Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

I would love it to be real just so I could go to the cinema and see people's reactions. I know,I know,I'm immature.:lol

Ben

I would love it to be real just so I could go to the cinema and see people's reactions. I know,I know,I'm immature.:lol

Ben

no need...just see the actual movie. that'll be enough of a shock for the parents who bring 5 year olds thinking it'll be like the cartoon.

Please let this bomb, please Guardians, take all the money....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHC0N_TNuVw

some of this is funny, other bits are annoying. It just seems like no matter how many goofy properties are out there, turtles and it's fans never gets taken seriously...

edit - heh. They mentioned on CBS FM this morning that 50 shades of Grey got the most trailer hits on youtube in a single day......the only other one to beat it was Ninja Turtles. Posted on their page that as a huge turtle fan, I'm ashamed that got one view, never mind one million. They read that on air. I hope michael bay is listening ;o)..

Last edited by a moderator:
The BEST thing people can do (we can only wish) if we want to see an end put to these bastardizations of movies is to speak with their wallets and don't see the movie in theaters. The studios (quite evident from other crap films out) just don't listen to our opinions. What they do listen to is money. If people wanted this crap to stop they just have to hit them where it hurts which is box office sales. That's when the execs get together and say, "Gee, what happened there?" Then they'll evaluate and see why people didn't want to see it, what was wrong, get rid of the people behind it and draw up something the people want to see.

It's all about $$$$$$ and not a good story, at least with most films. Sacrifice of more mature ratings at the benefit of more ticket sales, but less integrity of story source material, more explosions gain more interest, sexual innuendos gain the teenager audience, or whatever it is... The mentality first and foremost should be the quality of the film and can that make them money. If not, then do something else.

I'm sorry, but i've never been so fired up upset over a movie reboot like this. As a huge TMNT fan I am just beside myself right now how such a big studio with so much money, source material, gazillions of pieces of concept art, great characters, and stories that they could manage to screw up just about every aspect of that in what I have seen so far. They threw the Ninja Turtles into a Mission Impossible film and it looks so disjointed and non-TMNT it's just atrocious and embarrassing.

There is an upside here. This movie is such a total trainwrecking of the original franchise that it leaves the idea of a fresh faithful TMNT movie intact. If this movie had been terrible while remaining more faithful to the original franchise then it would have done more damage to the possibility of getting what we want in the future.

As for the studios being too focused on making money, I am tempted to say "oh grow up." They are only in it for the money. They always were. They always will be. Art patrons have normally had ulterior motives throughout history.

The BEST thing people can do (we can only wish) if we want to see an end put to these bastardizations of movies is to speak with their wallets and don't see the movie in theaters. .

THat's what I plan on doing. Depending on reviews from other people who hate this thing.....I'll go see it in it's fourth week, by the time the execs stop counting the money. And ONLY then to prove my suspicions right that it's complete and utter bull crap

and I agree with you. as a huge tmnt fan....this pisses me off more than I thought it would, conisdering that we've had so many reboots by now, I'm kind of growing bored with the property.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan of rap..but hey, something I didn't instantly hate. at least this seems to TRY a little more than Shell Shocked crap did. That 'artistic' bunch sounded like they where sleep walking through the song, doing an impersonation worse than Shatners style of singing..

Last edited by a moderator:
The BEST thing people can do (we can only wish) if we want to see an end put to these bastardizations of movies is to speak with their wallets and don't see the movie in theaters. The studios (quite evident from other crap films out) just don't listen to our opinions. What they do listen to is money. If people wanted this crap to stop they just have to hit them where it hurts which is box office sales. That's when the execs get together and say, "Gee, what happened there?" Then they'll evaluate and see why people didn't want to see it, what was wrong, get rid of the people behind it and draw up something the people want to see.

It's all about $$$$$$ and not a good story, at least with most films. Sacrifice of more mature ratings at the benefit of more ticket sales, but less integrity of story source material, more explosions gain more interest, sexual innuendos gain the teenager audience, or whatever it is... The mentality first and foremost should be the quality of the film and can that make them money. If not, then do something else.

I'm sorry, but i've never been so fired up upset over a movie reboot like this. As a huge TMNT fan I am just beside myself right now how such a big studio with so much money, source material, gazillions of pieces of concept art, great characters, and stories that they could manage to screw up just about every aspect of that in what I have seen so far. They threw the Ninja Turtles into a Mission Impossible film and it looks so disjointed and non-TMNT it's just atrocious and embarrassing.

The sad truth is the general public does not care about movies the way we do. Familiar names and faces, big explosions, lots of hype, all of these attract them to the theater. Movies are just something to do, a social event. Most can't even remember most of what they saw, or having even seen some movies after the fact. It's just not that important to them. That is why box office should never be used as a measure of true quality. Sorry if this sounds snobbish, but most people simply don't care enough to understand what it is they are looking at.

This movie is apparently worse than The Last Airbender, also in regards to Jonathan Liebesman and him directing, you're going to wish Michael Bay directed it instead.

someone else posted this question to me on FB.. If I hate Bay so much for ruining turtles, why don't people hate Steven Speilburg as much for transformers?

My answer was, SS gave us:
Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Hysteria, Indiana Jones, ET...etc. I think folks are going to give him a little slack ;o).

someone else posted this question to me on FB.. If I hate Bay so much for ruining turtles, why don't people hate Steven Speilburg as much for transformers?

My answer was, SS gave us:
Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Hysteria, Indiana Jones, ET...etc. I think folks are going to give him a little slack ;o).

While I didn't agree with all the choices they made with design I think it was easily the best film of the bunch because there was less pull I'm sure on Spielberg's end on what Bay wanted to do with it and there was more control over him. From the second one on (basically gave him full reigns) out they just got bad and more raunchy. Whatever restrictions he put on Bay for the 1st one I think he should be more thanked for, though he could have appointed a Director to tell a more faithful Transformers film that would understand the importance of paying an homage to the fans who have kept it alive this long. Sure Peter Cullen was awesome to get back as Optimus, but why not get the original voice actors back for the rest and make it total awesome! I still will never get why Bay didn't think Welker wasn't a good decision to play a character Welker was the original voice for, hahaha!

Same goes for the turtles!!! Why not get a mix of voiceover cast from all the iterations of turtles over the years? Get one from the 80's cast to voice a turtle, one from the 90's film, one from the 200X series and one from the Nick show? Grab drips and drabs from everything and mix it up that way.

Boy... even "Step Up All In" was rated way higher at 53%.

I'm really curious how many people are going to see this over the weekend. The one thing it has going for in box office numbers are that it's targeted as a "family" film (HAHAHAHAAHA!). Which means parents are going to be having to take their kids to see the film, which means each kid=2-3 tickets sold.

If it does the projected $45-50m over the weekend it will probably have have a real struggle making its budget back from a domestic audience standpoint. It looks like midnight sales were $4.6 million.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back