Pegasus getting Terminator license

Yes, the figures, according to Pegasus, were not ready in time for inclusion with the kit. They stated that they will be sold separately in a 5 pack at a later date.

Got some overcut on my main body parts where its been cut of sprue in factory and they gouged the attach point.

I think the detail looks a bit cartoony if that makes any sense to anyone.it looks like the kit parts jumped straight out of a maya 3d mesh!
:)

I was getting kinda jazzed about possibly building one of these and looked up the T1 and T2 HK Aerials and was surprised by the design variations.

T1-FHK.jpg

T23D-FHK.jpg

Lots of small but interesting changes. I thought they were a lot closer.

I just ordered the light set from Randy..cant wait to get it..I wish he had included lights for the engines..but I have a couple of spare LEDs I can use. Im going to make some clear engraved inserts to replace the solid fan parts of the engines so I can light em.
In the mean time, I wasnt too thrilled with the base it came with..so I made a new one..and if anyones interested..
Laser cut model display base
100_8943.jpg

I was getting kinda jazzed about possibly building one of these and looked up the T1 and T2 HK Aerials and was surprised by the design variations.

Lots of small but interesting changes. I thought they were a lot closer.

Well, they certainly look closer to one another than say the T3 or T4 based HKs, almost like Terminator's version of the ANH and ESB Millennium Falcons. Main thing about the flying HK from the first film is it was filmed kind of smokey and obscured with lots of haze and at limited angles while the T2 version was crystal clear. So I am not surprised that things were tweaked a bit on it. As for Pegasus doing a separate pack of Endos, I am glad they are. That means I can literally FLOOD the battlefield with Endos if I wish to and not have to end up buying a few aerial and ground HKs to achieve that.

I have a question for the T1 and 2 researchers. What was the assault rifle basis for the plasma rifles utilized by the resistance? I'm not talking the Endo battle rifle, I'm talking about the armament seen used by Reese in the first film and as used by other resistance troops. It looks to be sub-machine gun based as opposed to something big like an M-16 or an AK-47, (perhaps HK MP-5 based, but with a lot of junk on the front) but I can't quite place it. I doubt they were 100% custom fabricated given that typically isn't the way with prop guns (not when copying elements from real weapons tends to be more cost effective and T1 was relatively low budget when it was made). If I plan to have some ground troops in my diorama, I do want to try and unify their armaments at least a little bit.

Ahhh, most excellent and thanks Nick. Trying to find bullpup configuration armaments in 1/35 scale might be a bit of a challenge, but it could be worth a go.

Hi All,
With the new movie in the offing I suppose there'll be even more T-variants coming
out. Some of the stuff from 'Salvation' esp the aqua type thingys didn't see the light
of day as kits which seemed a shame.
As someone remarked the new range of Alclad 2 metal finishes are fantastic (need to be
airbrushed). Below is a pic of an HK built by Stewoo and displayed at the Small Space Show
held in UK a couple of months ago on the SFM:uk table.

9241439537_78bee3f639.jpg

Cheers!

Steve

Some of the stuff from 'Salvation' esp the aqua type thingys didn't see the light
of day as kits which seemed a shame.

Hells no, it's great. Anything and everything Salvation related should be trashed and forgotten.

As someone remarked the new range of Alclad 2 metal finishes are fantastic (need to be
airbrushed). Below is a pic of an HK built by Stewoo and displayed at the Small Space Show
held in UK a couple of months ago on the SFM:uk table.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5494/9241439537_78bee3f639.jpg

Cheers!

Steve

I have Alclad 107 Chrome which I'm definitely gonna use on these :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back