Netflix Recommendations Thread

Well, I finally broke down and got NETFLIX. You probably won't believe this, but it was not for Daredevil, it was not for Jessica Jones.....it was for Fuller House. Stone me and drown me if you must, but I always loved the original show and I am really enjoying this new one.

Once I'm done with it--then onto Daredevil.

Legend: Fine performances by Tom Hardy as both Kray bros and David Thewliss is always good, but generally the film was flat.

A Walk in the Woods: Wonderful to see Redford, Nolte, and Thompson, but this was on the dull side. Beautiful scenery though. And, yikes does Nick Nolte look like hell! Perfect for the character though.

Crimson Peak: a real old-school 19th-century Gothic horror story complete with scary ghosts and creepy house. A very nice feel to it and solid performances, but it drags just a bit in spots. Still very worth seeing if interested.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. I was disappointed. It seemed more a pastiche of a cold war spy story than an actual story in itself. The performances were acceptable but it was more a catalog of clothes, slinky women, and other trappings of 60s spy films. The 1st act was good, but it fizzled out after that for me. Not as fun as it could have been.

Eye of the beholder, folks.

US Netflix streaming seems to have added a few DC animated movies since the last time I checked. Not sure the availability in other places.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Son of Batman, Justice League: War, and The Batman. (2004 series.)

Flashpoint Paradox is worth a watch for a few great scenes.. War and Son of Batman? Not as much.. But then again I can't stand DC's new (2012ish -present?) animation style and that may have affected my enjoyment of the films. Don't know why they switched it up (new 52 probably?) but I just can't stand the designs and overall look.

Onto non-DC movies, The Suicide Theory is a very interesting film. It's about a guy who wants to kill himself, and finds out he is immortal. That is ALL you need to know going in.. I personally wouldn't watch trailers, don't even read the Netflix synopsis. I really enjoyed it but it's not going to be for everyone. If you like thrillers, you may enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
The One I Love is a quirky sci-fi romance that I enjoyed immensely. If you like Eternal Sunshine, Her, or Safety Not Guaranteed, it'll probably do it for you.

Since I am new to this NETFLIX stuff, I would like to ask--do they just put a whole season out at one time? Or do you have to wait until certain days of the week to get new episodes like network tv?

The Walk. An interesting story, good acting, and remarkable CGI, but too much backstory and the pace often was quite slow. Not sorry I saw it, but once was enough.

promised land, with matt damon was pretty good. social dilemma and kinda shows how far "they" are willing to go to win...... and its streaming. not a N.F. d.v.d. rental....;) harbinger down was a good 80's style "the thing". especially if you like L.H. :thumbsup also streaming. :popcorn

Starry Eyes is a weird horror film done in a classic, 1970's slow burn style. Creepy atmosphere and good performances from the mostly unknown cast. It's not for everyone but worth checking out if you like these kind of things.

I use my TIVO to get to my NETFLIX. I've only been a subscriber for a couple of weeks now. The only two things I have watched is Daredevil and Fuller House. How in the world do you get to the search feature? I don't go through my computer to get to stuff. Is there a button on the remote to get to the search?

The opening screen shows me all kinds of stuff it thinks I will like, but I want to search for myself. How do I do that?

there should be an icon in the upper right corner, next to your avatar, ive never used TIVO tho. and yes, the "recommendations" is a farce. I watched bladerunner last night and it pulled up the cartoon "curious George" umm yeah... :facepalm

Since I am new to this NETFLIX stuff, I would like to ask--do they just put a whole season out at one time? Or do you have to wait until certain days of the week to get new episodes like network tv?

It depends,.....Better Call Saul & Fargo were weekly,.....Daredevil & House of Cards are entire series,.....all Netflix Originals

J

Huh? Better Call Saul and Fargo aren't Netflix originals. They put them up weekly?

In UK,....Netflix Original is what shows on my telly:

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 19.19.07.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-26 at 19.21.17.png

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back