Blueprint for AT-AT Revell

Thank you guys! ... So ...

... Small Update of WE, while awaiting delivery of my new compass which should normally allow me precise cuts of very small diameters:

048AT-ATTTE26.jpg

048AT-ATTTE27.jpg

I would have had a mini-lathe, the thing would have been much simpler ... But the result satisfies me.

048AT-ATTTE28.jpg

Blank assembly:

048AT-ATTTE29.jpg

048AT-ATTTE30.jpg

As parts are cantilevered because the right side does not yet exist and nothing is glued and assembled without bits of tape, there's a yawn at the bottom junction of the front / flank ... But rest assured: the contact is good.

048AT-ATTTE31.jpg

The thickness of the sidewall is lined by inside, not only to comply the double-shielding of the AT-AT (see the cutaway of "Secret Plans" book), but also to fix the curve of the piece and allow nesting without clearance.

048AT-ATTTE32.jpg

Well, for now it's a bit yuck ... But will come the interior design.

048AT-ATTTE33.jpg

Here are the various parts for now:

048AT-ATTTE34.jpg

Thanks fellows! Glad you like it. :cheers

@ christrom: As I was saying earlier (that was in my first post in fact :)), I have 2 boxes from Revell which await wisely. They will be improved, both by my personal additions than by the kits from BlueMoon. We can say we have time to see coming hehe!
... And your project of motorized AT-AT, it is progressing? :love

The walking AT-AT is still on the sideline, I can only get servos small enough to fit in the top portions of the legs on the revell kit so I plan to house the servos in the main body and develop some kind of pushrod system or taught wires to control the legs. I think it is doable definitely but will take a long time :)

-- I had been working on a system of cams to control movement at first, but getting them all synced up was nigh on impossible, the movements are very subtle - servos can do this no problem

@ daverep: Thanks Dave!
@ christrom: Think of me know once you start a thread for this motorized version, eh?!

... Okay, small update this time ... 'Not had much time this week (arf!) ...
I received my compass, but I'm still waiting to be delivered of the blades for circular cutouts in small diameters.

First, the leadership console:

049Image40.jpg

Cutaway view where one can distinguish two levels of the floor to come and the final design of the seats:

050Image41.jpg

Floor viewed from above:

051Image42.jpg

I did my best to stay in the Empire style ... Except it is not Napoleon III, huh! :)

Wow! The head looks incredible so far.

I have 2 boxes from Revell which await wisely. They will be improved, both by my personal additions than by the kits from BlueMoon.

I´m glad you consider the BlueMoon upgrade kit worthy of buying (I mastered it), as your work on the head seems to be several levels of modeling skill above my work... :)

You are the author of the prototype?! ... Excellent! And flattered by your compliments, but I shall never have that claim, no no :$ ... But thanks, for sure!
And I think that what you did for BlueMoon is already really really great. :love
... But when one sees whereof one starts with the Revell kit, one is entitled to say oneself that one will be busy for a while hehe... So much to do! :p

Last edited:
Hi friends!

As in last week I did not have one second to breathe between the house which will soon be built, in preparation for the move and the tutti quanti, here's a little update to show you where I am:

052AT-ATTTE35.jpg

The console of command is in progress:

052AT-ATTTE36.jpg

Taking a closer look:

052AT-ATTTE37.jpg

052AT-ATTTE38.jpg

052AT-ATTTE39.jpg

052AT-ATTTE40.jpg

052AT-ATTTE41.jpg

052AT-ATTTE42.jpg

052AT-ATTTE43.jpg

That's it for now ...
Do not be surprised if in the coming weeks posts are becoming rarer: it will because of the moving boxes!

Incredible work so far. Long time lurker and first time poster and this is the thread that made me create an account. Bravo, can't wait to see how this progresses. Good luck with the move!

Maaaaany many thanks guys!

@ ComputerTutor: Wow... Be the reason of your registration flatters me hehe
... And I hate moves!
(Currently drowned under the boxes... So, double-thanks!)

You sir, is such an inspiration. I'm still contimplating on detailing that much for my AT-AT. I'm worried it might get too heavy as the AT-AT I'm doing is articulated. Keep the pictures coming. Fantastic work!

Thanks, fellows!
Sorry for the standby temporary: I progress no more than a peanut as for these weeks priority to the move and the preparations for construction site to come ... Not a second's respite!

@ darth_daniel: In fact the head of the Revell kit is undersized. I'll post comparative pics when the calm will have returned and that I'll be able to get out again the kits ...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back