eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

I think the new notch makes some sense, if the chin piece is to slide down when the face opens - it's like a track for it to slide on I would guess.

Do we have a guess which replicas will be around the $49 mark or somewhere on the lower part of the price range?

I'm guessing WELL over $600 for the pieces we've seen so far. I expect high end replicas and the price will reflect that.

I think I actually prefer The Avengers Mjolnir. Looks much more interesting.

I'm guessing WELL over $600 for the pieces we've seen so far. I expect high end replicas and the price will reflect that.

I think I actually prefer The Avengers Mjolnir. Looks much more interesting.

:wackoI think you're right on the prices...
From what we've seen from them before, I can already see the Thor Helmet go for around $600 and that shield is definately going to be one of the higher-priced items, if not THE top dolllar piece.
Interested to see how much the Thor hammer will be. Since I already have the MR first movie hammer on pre-order, the OCD in my kind of wants both versions. That will only happen if they keep the price down on it!

My mistake didn't understand what you meant. But your correct that bit is wrong and was never changed in any version of the lid. No idea?

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the center of the gold chin. Up to the Mark 6, there was a square/trapezoidal notch in the gold chin. Now the notch goes down. Does this make sense?

28rkyl1.png

:wackoI think you're right on the prices...
From what we've seen from them before, I can already see the Thor Helmet go for around $600 and that shield is definately going to be one of the higher-priced items, if not THE top dolllar piece.

I really hope that isn't the case about the shield. It looks like you can get spun metal ones for $400-500. I'd hope a fiberglass one would be cheaper. :(

I really hope that isn't the case about the shield. It looks like you can get spun metal ones for $400-500. I'd hope a fiberglass one would be cheaper. :(

i wouldnt have thought so. a lot more labour goes into a fiberglass one, plus being a licenced product, there will also be a lot more overheads to pay for not to mention the fact on the liniage these pieces will have.

i wouldnt have thought so. a lot more labour goes into a fiberglass one, plus being a licenced product, there will also be a lot more overheads to pay for not to mention the fact on the liniage these pieces will have.

Exactly.
Anytime you deal with a property as valuable as Marvel, there is going to be some serious licensing fees involved - unfortunately.
I think the cap shield is going to be one of the more popular items eFX offers, but I really hope they can work out a reasonable price AND maybe offer payment plan options!
Like a few of use here have already mentioned, I'd like to get the whole "Avengers" set!

Sometimes a licensed replica can have a bad rep because of the alterations and changes that are sometimes made.
eFX seems to be making the right choices here by going to the actual source for superior accuracy.

Well, you can get a spun metal one with the front looking similar, and with no star grooved out, but the back of the shield is completely different. You will find, that to make a 400-500$ spun one look as accurate as one of these fiberglass ones would run you up over $1000 or more. All of the hardware, strapping, and several components that make up the backs of the shield drive the costs way up, ... I know.. I'm trying to get more accurate with mine now. Not to mention, the costs of the license is spread over each piece. I could easily see the shield replica being well over $1000, if not more. And it will be worth it. I'm wondering if that Thor helmet is the highest priced item though, it definitely could be as well,.. or the iron man helmet if it opens and has electronics in it.

Well, you can get a spun metal one with the front looking similar, and with no star grooved out, but the back of the shield is completely different. You will find, that to make a 400-500$ spun one look as accurate as one of these fiberglass ones would run you up over $1000 or more. All of the hardware, strapping, and several components that make up the backs of the shield drive the costs way up, ... I know.. I'm trying to get more accurate with mine now. Not to mention, the costs of the license is spread over each piece. I could easily see the shield replica being well over $1000, if not more. And it will be worth it. I'm wondering if that Thor helmet is the highest priced item though, it definitely could be as well,.. or the iron man helmet if it opens and has electronics in it.

Maybe, but I'm mostly considering it as a wall hanger and nothing more, so straps and stuff isn't that important to me.

I very much doubt that would be the case since none of the movie lids ever had servos etc, it was all CG. I could see lite eyes for sure, I would guess the Ironman lid will be in the $700-800 range.

The faceplate would be cool if it did open, but as you said, doubtful

as for the eyes, Bryan has confirmed over on Sideshow Freaks that the eyes will light up!

he was also talking about the various components of the helmet being in several pieces (this is something that you'll probably know a lot about) and that they are working on the best way of presenting it

maybe it'll have removeable pieces?

that would be kewl

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back