nike-air-mag-back-to-futurespecial-for-30-days-p-174444.html

It has been 11 days since I ordered and my shoes have yet to ship. Also they charged me $532 instead of the $499 authorized.

Is this all normal? I hear people talking about quick shipping. Is 11 days normal?

Thanks every1 for help.

Have you received QC photos and accepted them if they are ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah, let's keep it calm guys.

Anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Hell, new £5 notes in the uk have sold on eBay for thousands just cos of the serial numbers!

I've paid for my v3s, couldn't really afford them but for £360 I'll take them as a damn near close replica of shoes I'll NEVER afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look Emma, you don't get a BTTF fidelity lifetime card just because you have been registered to this forum for more than 3 years. You can also use the real world to speak about interests so don't put it this way. There are many people like me who are a big fan of the franchise but they don't do cosplay or buy any sort of collectible. My point is that being obsessed with something shouldn't tarnish your common sense. I'm not judging the materialistic side of all this cause this is the world we are living right now and I'm not naive. If Nike was releasing an official Nike Mag shoe for 1000usd I would probably be one of the first in line for it (and btw, the fact that I don't want to buy these shoes doesn't mean I don't have the money for it, same for other users who get the same reply when they complain about the price) because it would be an official product which has passed many checks before hitting the shelves. I will pay for the very best out there. It would be still overpriced but that's the market, deal with it.
I don't want to remind you that we know that David's shoes cost him probably 30usd a pair, they still make money when they charge you 100 for the repairment pair. Do you want to pay 600? Everyone has a choice, free will. I just don't understand why so many people in this forum keep protecting David and this price when, as customers with common sense, we should all at least acknowledge that this price is crazy for a faulty product.
Keep you exclusive V3, I've been waiting since 1989 so I can wait a bit more for a better version or for a normal price.

I never said because you just registered you're not a Back to the future fan. I don't know where you got this. I'm just saying that the community we have here has never been discouraged by all of the expensive things we got handed for the sake of our passion. Yes I agree with you that these shoes are too expensive and that David is probably making a good margin over his sales, but for now it's all that we have, so people buy it or they don't. There's no need to be so condescending about the people defending David. After all he's the only one that is reliable so far for selling the V3. That's why I said you needed to wait and see what happens because maybe they will be more affordable in no time.

ok so theirs a lot of talks about price points as of late.

Now i didn't want to say anything till i received them but i also have ordered a pair. Not from David. Total amount i have paid is $381.60 for them and i just received the tracking number yesterday. I will not mention the site until they arrive regardless of being the v3 or getting scammed. Taking a bloody risk here lol. Just don't want anyone else to make a mistake if they turn out to be some sort of V2.

However i will keep everyone posted.

So far the differences in service i noticed is that davids team are willing to send photo's before sending the shoes out. where as the guys i bought from kept saying they will but never did. Blind faith right here lol.

P.S if you really want to know where i ordered from, PM me and i'll give you the link.

*UPDATE* - the site i ordered from has just increased there price from $400 to $600. i wonder if there active on this forum?:behave

Last edited:
Well, I for one need shoes fairly quick. And just can't afford the V3 currently. Might actually buy a pair of V2 tomorrow. Just trying to figure out sizing because their is some discrepancies.

HC lists, US9/EUR42/27cm.

V2 lists, US8.5/EUR42/26.5cm then US9.5/EUR43/27.5cm.

So I'm trying to figure out which V2 size best matches the HC, since the V2 doesn't seem to have an exact matching size.
If anyone actually had a HC size 9 and had the matching size V2, and could tell me which size the V2 is that would be great.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back