1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hey DC,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! The new Christmas lights look awesome! I finally have a reason to start the new door and throttle body housing. ;)

This is definitely going to raise the bar! :)

THANK YOU!

Thanks SK!
Here are some shots of a quick mock up for the panel on the entrance side. This is my first try at doing something free style and not coping a prop directly. You have a great following here and I would love to hear anyone's feed back on this. If it's too busy, greeblee, red sticker arrangement, stripping, panel color etc. I know keeping it simple is sometimes best.

The piece of smoke plexiglass on the left will have lighting flashing under it. I would like to incorporate the lights that rotate in a circle like the ones in the picture above Leia's head (see last picture below). I think I saw somewhere those lights were sourced already, but I can't remember where I saw them. If anyone knows, I can try to purchase some for this panel. Those lights scream falcon. They also had them flashing away in Hoth's command center too :)

There are light strips above and below the square box on the right, along with a small bar graph right above the red K that will be randomly flashing and some will be steady on.

These lights would be nice to get for under the tinted plexiglass panel or even to replace that panel altogether. They give a spinning effect.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Great Videos my friend.

Here are some lights for your Christmas tree :) Got this almost ready to send. I'm just working on the other side lights then I'll ship it out with the levers and some other bonus goodies ;)
[url]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/darthchromer/Falcon/th_FalconDoorLights_zps3feb8670.jpg[/URL]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Just out of curiosity, the set up you've got is a bunch of seven segment displays with the horizonal segments hooked up to a bunch of clock signals with different frequencies?

Fantastic end of year with the Mythbusters people! Great vids btw. Yes, Happy Xmas and Merry New Year to you and you family and more goodies to come for 2014!

Just out of curiosity, the set up you've got is a bunch of seven segment displays with the horizonal segments hooked up to a bunch of clock signals with different frequencies?

Yes, just the vertical segments are flashing. I make these electronic parts for the Han in Carbonite block, again just the vertical lights flash on that prop as well. They also used this lighting in the snow speeder cockpit. I assume they did the same for the Falcon door. It's my best guess anyway. I used a micro controller and programmed each light and flash rate.

Hey SK, I need to know if the door will be sliding into a pocket, if so the above panel with the elevated parts wont work. No big deal, that thought just hit me. I figured I better ask you first before I go any further with it.

There are actually several similar Facebook groups like that out there. I look at a couple of them every so often. Yes, TONS of never before seen pictures have been turning up on those sites, several involving the Falcon. I've no idea why after all these decades they are suddenly seeing the light of day, but I guess there are a number of reasons for that, plus some people must have been sitting on them. Facebook just makes it a lot easier to finally share them.

Hi Gang,

Happy New Year! I apologize for my absense... Had a brief health scare so I've been taking it easy. All is well now. :)

UPDATES: Chris and I have been chatting offline and we're hoping to secure a workshop. This will allow much more room to work on various elements of the build and I finally get my garage back - more on that if it happens. A few more people have jumped on board to help move the project forward and we should be seeing some progress very soon!

I haven't looked at the build since returning from the Mind Gear Labs / Mythbusters Tour so I ask you guys stand by! 2014 is going to be AWESOME! :)

Well, don't scare us dude...hopefully everything is o.k. with you and yes, a work shop with lots of space would be God send! Great journey ahead for the New Year 2014.

You okay brother? Make sure you take care of yourself man.

Hi Gang,

Happy New Year! I apologize for my absense... Had a brief health scare so I've been taking it easy. All is well now. :)

UPDATES: Chris and I have been chatting offline and we're hoping to secure a workshop. This will allow much more room to work on various elements of the build and I finally get my garage back - more on that if it happens. A few more people have jumped on board to help move the project forward and we should be seeing some progress very soon!

I haven't looked at the build since returning from the Mind Gear Labs / Mythbusters Tour so I ask you guys stand by! 2014 is going to be AWESOME! :)

1004927_762955577065089_1705416102_n.jpg

SofaKing,

I came to this site specifically because of this project. (A friend sent me a link because he knows I'm fascinated by this sort of thing. I owe him a HUGE thanks.) I've read the thread from the beginning and I have to say, it's just flippin' amazing! Any other words would be completely pointless because I couldn't possibly convey just how amazed I am by your work. I look forward to seeing it through to competion!

The project can wait, take care of yourself FIRST. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. When it's bad it kills me to leave projects sitting half done, but it's not worth your health. I hope you feel better and everything is alright.

As always excellent work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back