Mad Max: Fury Road

I'm torn, it looks interesting but the trailer didn't really do much to push the storyline. Anyone notice magazines and online call it the start of a reboot when it's supposed to be an in between movie isn't it?

Wow... that looks far out!!!

For some reason I thought Charlize Theron played the villain. Looks like I was wrong.

Definitely going to see this. Looks just like all the others --- crazy!!!

I'm torn, it looks interesting but the trailer didn't really do much to push the storyline. Anyone notice magazines and online call it the start of a reboot when it's supposed to be an in between movie isn't it?

I'm wondering if you can still count the original Mad Max and have this film follow it up instead of Mad Max 2. And since it's in the bloody trailer, I don't think the Falcon is surviving that spin cycle thanks to that grenade spear hitting her in the rear.

Father said:
For some reason I thought Charlize Theron played the villain. Looks like I was wrong.

She still might in some regard. Note how Max is holding a pistol to her head when she says "Let's go!".

They call everything a reboot nowadays. I'm just looking at it as another adventure Max gets himself into. It looks great either way. I was following the life blog over at superherohype when Miller was at comic con. Someone asked Miller about the continuity of the film and he didn't really answer.
blogfuryroad_zps0ac70329.png

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... that looks far out!!!

Definitely going to see this. Looks just like all the others --- crazy!!!

She's good. There's a description somewhere stating she is forced to help Max when they meet along the way. She's like the leader of the rest of the girls you see in the trailer.

She's good. There's a description somewhere stating she is forced to help Max when they meet along the way. She's like the leader of the rest of the girls you see in the trailer.

She seems to be more of an antagonist than a villain, in that her goals may not wholly align with Max's and there's some tension between them.

• A director returning to a franchise that put him on the map almost 30 years ago.
  • A film who's continuity ties with the original material is obscure.
  • Has an excellent trailer that captures the mood of the originals.
  • Features Charlize Theron.
And that's about all the comparisons I could come up with in tying it with Prometheus. Those are not reasons to be pessimistic however since,
  • Movie acknowledges that it's a bona fide Mad Max film.
  • Doesn't feature a script re-written by Damon Lindelof (Unless he's uncredited).
  • No sightings of any plot sensitive black goo that does whatever the writer wants.
  • Shot from the ground up as an R rated film (It'd better be).
  • Charlize Theron doesn't look like she'll be wasted.

sadly im not digging the trailer, feels too video game'ish. And this is coming from the guy that ditched most of his early 80's school years to watch the Road Warrior on VHS.

Please don't be another "reluctant-loner-becomes-savior-of-chosen-people" story.
Road Warrior - MM saves tribespeople.
Thunderdome - MM saves orphans.
Fury Road - MM saves women.

A reboot of the first film would be more welcome than another savior movie.

Last edited:
Looks good....though I could never understand how we went from Mad Max to the Road Warrior;actually thought all the outback,mutants,weird outfits and all that was pretty cheap and stupid to be honest.

Would much have preferred to have stayed in the city with the MPF and more mutants and violence.

But I guess that would have cost too much whichis why we got a dumb movie set in the wilds with funny cars and even funnier people.

Looks ok. Seems like a rehash of the 2nd one, which I suppose makes sense. Not sure I'll catch this in the theater. Might end up being a Netflixer for me.

Um, I don't recall any mutants in any of the Max films....people badly burned and beaten, but no mutants. Please GOD, don't add anyone with super powers to the Max story!!!!

What I liked best about the franchise was all the "loner" bits. I really didn't need him to become a "Savior." My favorite moments are the first film and the first half of The Road Warrior (the rest of RW was also good but the most iconic moments are from the first half.). My feelings about the trailer are mixed but mostly positive.

I like the return of the Falcon. I don't like that it gets totaled ... again.
I like the action sequences ... I don't like that he has to share the billing with a bunch of new protagonists.
I hope they can capture the uneasy menace of the thugs from The Road Warrior... (which seemed more creepy than the enemies in the first film.) Thunderdome tried to take it up a notch with the character design but it really ended up as a clown-show. If they can keep the character design bizarre but grounded in reality I would be happy.

I'm impressed with how much some of it feels like vintage Max. But the parts that don't, REALLY don't. Still can't decide how I feel about this. I'll catch a matinee cuz I'm a huge MM fan, and hope for the best. It has to be better than Thunderdome.

I thought the second poster with Charlize Theron looked really good. The second one was ok. Only the first one looks odd because I don't think that's the facial expression of someone in an action scene. It looks like he is reading a newspaper.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back