BTTF Marty Sunglasses

Price point won't be confirmed until the final run is complete, but most likely it'll be under $100 (shipped).

So what's the next stage. Are you happy with all changes? Anything else need addressing, or are you going ahead with the order?! :cool Will these come with a case? Maybe a Delorean DMC Grey case :D

We're just redoing the nosepad part and will make one final prototype with all changes for approval before starting the run. These will come in a hard black case.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Sounds good! Black case sounds fine! Just so they are protected. Thank you for your hard work in getting these made Magnoli, it's much appreciated.
:)

I wish the glasses survived production. They probably broke or ended up in someone's collection.

Would be fun if they're still out there somewhere. Could have ended up in someone's collection yes or maybe they ended up in universal propshop maybe. Maybe Bob Gale may know. As we know they ditched them after the first movie, as Gale said they were a problem to film with, due to the reflective mirror lenses being a problem. Could still be out there in a box somewhere though! Maybe just chucked them, who knows??

There are a few prop questions I would ask Bob Gale. First, how was the denim jacket made, second does he know where the original costume, minus the shah Safari and maroon shirt, went. And third what happened to the Eric Stoltz costume.

Can't wait for these sunglasses. Definitely want these!! They look awesome and the clever way the wording is done is respectful of ZEISS without being bootleg replicas intended to trick in untrained consumer. Love 'em! :cool

I keep having more samples made, just to be safe. I don't want to go into full production until I'm satisfied so... I'm having one more made (I'm really hoping this will be the last ones) and should have them in my hands for inspection by next week. We'll then go into full production and should be ready to ship by August.

Final prototypes have been approved and the main production run will start immediately!

IMG_5287-2_zpshww4436y.jpg

IMG_5288-2_zpskljavwsd.jpg

As you can see in the first photo, the lenses don't look super-mirrored, but then in the full sunlight, you can see me waving while taking the photo clearly in the reflection. I'm really happy with these lenses. Indoors you can see the wearer's eyes, but outside, you can only see yourself.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back