Blueprint for AT-AT Revell

Many thanks desPEERado!

So here an update for this WE, hope you like it:

043AT-ATTTE6.jpg

043AT-ATTTE7.jpg

043AT-ATTTE8.jpg

... Well, obviously the base will be leveled (ie chamfered) ... But not before the right side is done, of course.

043AT-ATTTE9.jpg

043AT-ATTTE10.jpg

043AT-ATTTE11.jpg

The left flank and the front, face side:

043AT-ATTTE13.jpg

... And front side:

043AT-ATTTE12.jpg

For scale:

043AT-ATTTE14.jpg

And a macro view to finish:

043AT-ATTTE15.jpg

Baloo,
This really looks nice! Makes me want to ditch my Revell refit and build this! Keep it up! I'm really looking forward to your posts!!
--Dave

Many thanks for your kind words, fellows! I appreciate.
... And as it's Saturday... WIP's update:

044AT-ATTTE16.jpg

044AT-ATTTE17.jpg

044AT-ATTTE18.jpg

044AT-ATTTE19.jpg

044AT-ATTTE20.jpg

044AT-ATTTE21.jpg

044AT-ATTTE22.jpg

... And finally some macros:

044AT-ATTTE23.jpg

044AT-ATTTE24.jpg

044AT-ATTTE25.jpg

The outer face of the left side is completed (apart from the classic small surfacing retouch that appear to the underlayment.
Well, that's all for now ...

Thank you for the interest you show, christrom.

Normally, if all goes well that's a kit that should be marketed by Retrokit ... But this will not for right now, eh!

Thank you for the interest you show, christrom.

Normally, if all goes well that's a kit that should be marketed by Retrokit ... But this will not for right now, eh!

Retrokit? I believed they have MonsieurTox master already. And I been waiting for that like forever. I hope you will consider another caster if you decide to sell the copies(please please please).

:confused ... "consider another caster"? Why do you say that?

I confess that I do not know if Julien (Monsieur Tox) works or not for Domi (RetroKit). Anyway, Domi is used to work occasionally with various model builders, allowing him to focus on what he's the most interested (anyway he makes about 90% of his masters).
If each "branch" of Retrokit (RetroTracks, RetroWings and RetroSF) therefore enjoys the occasional intake of other designers, RetroSF is somewhat a case apart since at the origin Olivier (another french talented model builder) was partner in equal parts in history. He is at the origin of the amazing Snowspeeder kits among others.

... Would you have any grievances against Retrokit? :confused

:confused ... "consider another caster"? Why do you say that?

I confess that I do not know if Julien (Monsieur Tox) works or not for Domi (RetroKit). Anyway, Domi is used to work occasionally with various model builders, allowing him to focus on what he's the most interested (anyway he makes about 90% of his masters).
If each "branch" of Retrokit (RetroTracks, RetroWings and RetroSF) therefore enjoys the occasional intake of other designers, RetroSF is somewhat a case apart since at the origin Olivier (another french talented model builder) was partner in equal parts in history. He is at the origin of the amazing Snowspeeder kits among others.

... Would you have any grievances against Retrokit? :confused

Nothing against them. Just wondering what happened to the head after Monsieur Tox sold it to them. This was mentioned on hist post in this forum years ago(2007) http://www.therpf.com/f11/revell-updates-12-06-07-a-33141/index3.html . Anyway, I still in the process accurizing my Revell at-at. Hopefully, once I finish the modifications. The head will be available. Hoping(with finger crossed).

Okay, I see. I remember now. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was inappropriate to release a full resin copy (head too heavy) and as the assembly seemed to be definitive, adaptation became tedious? I can't say...
The fact is, to be patient you will have ... Because only at the beginning I am hehe ...

Okay, I see. I remember now. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was inappropriate to release a full resin copy (head too heavy) and as the assembly seemed to be definitive, adaptation became tedious? I can't say...
The fact is, to be patient you will have ... Because only at the beginning I am hehe ...

Thats what I thought too. But your approach is more feasable if to be kitted. And yeah, your build can be a fantastic replacement. Just perfect.

Hey guys,

I did indeed sell the head master to retrokit some years ago but they changed their mind for some reason (I thought they were stopping doing sw stuff after their wonderful snowspeeder) and sent me my master back last year I believe...

I'm not sure I understand your question (again this damn language barrier hehe).

- Is it planned a scheme of construction of this scratch building? No: The various pictures of the WIP should suffice. But that is not addressed to a beginner (you must cogitate a bit, be very precise in your cuts and bevel lot of parts.

- Will there be an assembly drawing, if there kit? Yes... But not for now. The assembly will be greatly simplified.

Hope this can help.

I'm not sure I understand your question (again this damn language barrier hehe).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AddendumGreat
Sorry about the confusion. Its a term we use in the Architectural/construction industry.
What I ment is, will there be additional drawing patterns? I noticed the box on the top of the head is not in the pattern..

Looking at your build. I admire the way you make the side gun base. I dont have the confidence yet to do the round object. That part is my Achilles heel.

Hey guys,

I did indeed sell the head master to retrokit some years ago but they changed their mind for some reason (I thought they were stopping doing sw stuff after their wonderful snowspeeder) and sent me my master back last year I believe...

Any plans for another way to release it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AddendumGreat
Sorry about the confusion. Its a term we use in the Architectural/construction industry.
What I ment is, will there be additional drawing patterns? I noticed the box on the top of the head is not in the pattern..

Looking at your build. I admire the way you make the side gun base. I dont have the confidence yet to do the round object. That part is my Achilles heel.

Additional drawing patterns? For sure there will.
The further I go, more new ones are designed.

About the side gun base, not so complicated. 6 pieces cut from a 1 mm sheet, then glued sandwich and leveled to the knife blade (peeled) to form a dome 5 mm thick. Longer than difficult to do :

045Image37.jpg

046Image38.jpg

For now I enjoy myself to cut styrene for this:

047Image39.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back