Judge Dread , Judge Death armour build

Holy cow. You guys have done a phenomenal job. I've been slowly chipping away at my own Judge Death costume. I had a question that has been posing quite the obstacle for me. How are y'all attaching the shoulder pads to yourselves? I didn't want to have some random straps stretching across my chest and back to keep them up in place, but that seems to be on option I can think of. Do y'all have any other ideas? (i'm also on a budget with mine)

My first thoughts are to sew loops of Paracord to the Undersuit & attach elastic to the pads with Velcro closures. Pass the elastic through the loops & that should keep the pads in place. I intend doing this with all the pads. Done correctly the loops should be under the pads & out of sight. The elastic should allow movement without being constricting.

could use earth magnets ? was considering using them on mine because the pauldrons are so big don't think nothing else will hold them in place. look forward to pics of your progress

I would sew Velcro onto the under suit , and glue Velcro inside the shoulder piece . That way you can position and re position the shoulder pieces until you get the optimum position for them .

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back